Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

The Myth of the Black Confederate Soldier

3 posts in this topic

On Sunday July 19, 2015 Anthony Hervey was killed while driving home on Mississippi’s Highway 6 after attending a rally in Birmingham, Alabama to protest the city council’s decision to remove a Confederate monument in Linn Park.

A fellow passenger who survived the crash claimed that she and Hervey were being pursued by another vehicle containing four or five black men. The accident is under investigation, but given recent decisions at the state and local level to remove Confederate flags and monuments and the resulting conflicts witnessed recently, the reported cause of the crash may not come as a surprise. What may surprise readers is that Anthony Hervey was African-American.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/08/the-myth-of-the-black-confederate-soldier.html

Hate don't understand color or flag. All it understands is hate and death. Those blacks that killed that black man for speaking his piece are no better than the kkk or the panthers. 

Unpopular opinion (probably not around here, but I'm world wide, so someone is gonna say, "See, he's a racist", which is fine. I'm sure those that actually bothered to get to know me feel that way too. All of em. ^.~) the confederate flag isn't racist. Maybe it was. I'm not here to argue all of history or the inapproperate actions of people that arn't even my ancestors (My clan never owned a slave, but whitey did kill a few of us when we were getting off the boat for being Irish). Now a days, the Confederate Battle Flag represents Southern Pride. Not slavery, not hate for a yankee, it's simply, "we're southerns and proud to be southerns". I get no confed flags above statehouses and all that. I can forgive and forget that, because there are racists that use the stars and bars as suppression to this very day. But let me say, if I get my dream of owning  a General Lee (the car, not the corpse) then fuck ya if you think it's racist or not. That's the fuckin General Lee, and it's pimp. You just hatin' cause you ain't got one. ^.^

1 person likes this

I like and agree with what you've stated Last1oftheJedi.  However, I disagree with the article from "The Daily Beast."  African Americans did indeed fight for the Confederacy. Read up on the 1st Louisiana Native Guard. This unit consisted of free black men and formed in 1861 fighting for the CSA.  However, they fought for the Union after New Orleans had been taken over in 1862.  History is a fascinating thing.....

http://www.blackpast.org/aah/1st-louisiana-native-guard-csa-1861-1862

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/19/the-free-men-of-color-go-to-war/?_r=0

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.