Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

Target Removing Gender Based Signs From Its Stores

17 posts in this topic

It's a move that's gaining a lot of attention and criticism from across the nation. Target has decided to phase out gender based signage in its stores, starting with the children's bedding and toys aisles, according to its blog online.

"... In the kids’ Bedding area, signs will no longer feature suggestions for boys or girls, just kids. In the Toys aisles, we’ll also remove reference to gender, including the use of pink, blue, yellow or green paper on the back walls of our shelves. You’ll see these changes start to happen over the next few months," the online blog stated.

Target says the decision to remove gender based signage is a result of customer feedback.

<snip>

http://www.wset.com/story/29751040/target-removing-gender-based-signs-from-its-stores

They can remove the signs from the bathrooms and the fitting rooms. That shouldn't be much of a challenge for them. :damned:

Edited by Cinnamon

I've seen this "unisex" concept applied in men's clothing for many years. The same pair of jeans is sold to both with different tags. The only diff. Is in the size being -20 for women. I guess this saves the clothing designers some work and money. No thanks, I'd sooner be happy with mil. Surplus olive drab fatigues.

it seems that the use of the word male or female these days will label you sexist, and maybe target is trying to prevent this early on.

as far as bathrooms go, my local mall has had a gender neutral unisex bathroom by the food court for ten years now.

Guess I will boycott Target now too! My personal boycott list is growing larger by the day. It's their loss though because I voice my opinion with my wallet.

I get it. So political correctness has deemed the Tinkerbell and Peter Pan merger ?

I get it. So political correctness has deemed the Tinkerbell and Peter Pan merger ?

Tinkerbell and Peter Pan merger

OMG  that gave me a vision   LOL   Please tell me that you will remain the grumpy old man in your avatar; thats something I can live with ...

Tinkerbell and Peter Pan merger

OMG  that gave me a vision   LOL   Please tell me that you will remain the grumpy old man in your avatar; thats something I can live with ...

I promise !!!!! Lol

Only the good die young !

Edited by Falling down
1 person likes this

I am so admittedly one of those redneck conservatives that are so unpopular to be today. I follow christian teachings (although myself I am agnostic) and cringe at all of the PC 'black lives matter', 'caitlin jenner' (I used to be an American hero but now no one gives a shit about me so I need to do increasingly weird stuff to stay in the news) BS. Why does society feel the need to dictate what is proper for my child? When did America become so dedicated to fringe groups? Forgive me for teaching my daughter gender roles as she grows up (as it turns out caitlin will not under any circumstances be a 'Mom'). It's a fine line, but while I do not discourage her from her own feelings and viewpoints I will in no way encourage her towards an 'alternative lifestyle'. Its nothing more than a stupid and destructive phase, much like disco, that 20 years from now people will look back on shaking their heads wondering how they supported it.

Arnie L.

3 people like this

On 11/08/2015 03:14:46, CGK said:

Guess I will boycott Target now too! My personal boycott list is growing larger by the day. It's their loss though because I voice my opinion with my wallet.

Yup, I vote the same way.

Next up: pink and blue banned in the manufacture of baby items. We can't hold on to any long standing traditions because they are in violation of the new world order where humans aren't allowed to identify as feminine or masculine. Hillary pantsuits for everyone!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ItLaJgBCYj4/Ub2-qjDRMCI/AAAAAAAAlDs/lh2jjqpIi1I/s1600/THERE+IS+NOTHING+IN+THIS+WORLD+THAT+A+PANTSUIT+CAN%E2%80%98T+FIX%21+THE+WORLD+OF+HILLARY+CLINTON+-+RAINBOW.png

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.