Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

Rand Paul And Chris Christie Spar Over NSA Surveillance

6 posts in this topic

Last night, Fox News hosted one of the most ridiculous, deeply entertaining GOP Presidential debates I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing a drinking game to. In the midst of the Moscow Mules, Lagunitas and amazing Trump-isms came a pretty heated (and unexpected) shouting match between former Gov. Chris Christie and Sen. Rand Paul regarding the spying capabilities of the NSA.

The exchange really highlighted what advocates for reigning in NSA spying are up against, and if the applause from the crowd was anything to go off of, it’s a depressingly uphill battle.

Fortunately, at least, last night’s exchange should keep the conversation going.

The back-and-forth began when Fox News moderator Megyn Kelly asked Gov. Christie to clarify comments he had made criticizing Paul’s stance on NSA dragnet surveillance. “Do you really believe you can assign blame to Senator Paul just for opposing the bulk collection of people’s phone records in the event of a terrorist attack?”

“Yes, I do,” Christie said. “And I’ll tell you why… I was appointed U.S. attorney by President Bush on September 10th, 2001, and the world changed enormously the next day. And that happened in my state. This is not theoretical to me. I went to the funerals. We lost friends of ours in the Trade Center that day.”

http://techcrunch.com/2015/08/07/rand-paul-and-chris-christie-spar-over-nsa-surveillance/

Rand Paul  stood on the fourth amendment.  ?

Christie  preached for sympathy atop a pile of bodies . ?

You know, at least an NSA question popped up in this Fox News debate to keep up the conversation. It’s interesting that with the amount of right-wing privacy supporters that exist in this country, most GOP candidates are striving to pursue pro-surveillance positions, but I suppose “protecting American lives” has always been the easier absolutist defense while the speaking point of “civil liberties” may sound a bit too wimpy and liberal for most leaders in the party…

Protection is the fear racket they keep hammering us with but the very nature of life offers no security. You just deal with it and hope you don't end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Americans have become nothing but cowards. 

http://johnadamscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/life-liberty-property.jpg

On 8/8/2015, 3:38:09, YourMom2 said:

You know, at least an NSA question popped up in this Fox News debate to keep up the conversation. It’s interesting that with the amount of right-wing privacy supporters that exist in this country, most GOP candidates are striving to pursue pro-surveillance positions, but I suppose “protecting American lives” has always been the easier absolutist defense while the speaking point of “civil liberties” may sound a bit too wimpy and liberal for most leaders in the party…

Protection is the fear racket they keep hammering us with but the very nature of life offers no security. You just deal with it and hope you don't end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Americans have become nothing but cowards. 

http://johnadamscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/life-liberty-property.jpg

actually there were many senators and representatives fighting for the fourth amendment .  The NSA surveillance has been knocked back a notch. The problem I see is everyone wants instant gratification and that never happens in politics .

this thread was primarily focused on you FD

thanks storm  my position is pretty Pat on all of this . 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.