Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

i envy you east coasters

3 posts in this topic

Storms bring downpours, tornadoes across East Coast

WASHINGTON, Aug. 11 (UPI) -- Drenching downpours and gusty winds are expected to continue Tuesday across the East Coast and Southeast, possibly bringing tornadoes and flash floods to New England.

A cold front sliding across the East Coast will bring thunderstorms with potentially damaging wind gusts from the Louisiana-Texas state line east to Atlanta and up the coast to Boston and other areas of New England, The Weather Channel said. Problems were early to start Tuesday at LaGuardia and John F. Kennedy International Airports with delays of more than an hour. The storms are projected to affect some 84 million people.

"The storms are moving, just not very fast and that will raise the risk of flash flooding," said AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Bernie Rayno.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2015/08/11/Storms-bring-downpours-tornadoes-across-East-Coast/4841439300637/?spt=hs&or=tn_us

here we are looking for more nice weather ahead..with no rain in sight...not yet 

yeah we had 2-1/2" in some spots where I am (have to go check my garden tonite) and were ok, it's about 40-50 min from here they had 4" (all within 24 hrs).  Flooded a big mall, made town streets into rivers and flooded basements.  

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.