Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Some things seem to never change .

12 posts in this topic

How many of you have seen or heard of the following clip. It's from network a 1976 movie. Sadly the song remains the same .

1 person likes this

I watched the movie and love the rant . I have used it many times here and there . It still applies today !

If the majority knew what we know there would be change . Ya it's the same chit just on a new day . Ya somethings never change the sheeple are still asleep

This is a write that I shared here in a thread here at COP. I will take the chance and post it here on your thread again . I wrote this some years ago maybe 8 or 10 years ago and used it as my opening rant to my viewers on a MySpace 2.0 CasspersSoapBox account I had and then on a few other sites . The comments that I got at in those days were priceless . I now wish that I would have saved those comments .

It's funny after I posted it here the first time I didn't get one comment ... 0 zilch  Hummmmm .

http://www.conspiracyoutpost.com/topic/1995-nation-of-fools-my-rant/

Nation of Fools My Rant

My family,friends and neighbors are being played for fools by the power brokers in Washington; and they don't even have a clue about how they are being manipulated. The truth is out there; but no one is bringing it to our door step. You have to look hard. You have to want to know the facts. You have to care about social justice; and that requires effort; it requires living with a troubled conscience and trying to set things right. It requires that you inform yourself and make an effort to change things. The trouble is that most Americans don't want to know the truth because it would make them uncomfortable. So they turn their heads the other way and allow themselves to be distracted from their civic and patriotic duties. It is easier to display the flag and plaster their cars with 'Support our troops' stickers. This mode of being requires no real effort; nor accountability.
Their government is murdering millions of innocent people all around the planet, torturing people and toppling both democratic and progressive governments; it is committing acts of terror against the world's working poor; it is plundering their homelands and stealing their wealth. How can any person of conscience remain indifferent toward these acts? How can we wave our flags and support our troops when this is what they are doing? Is this their idea of liberation? Is this their perception of Democracy? Is this the kind of nation we want to be?

While this is going on they are concerned only about shopping, mindless consumption, and watching American Idol. As citizens, they have been rendered totally useless. Fascism flourishes where citizens are inactive and uninformed. Where there is apathy there is fascism.
When will the people learn that the interests of big business and multinational corporations; the interest of the ruling class-are not our interests? When an American president-it doesn't matter which one-talks about protecting American interests, whose interest do they mean? They mean the interest of the ruling class-the Rockefellers, Carnegies, Murdochs, the Cheneys and the Bushes. They mean the interest of General Electric, Halliburton, Bechtel, Boeing, Wal-mart, Northrup-Grumman; Raytheon, Exxon-Mobil; Shell Oil and Texaco. These are not my interests. Nor are they the interests of ninety-nine percent of the populace. And they certainly are not noble causes to fight and die for.
Most of my fellow citizens would be as angry as I am about all of this if they knew what I know. But they don't want to know, damn them! It would threaten their comfortable existence. It might even activate some spark of hidden conscience that would force them into action.

It's not that we are a nation of stooges and idiots (though it certainly appears that way at times); it is that we are a nation of the lazy and morbidly obese-physically, mentally and spiritually. From cradle to grave we are exposed to the brave new world of Madison Avenue, the endless stream of corporate propaganda that dull our senses and wear us down. The assault upon our sensibilities is constant. Our view of the world is misshapened, distorted into the grotesque in the mirrors of the corporate media. We are a nation of addicts. Some of our addictions include: oil, entertainment, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, conspicuous consumption and hubris. There is nothing wrong with being entertained, per se. But it must be in healthy proportions to being informed. As journalist Bill Moyers has observed, 'We are not getting the information we need to make us free.'
As a result, the age of reason is nearing an end. We are careening back into the abyss of ignorance and fear that characterized the Dark Ages. Evidence for this consists in the rise of nationalism, jingoism, intolerance and religious fundamentalism. If we don't soon wake from our zombie state, we will no longer teach the truth of evolution in our public schools.

The stage is already set in Kansas for that sorry event to take place. Science and understanding will be supplanted by religious dogma and zealotry. No proof, no evidence will be necessary. We will live our lives by faith-blind faith; deaf and dumb faith. Ecological literacy will become a forgotten dream, as the earth sinks into irrevocable ruin in the bilge of consumption and industrial waste we created. Heretics, as was done in the past, will be subject to persecution; burned at the stake as blasphemers. Copernicus and Giordano Bruno will welcome the company. Free thinking and the publication of non-religious books will be banned. White supremacists (as they do now in the slave states) will hold the reins of power; and a new era of industrial slavery will be ushered in. Behold the twelve hour work day; rejoice in the seventy-two hour work week. And it will be called a free and open society-a Christian Nation. It will be called the Greatest Nation on Earth. It will be called 'Amerika.' Religious leaders will openly call for the assassination of democratically elected presidents of sovereign nations. The CIA and its henchmen will obediently carry out the orders. Ignorant, supercilious, bumbling stooges will be our war time presidents. We will exist in a state of perpetual war. Ours' will be a permanent war time economy, until its collapse in a few short decades of flaming exuberance. The war machine must be fed with our babies-those of the working class. Elections will be rigged and their outcomes predetermined by electronic voting machines that leave no paper trails. Ignorance will be called truth. Hate will be called love. Words will have no meaning. The fascist police state is emerging. Take heed.

Edited by CSB

Hollywood has been used by both factions (yes, I still believe in the good guys being out there although badly outnumbered) since it's inception. What better way to get their message out, be it good or ill natured.

It's long been postulated those who precipitate nefarious deeds have to "warn" or "disclose" their plan no matter how cryptic it may be.

http://i58.tinypic.com/4h9xrk.jpg

Edited by CalmShock

Thank you for both for your replies .  The point I was trying to make is nothing is going to change unless we change it .

I remember that movie in the theaters .  Even at that young age the message resounded in my head .  The meaning of it became clear as I grew older .  It just astounds me that that message rings true across these boards still .

The only time anything was accomplished was when people were in the streets. Look at the civil rights movement or the antiwar movement of the 60s and 70s .

I believe social media is a substitution for the boob tube  (  television ).  Voices will not be heard unless we are in the streets. Complaining on the computer does not do much good .

Nonviolent civil disobedience is the way to go. We can post all the rants we want on the computer the majority of people will not listen and our voices will not be heard .

Edited by Falling down

The trouble is that most Americans don't want to know the truth because it would make them uncomfortable.

I am a true hated republican / conservative. And poor as well. But I believe in the idea of trickle down economics (as it should be, big business employ people.
They purchase goods and services from local businesses. The employees spend their pay checks locally. This was Reagan's vision, not the travesty of off shore work forces
and bank accounts businesses use today.)

My only disagreement with your observation is that of the religious rights' influence on our country in the last paragraph. They no longer hold sway. Violence, graft, corruption
and moral decay rule this country now. Its a liberal playground ruled by the liberal media. Minorities should be able to commit violent acts with impunity, lest we be racist.
Homosexualality should be taught in schools and anyone who disagrees be labeled non progressive, or worse the perpatrator of a hate crime / civil rights violator. Just ask caitlyn jenner - reality TV star.

I will tell you this, the truest axiom of all time is that those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Today America is looking an awful like an indulgent Roman Empire, right before the fall.

-Arnie L

Thank you for both for your replies .  The point I was trying to make is nothing is going to change unless we change it .

I remember that movie in the theaters .  Even at that young age the message resounded in my head .  The meaning of it became clear as I grew older .  It just astounds me that that message rings true across these boards still .

The only time anything was accomplished was when people were in the streets. Look at the civil rights movement or the antiwar movement of the 60s and 70s .

I believe social media is a substitution for the boob tube  (  television ).  Voices will not be heard unless we are in the streets. Complaining on the computer does not do much good .

Nonviolent civil disobedience is the way to go. We can post all the rants we want on the computer the majority of people will not listen and our voices will not be heard .

You are so right !

I see the problem is in mainstream media , they are not putting out the information to keep people free ..

And here we are only preaching to the choir . So what can we do to get the info to those that may pay heed ?  I'v tried just about everything over the years !

You and I know that moral decay, political corruption and fascism are everywhere we see it they don't . And we activists have been busy . For decades we have tried every tactic to avert catastrophe. We voted, wrote letters, gave money, held signs, protested in marches, clicked links, signed petitions, tweeted websites, wrote books, taught classes, turned off the television, programmed apps, engaged in direct action, committed petty vandalism . All for naught .  I fear the reality is that most sleepy sheeple will have to shed a few tears before being able to see clearly . Then maybe some disobedience to the authority will prevail . It seems a popular revolution remains the only viable tactic left .

Just a added note :  I make fliers and small booklets with topics with links . and small business cards as invites to sites including this one . I am even now thinking of a bumper sticker machine . Last month a few friends and I using chalk wrote messages with sites on the sides of rail boxcars  .  Planting seeds in the minds of the sleeping .

You are so right !

I see the problem is in mainstream media , they are not putting out the information to keep people free ..

And here we are only preaching to the choir . So what can we do to get the info to those that may pay heed ?  I'v tried just about everything over the years !

You and I know that moral decay, political corruption and fascism are everywhere we see it they don't . And we activists have been busy . For decades we have tried every tactic to avert catastrophe. We voted, wrote letters, gave money, held signs, protested in marches, clicked links, signed petitions, tweeted websites, wrote books, taught classes, turned off the television, programmed apps, engaged in direct action, committed petty vandalism . All for naught .  I fear the reality is that most sleepy sheeple will have to shed a few tears before being able to see clearly . Then maybe some disobedience to the authority will prevail . It seems a popular revolution remains the only viable tactic left .

Just a added note :  I make fliers and small booklets with topics with links . and small business cards as invites to sites including this one . I am even now thinking of a bumper sticker machine . Last month a few friends and I using chalk wrote messages with sites on the sides of rail boxcars  .  Planting seeds in the minds of the sleeping .

The answer is before us. All you need to do is look at history . The peoples voices started being heard after Gandhi.  The next chapter was heard from Martin Luther King, the antiwar movement in the 60s and 70s copied both messages .   They all seem to have worked .

Gandhi wrote the book all everyone needs to do now is read it .  Our voices will not be heard through any type of media be it social  media or on TV .

In order to be heard everyone needs to get up off their asses !   The  anarchist  have tried tried  to be heard,  rebellions have tried to voice their opinion and sadly jihadist are attempting it now .  The only proven tactic is nonviolent civil  disobedience .  Everything else just leads to more conflict .

honestly we need to look at the past to learn the lessons for the future .

Edited by Falling down

I am a true hated republican / conservative. And poor as well. But I believe in the idea of trickle down economics (as it should be, big business employ people.
They purchase goods and services from local businesses. The employees spend their pay checks locally. This was Reagan's vision, not the travesty of off shore work forces
and bank accounts businesses use today.)

My only disagreement with your observation is that of the religious rights' influence on our country in the last paragraph. They no longer hold sway. Violence, graft, corruption
and moral decay rule this country now. Its a liberal playground ruled by the liberal media. Minorities should be able to commit violent acts with impunity, lest we be racist.
Homosexualality should be taught in schools and anyone who disagrees be labeled non progressive, or worse the perpatrator of a hate crime / civil rights violator. Just ask caitlyn jenner - reality TV star.

I will tell you this, the truest axiom of all time is that those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Today America is looking an awful like an indulgent Roman Empire, right before the fall.

-Arnie L

Republican/Democrat only describes the two legs of the same beast . Zionist rule has got us no where with their agendas to control the masses with corporate rule .

Don't miss understand me; I do not oppose Unity . I do not oppose Order . I oppose the means by which that Unity and Order are manifested and maintained . Greed, anger, fear, and thirst for power have failed us . Until we have Unification without fear ... without violence ... without greed ... There will be No World Order .

The Constitution is not what is out of date it's all those old Zionist satanic psychopaths in positions of authority thats out of date . 

Even now Trump will be a issue to freedom in time he to will prove to be a dog and pony show . He talks a good talk but he wont be able to walk a straight line do to his involvement with the real puppet masters in Israel .

What we need is a Red Neck in the White house . Some one with out the thirst for power and wealth, someone with the best interest of the people . 

If this country is going to go to hell in a hand basket we should have fun on the way down .

You hurt me CSB. I like to think of Trump in all of his brash, blowhard ways as a catalyst for change (maybe not the redneck we need, but not just another lawyer / politico) and you reinforce that nagging feeling in the back of my head that its all just a big side show and come election day should he win it'll be 'just another day in Washington' :(

-AL

The answer is before us. All you need to do is look at history . The peoples voices started being heard after Gandhi.  The next chapter was heard from Martin Luther King, the antiwar movement in the 60s and 70s copied both messages .   They all seem to have worked .

Gandhi wrote the book all everyone needs to do now is read it .  Our voices will not be heard through any type of media be it social  media or on TV .

In order to be heard everyone needs to get up off their asses !   The  anarchist  have tried tried  to be heard,  rebellions have tried to voice their opinion and sadly jihadist are attempting it now .  The only proven tactic is nonviolent civil  disobedience .  Everything else just leads to more conflict .

honestly we need to look at the past to learn the lessons for the future .

I wish I had the answers but I know you are right people don't know history . As for Gandhi and Martin Luther King and I could add more to this list ; All are heroes are dead or in prison . That is something the people need is a hero in the 60s and 70s we had heroes ; now days they would be added to the suicide statistics . As for the Anarchist they gave it a good go but just the name Anarchist scares people it would be something out of the norm . Kinda like helter skelter .

Really I see us as in the end times maybe its time to start over again .

This is a cool video its about the evolution of man you may enjoy it ..

You hurt me CSB. I like to think of Trump in all of his brash, blowhard ways as a catalyst for change (maybe not the redneck we need, but not just another lawyer / politico) and you reinforce that nagging feeling in the back of my head that its all just a big side show and come election day should he win it'll be 'just another day in Washington' :(

-AL

I wish I could give you some comfort but I can't at this point Over the years I have seen to many lies and deceptions from both Rep and Dems .

One has to remember no politician will ever campaign on acts of oppression . This is way I wont vote in national elections I don't want the blood on my hands from crimes agents humanity . I like Trump to I just wish I could trust him even if he has Zionist connections .  Hang in there buddy this could be fun we have tickets to the show ; we are viewing history in the making . I just hope its our last battle .   

Edited by CSB

nonviolent protest is the same as it ever was only the medium has changed. We're on the right path discussing and disseminating the info here but we're, as you say, "preaching to the choir".

The same way social media is being used for social engineering the masses, the same tools should be what we use to broadcast what is so painfully obvious to most of us and let people decide for themselves.

That being said, I think people need to slowly wake up and not be bomarded with "the government are reptilians" brand of conspiracy. Focus on interest groups and policies implemented by those who have received funding from said entities for example. The biggest problem with CT is we're pretty fuckin disorganized when it comes to consensus.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.