Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

I Get By

4 posts in this topic

Life is a bitch . I am retired; the man takes most of what I get for food and rent . They see me as a commodity . Oh shame on them !  God will get even as I'm a angle ..http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/angel/angel-with-wings-smiley-emoticon.gif

I can't wait for them to go down ...  I barely get by

i wish i could retire. i know of a guy who lives in our apt. he is only 35 and calls himself a freeloader..mooches money off the govt..and he is proud of it.

In the small town next door I buy kindling to light my fire off a retired guy. $10 for a box. He does 4 every day (in his 80's) 5 days a week. $200 extra a week for him. Nearly doubles what he gets on the pension over winter. I asked what he does over summer. He joked and said there wasn't so many old ladies around these days.

Retirement kills people I have noticed.

I'm 66, retired and loving it. I do some gardening, the easy way with cardboard and mulch, have a small native plant nursery, do two newsletters, and goof off a lot talking to complete strangers on the innerwebz. Mr. grav is 67, retired, works part- to full-time with his old company. Construction work, no desk job for him. We don't travel, what with dogs and old horses to feed. But we traveled in our younger days. Travel is over-rated in our book. We live in the woods and can't see any neighbors from our house. Not rich, not poor, doing well enough to do some prepping and book buying. I have a nephew who is retired and sits on his ass all day. He won't make it to 60 at the rate he's going. Medicated, medicated, downright medicated.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.