Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
jayke911

Colorado river runs rapid orange

15 posts in this topic

now it's effecting new MexicoMexico they are freeing up state emergency funds.... this water looks bad...

New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez has declared an emergency that frees up state funds to address a massive spill of wastewater from a Colorado mine into the Animas and San Juan rivers.

http://news.yahoo.com/latest-tribe-declares-emergency-due-mine-spill-180817966.html

Edited by jayke911

The Navaho Nation plans to sue. Probably the only ones that can.

navajotimes.com/reznews/begaye-to-sue-gold-king-mine-and-epa/

It's all going to flow right into lake Powell and contaminate it.

The spill is ongoing at around 500 gallons per minute at last estimate.

Damn Italics - couldn't get rid of it.

thank you fur posting picture. I can't from my phone, the picture does it justice...  how can stuff like this happen... 

You know, this is a good way to poison a large portion of the irrigation/drinking water in the West.

Including:

"The southern Imperial Valley, which borders Mexico, draws its water from the Colorado river along the blue liquid lifeline of the All American Canal.

California is the biggest agricultural state in the US - half the nation's fruit and vegetables are grown here."

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26124989

3 million gallons, of contaminated water from a mine . Could it have been intentional ? After all the EPA is a government agency . Maybe the BLM wants the land for ????

Naaaaaaaa   Or government would not do that ...

I wounder way the news video calls it a mystery they said it was the EPA that released it

BLM = Bureau of Land Management

EPA = Environmental Protection Agency

Edited by CSB

it's not like the is anti lead chemical to neutralize this, it is permanent... third is just horrible fur decades to come. 

That's mild compared to the creek down the hill from me, it's been like this for fifty years. http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/westmoreland/s_703217.html#axzz3iUhPBc5J 

if my link don't work try searching brush creek mine discharge in Irwin, pa. It's the worst in pa and I've seen it blood red at times. 

with or without a paddle you don't want to end up here in a boat.. But anyways it flows right into the mon river where most of our drinking water comes from. 

They used to allow mine operators to walk away from messes like this round here. 2.5 mil tons per day for 50yrs that's 45billion tons!

pumping iron in the steel city!

Edited by Radio
Addition

Humans in the main are evil and will in all probability be the main reason for their own demise (If the asteroid or Obummer do not do it first)

I see these "accidents" and I inevitably think of the phrase: “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who will guard the guards?”  

The very people elected to uphold and honour the content of the constitution and ensure a country is free of all these asset strippers who sell their souls for an opportunity to make a profit!

That is why I like dogs & cats more than humans!

That's mild compared to the creek down the hill from me, it's been like this for fifty years. http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/westmoreland/s_703217.html#axzz3iUhPBc5J 

with or without a paddle you don't want to end up here in a boat.. But anyways it flows right into the mon river where most of our drinking water comes from. 

They used to allow mine operators to walk away from messes like this round here. 2.5 mil tons per day for 50yrs that's 45billion tons!

pumping iron in the steel city!

that's horrible too, talk about up shit creek... this is gonna start happening with fracking too... can't they just leave it be. or pay crazy money to residents near these lakes if your going to abuse it abd treat like it's your propertyproperty

Letter to Editor PREDICTED COLORADO EPA SPILL One Week Before Catastrophe=> So EPA Could Secure Control of Area

This letter to editor, posted below, was published in The Silverton Standard and The Miner local newspaper, authored by a retired geologist, one week before EPA mine spill. The letter detailed verbatim, how EPA officials would foul up the Animas River on purpose in order to secure superfund money. If the Gold King mine was declared a superfund site it would essentially kill future development for the mining industry in the area. The Obama EPA is vehemently opposed to mining and development.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/08/letter-to-editor-predicted-colorado-epa-spill-one-week-before-catastrophe-so-epa-could-secure-superfund-cash/

Someone needs to be held responsible for this!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.