Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

Young, Unarmed Black Man Killed By Cop Didn't Want To 'Die Too Young'

5 posts in this topic

An unarmed black teenager in Texas was shot dead by a cop who had only recently graduated from the police academy. Just over a week before his death, a Twitter account that appears to belong to 19-year-old Christian Taylor includes messages about being afraid to die young.

Cops in Arlington responded to a burglary call around 1 a.m. on Friday when they came upon the suspect, Taylor, who had crashed his vehicle into a car dealership. Police said a struggle ensued between Taylor and 49-year-old officer Brad Miller before Miller fatally shot the suspect. The officer graduated from the police academy in March and was working under the supervision of a training officer.

Police said Miller had no experience prior to joining the Arlington Police Department. He has been placed on paid administrative leave.

Another social media post last year appearing to belong to Taylor said he didn't feel protected by police. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/young-unarmed-black-man-killed-by-cops-didnt-want-to-die-too-young_55c6283ae4b0923c12bd0fa7?kvcommref=mostpopular

From the link:

Police Sgt. Paul Rodriguez told The Star-Telegram that surveillance video at the dealership shows Taylor damaging a parked car and later driving through the showroom glass.

Perhaps he shouldn't have engaged in criminal activity if he was afraid of dying young.

1 person likes this

I wasn't there when the guy was killed, so I don't know what actually happened.

I don't jump on the "all cops are bad" bandwagon, especially since I actually know a couple decent ones, just like I don't jump on the "all cops are good" bandwagon for the exact same reason. (I know several power-crazed cops as well.)

From the link:

Police Sgt. Paul Rodriguez told The Star-Telegram that surveillance video at the dealership shows Taylor damaging a parked car and later driving through the showroom glass.

Perhaps he shouldn't have engaged in criminal activity if he was afraid of dying young.

Pretty much what I suspect as well. His "prophecy" of his own death would seem to be him being somewhat aware that he was engaging in unsafe activities.

But, then again, the cop might not have followed procedure and engaged the "suspect" improperly, basically forcing a fight or flight reaction from him.

Criminals are animals... and so are cops. Only natural that they both react like animals.
(Cops used to have better training for non-lethal use of force (curbing their animal instincts) until Affirmative Action laws and policies were forced down our throats and lowered the standards for training and qualifying.)

Pretty much what I suspect as well. His "prophecy" of his own death would seem to be him being somewhat aware that he was engaging in unsafe activities.

But, then again, the cop might not have followed procedure and engaged the "suspect" improperly, basically forcing a fight or flight reaction from him.

Criminals are animals... and so are cops. Only natural that they both react like animals.
(Cops used to have better training for non-lethal use of force (curbing their animal instincts) until Affirmative Action laws and policies were forced down our throats and lowered the standards for training and qualifying.)

Yeah, something has changed within the police force recently.
I read some of them are being trained by Israeli special forces but I'm not sure if that's why.

What I am sure of is that police react under stress and threats like anyone else.
They are being vilified all over the place and that must take a toll on their moral.

I dealt with a lot of police at my former job and a few of them were jerks.
But most of them really were trying to help the situation and doing the best they could.

What upsets me is that so many people are blaming all police for their own stupid actions.
If you don't want to deal with cops don't commit crimes. If you are approached for what ever reason be polite.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.