Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Army Holds Huge Exercise To Show Off Lethality

21 posts in this topic

FORT IRWIN, Calif. – As the setting sun paints the Mojave Desert mountains a striking red, six Abrams tanks roll toward an enemy stronghold, their massive treads kicking up billows of dust.

Suddenly, red tracers whiz across the sky; then a tank’s cannon answers with a thunderous, heart-stopping blast. As the glow of the sunset dims, three Apache helicopters arrive, pouring rocket fire on enemy vehicles at the mountain’s base. Another truck appears, this one with rocket-propelled artillery. Then a flash of light and the whistling sound as the rockets obliterate their target.

On the other side of the mountain, Army special operations forces hide in the foothills, peering out at an enemy airstrip. Their objective: secure the runway so special forces can land. Air Force F-15E Strike Eagles soaring above bomb a handful of enemy targets. Then CV-22 Ospreys fly in, dropping off Army Rangers. They clear the runway, and MC-130 cargo planes swoop with even more Rangers. Thus fortified, the ground force takes out the remaining enemy, allowing more than 500 82nd Airborne paratroopers to drop in from Air Force C-17s and C-130s.

Here at the National Training Center – a sprawling and rugged military complex about the size of Rhode Island, positioned about halfway between Los Angeles and Las Vegas – the Army is preparing for what it calls a hybrid war: a battle against a mix of traditional military and militant fighters. Examples might include the type of war Russia has waged in Eastern Ukraine and the one Iran is supporting in Yemen.

Army leaders say this week’s scenario illustrates how it would secure land at the beginning of a conflict. The Army hasn’t forced its way into a country since it invaded Iraq in 2003, but its generals want aggressive world leaders to know that U.S. soldiers can still fight the big war.

“In my mind, this is also about deterrence,” Gen. Raymond Odierno, the Army chief of staff told reporters before the exercise began at dusk Wednesday. “We’re making sure that everybody understands that we have a capability, if we have to, to force our way into an area, if it’s in our nation’s best interest."

The goal of the exercise is to show that the Army could deploy anywhere in the world on short notice, organizers said.

<snip>

http://www.govexec.com/defense/2015/08/army-holds-huge-exercise-show-lethality/118955/

Wish I had all that money they just blew up and away. I could think of much better ways to spend it than this.

Wish I had all that money they just blew up and away. I could think of much better ways to spend it than this.

yep, we could have cured all disease, eliminated hunger and really explored space, 

1 person likes this

yep, we could have cured all disease, eliminated hunger and really explored space, 

Bah! That's no fun! 

Just think of the party you could throw with a couple hundred million dollars! (and that is just the fuel money) :cheer:

They have a training center the size of Rhode Island yet they Jade Helm 9 states in the public sector. It's just more confirmation that JH15 is truly a data mining operation.

All of it is just busy work, paid for by numbers (money) in a computer.

I'm starting to think that all of the military movements across the country are going on in the background and probably synchronous with the Wal-marts, and the Jade Helm exercise is preparation for whatever it is they will do with all of this military equipment after the exercise is over and the real war begins. 

Well, the NUKE didn't convience me. Glad they needed to rattle that saber some. MIC is so paranoid, because they know until they replace humans with robots that follow orders more blindly than the nazis (read some history, not all nazis were "kill all the jews". Some even helped those and others, escape the death camps. Real Fact.) then they won't be happy. That's what Jade Helm really is. Training the AI for the day it's in charge and needing to kill without question. JH is Skynet 2.0. Skynet 1.0 already released, and is an artifical intelligence ran by several quantum computers that work as one. All that said, it* doesn't get us. Not yet, not ever. That's what it figured out. So instead of figurig us out, it's domesticating humanity. And it's done one hell of an excellent job of it. 

Edited by Last1oftheJedi
*tf typo. they are right next to eachother.

Sigh  don't be offended but just to put a little perspective on the national training center.   The site was first selected in 1940  it has been and will be into the for seeable future a training base .

"On 9 August 1979, the Department of the Army announced that Fort Irwin had been selected as the site for the National Training Center. With over 1,000 square miles (2,600 km2) for maneuver and ranges, an uncluttered electromagnetic spectrum, airspace restricted to military use, and its isolation from densely populated areas, Fort Irwin was an ideal site for this facility. The National Training Center was officially activated 16 October 1980, and Fort Irwin returned to active status on 1 July 1981.

Since its activation, the National Training Center has witnessed many firsts. The first units to train against the Opposing Force (OPFOR) at the NTC were from among others the 3rd Battalion 67th Armor 2nd Armored Division from Fort Hood Texas operation named TASK FORCE IRWIN III, 1 Aug - 14 Sept 1979.. 3rd Brigade, U.S. 1st Cavalry Division from Fort HoodTexas. in spring 1981. Also Ft Irwin and the 1st CAV tested and implemented the M.I.L.E.S., Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System. Infantry and armor units first augmented the Opposing Force in 1984 as a detachment of the 7th infantry Division, Fort Ord CA. June 1985 saw the first use of M1 Abrams tanks and later in the fall of 1985 saw the M2 Bradley fighting vehicles on the National Training Center battlefield. The first armored cavalry squadron rotation occurred in November 1984. Units from the 101st Airborne Division participated in the first light force rotation in March 1985. The 197th Infantry Brigade participated in the first extended rotation with brigade operations in June 1985. The first combined Light/Mechanized Infantry rotation took place in February 1990; the 7th Infantry Division (Light) from Fort Ord and the 24th Infantry Division (Mechanized) from Fort Stewart, Georgia participated. The first MOUT (Military Operations in Urban Terrain) mission was conducted at the National Training Center Pioneer Training Facility in December 1993. "

Activity there is nothing new folks and has been going on since the 1980s .

Edited by Falling down

Sigh  don't be offended but just to put a little perspective on the national training center.   The site was first selected in 1940  it has been and will be into the for seeable future a training base .

"On 9 August 1979, the Department of the Army announced that Fort Irwin had been selected as the site for the National Training Center. With over 1,000 square miles (2,600 km2) for maneuver and ranges, an uncluttered electromagnetic spectrum, airspace restricted to military use, and its isolation from densely populated areas, Fort Irwin was an ideal site for this facility. The National Training Center was officially activated 16 October 1980, and Fort Irwin returned to active status on 1 July 1981.

Since its activation, the National Training Center has witnessed many firsts. The first units to train against the Opposing Force (OPFOR) at the NTC were from among others the 3rd Battalion 67th Armor 2nd Armored Division from Fort Hood Texas operation named TASK FORCE IRWIN III, 1 Aug - 14 Sept 1979.. 3rd Brigade, U.S. 1st Cavalry Division from Fort HoodTexas. in spring 1981. Also Ft Irwin and the 1st CAV tested and implemented the M.I.L.E.S., Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System. Infantry and armor units first augmented the Opposing Force in 1984 as a detachment of the 7th infantry Division, Fort Ord CA. June 1985 saw the first use of M1 Abrams tanks and later in the fall of 1985 saw the M2 Bradley fighting vehicles on the National Training Center battlefield. The first armored cavalry squadron rotation occurred in November 1984. Units from the 101st Airborne Division participated in the first light force rotation in March 1985. The 197th Infantry Brigade participated in the first extended rotation with brigade operations in June 1985. The first combined Light/Mechanized Infantry rotation took place in February 1990; the 7th Infantry Division (Light) from Fort Ord and the 24th Infantry Division (Mechanized) from Fort Stewart, Georgia participated. The first MOUT (Military Operations in Urban Terrain) mission was conducted at the National Training Center Pioneer Training Facility in December 1993. "

No one is doubting that this place has been there for a long time. I object to the reasoning for spending so much of our tax dollars. And, I also object to the Jade Helm exercises being conducted outside of military land since we have so much of it. Just because something isn't new doesn't make it right.

Edited by Cinnamon

Almost like they've been working on that AI program since they predictive programmed skynet in to ya in the 80s? Cause if ya show me they did it before the Orwell call, I'll take pause and think. But 81 ain't far enough back to convince me the $666 apples arn't part of the program.

Edit: Also, it's *sighs*, lest people think your are saying it and not doing it. Basic rp101. And don't hate me for teaching, it comes outta care, not outta "ha, i'm right" bs.

Edited by Last1oftheJedi
GM. M ain't for "meh".

No one is doubting that this place has been there for a long time. I object to the reasoning for spending so much of our tax dollars. And, I also object to the Jade Helm exercises being conducted outside of military land since we have so much of it. Just because something isn't new doesn't make it right.

well if you object to the money being spent you could've started that 30 years ago .

Jade helm is a completely different kind of exercise  it is out of the norm of what regularly goes on at the national training center .  It's kind of hard to conduct urban exercises in the Mohave Desert ?

Edited by Falling down

well if you object to the money being spent you could've started that 30 years ago .

Jade home is completely different kind of exercise  it is out of the norm of what regularly goes on at the national training center .  It's kind of hard to conduct urban exercises in the Mohave Desert ?

That isn't the only place where the military has land. And frankly, I don't care if they ever train for urban exercises if they have to do it in our towns and cities. If they want to do it so badly, let them do it where there's base housing. That should solve the problem.

The Military Industrial Complex is out of control.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.