Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

BREAKING; South Korea Issues Full Alert for Western Border Area. South Korea attacked the North by land mines!!

27 posts in this topic

We had to know it was just a matter of time before North and South Korea got into the game. Kimmy needs some attention and declaring his own time zone was not enough press to feed his ego.

If they start shooting at each other..It will not end well.

S. Korea vows retaliation against North after land mines hurt 2 soldiers

South Korean officials are vowing to retaliate against North Korea for recently planting land mines that seriously injured two South Korean soldiers last week.

“North Korea will pay a harsh price proportionate to the provocation that North Korea made,” Maj. Gen. Koo Hong-mo, director of operations of the South’s Joint Chiefs of Staff, said at a press briefing Monday. “As previously warned on many occasions, our military will make North Korea pay the equally pitiless penalty for their provocations,” he said.

http://www.stripes.com/news/s-korea-vows-retaliation-against-north-after-land-mines-hurt-2-soldiers-1.362238

Tension builds along border

Tension is building along the inter-Korean border as the South is beefing up military readiness in response to last week's mine explosion in the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) blamed on the North.

The Ministry of National Defense said Tuesday troops along the border are on high alert to ensure an immediate response to any additional provocations by North Korean troops.

The
South Korean military resumed loudspeaker propaganda broadcasting Monday, after having not done so for 11 years, as the first step in retaliation against the North for the land mines that maimed two South Korean soldiers.

When the South announced a plan to resume the propaganda broadcasting in 2010 as part of a psychological warfare program in the wake of the North's deadly torpedoing of the South Korean Navy frigate Cheonan, the North threatened to shoot at the loudspeakers. The broadcasting did not resume at that time.

Defense ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok told reporters that South Korean forces will take immediate action, including firing at anyone in the North who shoots at the loudspeakers.

"Our forces are closely monitoring movements of North Korean soldiers and have enhanced their readiness posture in preparation for any additional provocations," he said. "North Korea has yet to show any response to the broadcasting."

Officials said the military has reinforced the deployment of unmanned surveillance vehicles, anti-tank missiles and AN/TPQ-36 artillery location radar in areas where the loudspeakers are placed.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2015/08/116_184627.html

In another development, the military is reportedly seeking to take a more proactive posture during search and scouting missions within the DMZ and make their operations more unpredictable by changing times and locations.
Under its existing manual, if a North Korean soldier violates the MDL, South Korean troops are required to release verbal warnings and then warning shots before firing an aimed shot. But now they will be allowed to shoot any border-crossing enemy right away.

<snip>

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon also voiced concerns over the escalating tension on the peninsula, calling on the communist state to stop its provocations and come forward for talks. The U.N. Command on Monday proposed general-level dialogue with its military.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20150811000978

Sk announces deployment of additional artillery and anti tank weapons to the DMZ

Rumour - South Korea is expecting a North Korea Armour push across the DMZ

Edited by DarkKnightNomeD

Sk announces deployment of additional artillery and anti tank weapons to the DMZ

Rumour - South Korea is expecting a North Korea Armour push across the DMZ

That's right. We will see.

I already started a thread on this topic but I will merge mine with yours so that we can keep all the info in one place

I already started a thread on this topic but I will merge mine with yours so that we can keep all the info in one place

I do not have seen youre thread, 

Nice to work together. :cheers:

On 8/11/2015, 2:05:16, Primus Cura said:

South Korea ramps up border security after landmine attack

South Korea restarted border propaganda operations after more than a decade, blaring out messages denouncing border provocations to North Korea, as military tensions continued to rise. 

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/south-korea-ramps-up/2042462.ht

Thought that was my local Wal-Mart

KOREA UPDATE -ENTIRE SK MILITARY NOW ON FULL WAR ALERT!!!

Defense Minister Han Min-koo told lawmakers that the military will execute operations to “take control” of the DMZ

Defense ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok told reporters that South Korean forces will take immediate action, including firing at anyone in the North who shoots at the loudspeakers.

Read more at http://investmentwatchblog.com/korea-update-entire-sk-military-now-on-full-war-alert/#2QYQySw4RTJhdwpU.99
Read more at http://investmentwatchblog.com/korea-update-entire-sk-military-now-on-full-war-alert/#2QYQySw4RTJhdwpU.99

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.