Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

another marijuana claim..whats your take on it

15 posts in this topic

Here’s another reason to request a medical marijuana prescription: broken bones. The Times of Israel reports on a new study by Tel Aviv University scientists finding that cannabis speeds healing of fractures and may be used to treat bone-related diseases:

Break a bone? Your doctor may soon provide you with an unexpected prescription – marijuana.

Researchers at Tel Aviv University have discovered that a component of marijuana “significantly helps heal bone fractures,” university officials announced Thursday.

The study, published in the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, found that the non-psychotropic cannabidiol, or CBD, considerably sped up the healing process of rats’ broken leg bones. Those benefits were also present, even when the molecule was separated from THC, the major psychoactive component of cannabis.

Dr. Yankel Gabet of Tel Aviv’s Bone Research Laboratory and the late Prof. Itai Bab of Hebrew University’s Bone Laboratory discovered the connection between our bodies’ cannabinoid receptors and the stimulation of bone growth, which may be used for future research into the use of marijuana to treat not only broken bones but also osteoporosis and other skeletal diseases.

http://disinfo.com/2015/07/marijuana-can-heal-broken-bones/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+disinfo%2FoMPh+(Disinformation)

1 person likes this

Yeah, unfortunately where I live at and many other places, if you mention to the doctor you take mj, he will alert the police and you will be targeted. You can even get your house ransacked because of just mentioning it. Its a sham. Now if one was to move, I would go to the police station myself and present them all kinds of information about this great plant and also tell how they are wrecking peoples lives, however it would do no good because by this police stations own admission; they have said they want to target everyone and anyone to get them into the system, thus increasing their incarceration rates as well as their payroll.

Edited by rbear
+

Yeah, unfortunately where I live at and many other places, if you mention to the doctor you take mj, he will alert the police and you will be targeted. You can even get your house ransacked because of just mentioning it. Its a sham. Now if one was to move, I would go to the police station myself and present them all kinds of information about this great plant and also tell how they are wrecking peoples lives, however it would do no good because by this police stations own admission; they have said they want to target everyone and anyone to get them into the system, thus increasing their incarceration rates as well as their payroll.

Wow, doctors will alert police for weed? That is messed up!
People should be able to be honest with
physicians. Another reason to avoid doctors...

Here’s another reason to request a medical marijuana prescription: broken bones. The Times of Israel reports on a new study by Tel Aviv University scientists finding that cannabis speeds healing of fractures and may be used to treat bone-related diseases:

Break a bone? Your doctor may soon provide you with an unexpected prescription – marijuana.

Researchers at Tel Aviv University have discovered that a component of marijuana “significantly helps heal bone fractures,” university officials announced Thursday.

The study, published in the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, found that the non-psychotropic cannabidiol, or CBD, considerably sped up the healing process of rats’ broken leg bones. Those benefits were also present, even when the molecule was separated from THC, the major psychoactive component of cannabis.

Dr. Yankel Gabet of Tel Aviv’s Bone Research Laboratory and the late Prof. Itai Bab of Hebrew University’s Bone Laboratory discovered the connection between our bodies’ cannabinoid receptors and the stimulation of bone growth, which may be used for future research into the use of marijuana to treat not only broken bones but also osteoporosis and other skeletal diseases.

http://disinfo.com/2015/07/marijuana-can-heal-broken-bones/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+disinfo%2FoMPh+(Disinformation)

Yea, no it can't.

Source: I am a Med Student. Anyone falling for this pseudoscience needs their brain examined.

Yea, no it can't.

Source: I am a Med Student. Anyone falling for this pseudoscience needs their brain examined.

Seriously, dude? You want people to simply take your word for it because you claim that you are in the process of learning medicine? Um, no.

While I don't support all the claims made by proponents for medicinal marijuana use, I do know that my nearly life long study of biochemistry does support the well established fact that botanical sources for medicine do indeed work, and more often than not, work more effectively and carry far less potential for severe side effects than their similar synthetic medicine alternative. 

However, I do not ask anyone to simply take my word for it. I invite everyone who is curious about the subject to learn on their own and come to their own conclusions.

1 person likes this

Seriously, dude? You want people to simply take your word for it because you claim that you are in the process of learning medicine? Um, no.

While I don't support all the claims made by proponents for medicinal marijuana use, I do know that my nearly life long study of biochemistry does support the well established fact that botanical sources for medicine do indeed work, and more often than not, work more effectively and carry far less potential for severe side effects than their similar synthetic medicine alternative. 

However, I do not ask anyone to simply take my word for it. I invite everyone who is curious about the subject to learn on their own and come to their own conclusions.

You don't day. Strange you would think their would be a name for botanical remedies that work. Oh yea their is, medicine.

You don't day. Strange you would think their would be a name for botanical remedies that work. Oh yea their is, medicine.

Which is why I clearly stated "botanical sources for medicine". 

Better luck next time with the haughty remark! :cheers: (perhaps it will even have some merit next time)

Marijuana helps heal broken bones, and even makes them stronger, scientists discover

A marijuana chemical known as cannabinoid cannabidiol (CBD) helps fractures heal faster and even make the bones stronger than they were before, according to a study conducted by researchers from Tel Aviv University and Hebrew University and published in the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research.

CBD has no psychotropic effects.

“We found that CBD alone makes bones stronger during healing, enhancing the maturation of the collagenous matrix, which provides the basis for new mineralization of bone tissue,” researcher Yankel Gabet said. “After being treated with CBD, the healed bone will be harder to break in the future.”

https://www.intellihub.com/marijuana-helps-heal-broken-bones-and-even-makes-them-stronger-scientists-discover/

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.