Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Expanding the Userbase

Would you like this?   21 members have voted

1. 1. Login Via Facebook

• Yes!
    • No!
  2. 2. Login Via Twitter

• Yes!
    • No!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 posts in this topic

So on my list of things to expand the userbase i have an option which i do not wish to decide upon implementing myself. Due to the nature of them i really want all of you to decide upon it yourself. I've added a poll and an argument to help you decide.

Opening the site up to the less awakened
The biggest step in this direction would be to make users from twitter and facebook have a one click signup option using fb/twitter connect. Thus improving the conversions of users from those places to members here.

This obviously opens up a questions/concerns about specific conspiracy theories related to facebook specifically coming down to the collection of data. And may make some people feel uncomfortable. But moving with the times does have its benefits. But you would still be able to log in or signup without using either.

Either way its down to all of you to decide. Since running cop is a balance between what is best for growth and what the users want. I want this particular decision to be in the hands of the people who use the site.

And hey if you have any other suggestion on growth, id be happy to hear them!

Edited by Ukshep

don't use either, and agree they are data thieves, but we all know if government wants your info they can get, privacy is an 19 th century privilege we all lost with patriot actact

If it wasn't for FB and Twatter the NSA wouldn't need a million square foot building in Utah for data storage. I do realize that it's challenging to promote a website without feeding the beast.

There was an extensive discussion on loopy regarding the backdoor tracking of the FB login. Proceed with caution!

i think twitter would be more likely as the average person's account isnt their full name and all of their friends and family right there for everyone to see.

being a conspiracy site..there are some understandably paranoid people here, and other places.

have the option, if someone wants to use it, its up to them. as for the post before mine

".. the backdoor tracking of the FB login. Proceed with caution!" <---x 1000

1 person likes this

i voted no on both shep. i stopped using farcebook a while back..and i dont have any intention of joining twit-er

i voted no on both shep. i stopped using farcebook a while back..and i dont have any intention of joining twit-er

*whispers* Thats why i made the poll. Votes are better than what i think is right. when it comes to the entire userbase :)

Edited by Ukshep

I don't use facebook or twitter.
I'm far too paranoid to ever sign into that.

I don't know if twitter is as invasive as FB.
I was going to leave that one blank but it was required.

I've used both in the distant past and they both had 1 very common theme. Both user bases tend to be a majority of "attention whores". 

While it would bring an influx of new people here, I am unsure as to how many people of quality it would bring in for us.
(that number would most certainly be quite low)

If you don't decide to do this now, I would suggest that you "keep it on the shelf", so to speak, as a possible option in the future.
(when we have a larger staff to deal with the flood of drama-tards and attention-whores that would show up and run amuck here.lol )

I voted for on both. I won't use either, as I have no twitter, and my facebook is just so i can talk to the wifey over the phone, and even that is now outdated thanks to new commincations tech. That said, opening the doors to the majority, so that more people can be woke up or simply feel community because they see they're not the only ones awake, is a good thing. There will come a time that conspiracy theory is concidered hate speech. And if we don't have things like community, and art and all that shit, they will succeed in shutting up the last bastion of truth. You play the game by thier rules, and win. It really is the only way. Good luck, and keep those chins up, kids. You're doing God's work (even if we don't agree on what "God" is.).

PRISIM uses FB to gather intel.

I have never had a FB account (under my name) or a twatter account.

If you want to up the google search rating what you do is get us to write unique articles and cross post them to other sites. GuLP has a list of 150 sites they cross link their threads to to up their search rating to front pages of Google searches. I have a list somewhere I will see if I can dig it up.

I used to just link my articles from the Munication site to Digg, Reddit etc as well to see if I could bring new visitors. Don't trust FB either. I used to have 120,000 FB followers of what I wrote on the Munication site. Once I started writing about the intelligence community they destroyed those links. So ultimately FB took our promotion money ($8K USD) and then screwed us when it was convenient for them.

Both FB and Giggle were given vast amounts of start up money (500 million) from a bank that is a known CIA front bank. They are both intel operations in parallel to what they do in my opinion.

I think leaving a link to ConspiracyOutPost.com on a bath room wall would be safer than FaceBook or Twitter . Just saying . 

But for now I have been leaving invites to here where ever I can . I to make fliers with topics of interest and small business cards

with links that I leave around and give to people . Now I have been looking at a bumper sticker printer machine . 

Fighting this info war is a pain in the b-tt but at lest I can say I tried .

I to have been thinking about posting a few links to CraigsList in politics . Maybe I can get away with that ?

1 person likes this

I think leaving a link to ConspiracyOutPost.com on a bath room wall would be safer than FaceBook or Twitter . Just saying . 

But for now I have been leaving invites to here where ever I can . I to make fliers with topics of interest and small business cards

with links that I leave around and give to people . Now I have been looking at a bumper sticker printer machine . 

Fighting this info war is a pain in the b-tt but at lest I can say I tried .

I to have been thinking about posting a few links to CraigsList in politics . Maybe I can get away with that ?

Food for thought: http://imgur.com/gallery/0MyGI