Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

An Open Letter From a Conspiracy Forum Owner! More like a rant!

50 posts in this topic

Well said Shep  I felt this way for quite a while. If you are going to places that make money off you that is the main motivation the money. Be it through commercial revenue or donations .   Sites and YouTube channels that crank out conspiracy after conspiracy to pump up the user base are not concerned about our beliefs . 

They are concerned about money I could name names but I will refrain .  I have stated this position regularly on this site .  People have seen me do it. I agree with your position 100% .

Well said Shep  I felt this way for quite a while. If you are going to places that make money off you that is the main motivation the money. Be it through commercial revenue or donations .   Sites and YouTube channels that crank out conspiracy after conspiracy to pump up the user base are not concerned about our beliefs . 

They are concerned about money I could name names but I will refrain .  I have stated this position regularly on this site .  People have seen me do it. I agree with your position 100% .

Its sadly the truth. And it is not just based in conspiracy forums but the whole truth movement. Sensationalistic Articles with no basis on facts generate thousands of hits for some people and are pure fiction most of the time. Disinfo for profit. In one form or another. This is why i started this forum. Im fucking sick of it. I just want to provide a place everyone can get down to shit that matters.

I've been down the rabbit hole and back up several times, through different holes. Each time i understand more and more. Hell my understanding of things now has forced my brain to leave certain things behind. I dont get annoyed or bothered by certain people or events any more because of it. You could say i have transcended the things that most people end up fixated on.

Im just tired, like a one man army going against the entire forces of Germany during ww2. But i know that others exist who will creep behind me and put a hand on my shoulder in solidarity and together we will move forward.

i know of at least 1 other site that begs for money from its membership base. i love to forum. i love posting revelant articles to keep people entertained as well as spark discussion if it warrents it. i love being social on forums. 98% of the time i dont really actually side with a ct article. you can say iam the odd man out. as for cop, i really enjoy socializing with everyone here, brings me joy. cop on shep.

1 person likes this

Its sadly the truth. And it is not just based in conspiracy forums but the whole truth movement. Sensationalistic Articles with no basis on facts generate thousands of hits for some people and are pure fiction most of the time. Disinfo for profit. In one form or another. This is why i started this forum. Im fucking sick of it. I just want to provide a place everyone can get down to shit that matters.

I've been down the rabbit hole and back up several times, through different holes. Each time i understand more and more. Hell my understanding of things now has forced my brain to leave certain things behind. I dont get annoyed or bothered by certain people or events any more because of it. You could say i have transcended the things that most people end up fixated on.

Im just tired, like a one man army going against the entire forces of Germany during ww2. But i know that others exist who will creep behind me and put a hand on my shoulder in solidarity and together we will move forward.

The absurdity  of some of the claims astounds me.  I have actually begun to believe that many people know full well how absurd some claims are.  That these people are doing this solely as a source of entertainment.   It offends me because it takes away from the real conspiracies and gives material for the mainstream media to laugh at us .

I have suffered the fate you described on different forms under different names. When I refused  to go along with certain lunacies I was singled out and attacked relentlessly and when I stood my ground and proved my point the moderators joined in.

Edited by Falling down
1 person likes this

The absurdity  of some of the claims astounds me.  I have actually begun to believe that many people know full well how absurd some claims are.  That these people are doing this solely as a source of entertainment.   It offends me because it takes away from the real conspiracies and gives material for the mainstream media to laugh at us .

I'm wondering if that might be the sole purpose of at least some of the sites that are sensationalizing to the point of being absurd. Mainstream media has a field day with some of it and their audience is a lot bigger than any CT forum out there. Branding everyone who questions as crazy does have its benefits for those who want to silence dissent.

I'm wondering if that might be the sole purpose of at least some of the sites that are sensationalizing to the point of being absurd. Mainstream media has a field day with some of it and their audience is a lot bigger than any CT forum out there. Branding everyone who questions as crazy does have its benefits for those who want to silence dissent.

I have strongly thought this for sometime now. That some people are so in need of entertainment or attention that they'll pick up impossible claims .  The problem for Shep is where do you draw the line and how do you weed out the crazy theories as opposed to the rational ones without looking biased yourself .

It's a definite catch 22 for him  I think one way is to watch any group that regularly uses the alert button .  I have always felt that is another form of censorship that they use as a tool to apply .

From my years on the sites  I have noticed that the real thinkers tend to hang alone.   The other "enthusiast" seem to run in a gang  pump each other's false claims up and complement each other  regularly .

Absolutely it's a catch 22 for Shep.  Fortunately you are doing a brilliant job at managing this forum to be exactly as you have described.  Yes, there are some ridiculous threads posted, but it's not too often people gang up on each other (especially after the sock purge). 

I appreciate very much what you've done, and are doing. :)  I am with you 100%, FWIW.

I have strongly thought this for sometime now. That some people are so in need of entertainment or attention that they'll pick up impossible claims .  The problem for Shep is where do you draw the line and how do you weed out the crazy theories as opposed to the rational ones without looking biased yourself .

It's a definite catch 22 for him  I think one way is to watch any group that regularly uses the alert button .  I have always felt that is another form of censorship that they use as a tool to apply .

From my years on the sites  I have noticed that the real thinkers tend to hang alone.   The other "enthusiast" seem to run in a gang  pump each other's false claims up and complement each other  regularly .

Its actually pretty simple. When you moderate without an agenda of profit making. I use the default rules and leave everything else up to the userbase. They will then decide if something is legit or not. When no evidence is shown most know its fake. But this is the way it has to be to avoid censorship. Some disinfo comes in but at least its not promoted by the staff you know.

Its actually pretty simple. When you moderate without an agenda of profit making. I use the default rules and leave everything else up to the userbase. They will then decide if something is legit or not. When no evidence is shown most know its fake. But this is the way it has to be to avoid censorship. Some disinfo comes in but at least its not promoted by the staff you know.

That is a very good tactic. The only problem you could have then is if a small group is promoting the position against the greater good of the site .

The one rule I have always agreed with on TC sites. Is that no member should be asking for donations for another site or YouTube channel .

I have suffered the fate you described on different forms under different names. When I refused  to go along with certain lunacies I was singled out and attacked relentlessly and when I stood my ground and proved my point the moderators joined in.

I am offended by the CT police that think the only valid conspiracies are ones consistent with their own belief system. Flat earth is a classic example of this. We live in a closed system riddled with secrets and lies where up is really down. That is the true craziness. I would only admonish those that feel the need to sensationalize the facts, making mountains out of molehills.

1 person likes this

That is a very good tactic. The only problem you could have then is if a small group is promoting the position against the greater good of the site .

The one rule I have always agreed with on TC sites. Is that no member should be asking for donations for another site or YouTube channel .

and that is only a problem with shills. And as you saw we banned several and the socks days ago for doing it.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.