Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

Suez Canal Expansion Celebrated with Statue of ISIS

8 posts in this topic

You just cant make this stuff up!

I know Isis is a Egyptian Goddess, but don't you think Egypt could have come up with some other Goddess statue to use for the celebration? How about Ma'at or Nut instead of Isis. But nooooo...lets have a huge statue of Isis because no one will make the terror organization connection.

:JSfrXsb:

Egypt's Sisi opens New Suez Canal, says to defeat terrorists

Thursday was declared a public holiday. Cairo and other cities were decked out in bunting, with fairy lights hung from the Nile river bridges and banners proclaiming "From the mother of the world (Egypt) to the whole world".

Tents for the festivities in Ismailia were erected on the east bank of the canal. A giant statue of a toiling canal worker with shovel in hand looked over the waterway. A towering statue of the ancient Egyptian Pharaonic goddess Isis with wings splayed looked out over the new channel, with the flags of the world flying behind it. Nationalist songs by military brass blared.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/08/06/uk-egypt-suezcanal-idUKKCN0QB1JW20150806

Here is some more info regarding the celebration.. FYI, the US delegation was Darrell Issa from California. I cant believe that our traveler and Chief missed this party!

The list of international figures expected to attend today’s inauguration is a long one.

They include: France's President Francois Hollande; UK Defence Secretary Michael Fallon along with the British ambassador to Egypt, John Casson; Italian Defence Minister Roberta Pinotti; Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev; Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras; a delegation from the US Congress; and the American ambassador to Egypt, Stephen Beecroft.

From the Arab world: King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa of Bahrain; Emir Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah of Kuwait; Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, Mohammed Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan; Dubai's ruler, Emirati Prime Minister and Vice President, Mohammed Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum; Deputy Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia and Minister of Defence Mohamed Bin Salman Al-Saud; Yemeni President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi; King Abdullah of Jordan; Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas; Speaker of the Lebanese parliament, Nabih Berri; Lebanese Prime Minister Tamam Sallam; Sudanese President Omar Al-Bashir; and Qatar’s Minister of Transportation Jassim Saif Al-Sulaiti.

In attendance from Africa are Ethiopia’s Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn; Angola’s President José Eduardo dos Santos; Lesotho’s Deputy Prime Minister Mothetjoa Metsing; Niger’s President Mahamadou Issoufou; Mauritania's President Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz; the Democratic Republic of Congo's President Joseph Kabila; Tanzania's Vice President Mohamed Gharib Bilal; and deputy chairman of the African Union’s Commission, Erastus Mwencha.

Also in attendance are Swiss Vice President Johann Schneider-Ammann, China’s Minister of Culture, Luo Shugang, and the speaker of North Korea's parliament, Kim Yong Nam.

http://www.egyptdailynews.com/news edn 6August Egypt Suez canal opening.htm

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry was in Cairo on Aug. 2 for a strategic dialogue with Egypt, but no top-level representative of the Obama administration attended the ceremony. Ambassador Robert Beecroft and Darrell Issa, a Republican U.S. Representative from California, attended.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/08/06/uk-egypt-suezcanal-idUKKCN0QB1JW20150806

1 person likes this

There's a $100,000 nine foot tall statue of Baphomet in Detroit right now that will most likely be rejected by Arkansas so they could have shipped that ugly thing to the Suez. That thing is way creepier than Isis and would really scare the terrorists away!

:lol_alpha:

1 person likes this

1. Planet Mars

2. Cairo means Mars

3. Cairo Egypt is known as the "City" of Mars.

4. Mars is now mostly destroyed

Understand what I'm saying?

Edited by Cryptic Mole

On 12/08/2015 03:34:20, Cryptic Mole said:

1. Planet Mars

2. Cairo means Mars

3. Cairo Egypt is known as the "City" of Mars.

4. Mars is now mostly destroyed

Understand what I'm saying?

ISIS wants Egypt's Pyramids, Sphinx destroyed; leader calls it 'religious duty'

An Islamist preacher from Kuwait has issued a "fatwa," calling on Islamic State militants to destroy Egypt's Sphinx and pyramids, according to reports.

Preacher Ibrahim Al Kandari's call comes amid growing concern about members of the self-proclaimed Islamic State group (ISIS) destroying historic sites and artifacts in the Middle East, RTreported.

http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/index.ssf/2015/03/isis_wants_to_destroy_egypts_pyramids_sphinx.html

commentISIS wants Egypt's Pyramids, Sphinx destroyed; leader calls it 'religious duty'

ISIS wants Egypt's Pyramids, Sphinx destroyed; leader calls it 'religious duty'

An Islamist preacher from Kuwait has issued a "fatwa," calling on Islamic State militants to destroy Egypt's Sphinx and pyramids, according to reports.

Preacher Ibrahim Al Kandari's call comes amid growing concern about members of the self-proclaimed Islamic State group (ISIS) destroying historic sites and artifacts in the Middle East, RTreported.

http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/index.ssf/2015/03/isis_wants_to_destroy_egypts_pyramids_sphinx.html

commentISIS wants Egypt's Pyramids, Sphinx destroyed; leader calls it 'religious duty'

Where's my quote in there?

Where's my quote in there?

I messed it up.

When I went to reply I got an error and couldn't get back on.

I messed it up.

When I went to reply I got an error and couldn't get back on.

If you want, manually put it in with copy and paste.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.