Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Even when told not to, Windows 10 just can’t stop talking to Microsoft

10 posts in this topic

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/angry/computer-smash.gif  

Windows 10 uses the Internet a lot to support many of its features. The operating system also sports numerous knobs to twiddle that are supposed to disable most of these features and the potentially privacy-compromising connections that go with them.

Unfortunately for privacy advocates, these controls don't appear to be sufficient to completely prevent the operating system from going online and communicating with Microsoft's servers.

Read the full post : http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/

You do know that Microsoft is in bed with government .. Right ?? http://www.directsmiley.com/cat/1/1_4_85.gifIt's a Conspiracy !

Well when reviewing if i should upgrade or not i looked into some of the new features. And how they worked! It turns out that several of the features in win 10 use data that has been tracked as far back as xp but never utilized on the front end.  Small little things that they really did not need to track. Devious schemes but useful for customer usage data which lets be honest they must use to tailor products and see trends. But lets not kid ourselves im sure they share it!

Something's a little devious when even a pirated copy of 7 or 8 is allowed to upgrade to 10 for free also.  But even then a 7 or 8 machine is being secretly upgraded to 10.

you guys really need to learn about some 'modern' tech. microsoft uses 'internet' and electrical lines to transmit data. but then again, if you were actually concerned with privacy, you wouldn't use windows for any personal info

you guys really need to learn about some 'modern' tech. microsoft uses 'internet' and electrical lines to transmit data. but then again, if you were actually concerned with privacy, you wouldn't use windows for any personal info

Who said I was using Windows?

xp, abd android.... I compare android to a used up loose prostitute, every buddy had that old hack abd she's been violated so many times nobody wants to give that old hack another go... but she's easy to do if any one wants

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.