Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

FBI Says That Citizens Should Have No Secrets That the Government Can’t Access: The Orwellian Cyber Police State Has Arrived

11 posts in this topic

The police and surveillance state predicted in the forward-looking 1940s classic “1984” by George Orwell, has slowly, but steadily, come to fruition. However, like a frog sitting idly in a pan of steadily-warming water, too many Americans still seem unaware that the slow boil of big government is killing their constitutional liberties.

The latest sign of this stealth takeover of civil rights and freedom was epitomized in recent Senate testimony by FBI Director James Comey, who voiced his objections to civilian use of encryption to protect personal data – information the government has no automatic right to obtain.

As reported by The New American, Comey testified that he believes the government’s spy and law enforcement agencies should have unfettered access to everything Americans may store or send in electronic format: On computer hard drives, in so-called i-clouds, in email and in text messaging – for our own safety and protection. Like many in government today, Comey believes that national security is more important than constitutional privacy protections or, apparently, due process. After all, aren’t criminals the only ones who really have anything to hide?

In testimony before a hearing of the Senate Judiciary Committee entitled “Going Dark: Encryption, Technology, and the Balance Between Public Safety and Privacy” Comey said that in order to stay one step ahead of terrorists, as well as international and domestic criminals, Uncle Sam’s various spy and law enforcement agencies should have access to available technology used to de-encrypt protected data. Also, he believes the government should be the final arbiter deciding when decryption is necessary.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/fbi-says-that-citizens-should-have-no-secrets-that-the-government-cant-access-the-orwellian-cyber-police-state-has-arrived_082015

1 person likes this

Well if it's gonna serve the gov more than me, Verizon can start billing them instead of me. In fact maybe it should be a question of "how much are they going to pay me to use it? 

That where my attitude is getting to! 

WhiteHorse says the government should have no secrets that the people can't access. 

3 people like this

Well if it's gonna serve the gov more than me, Verizon can start billing them instead of me. In fact maybe it should be a question of "how much are they going to pay me to use it? 

That where my attitude is getting to! 

I think you might be onto something. If they want our data they should pay for it. Free internet and free phones for everyone.  WOOT!

I figured the Obamma phone deal had something to do with them wanting to gather data on those who can't afford to pay for phones.

If Verizon is your service provider, they have a backdoor into your computer via port 4567. Good luck closing it. As soon as you close it..bamn..it's open again.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2199813/blocking-backdoor-fios-router.html

I think you might be onto something. If they want our data they should pay for it. Free internet and free phones for everyone.  WOOT!

I figured the Obamma phone deal had something to do with them wanting to gather data on those who can't afford to pay for phones.

If Verizon is your service provider, they have a backdoor into your computer via port 4567. Good luck closing it. As soon as you close it..bamn..it's open again.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2199813/blocking-backdoor-fios-router.html

Verizon has shown itself to be rotten time and time again.  They even lock you out of the onboard gps of your phone, and require you to have a data plan or something like this to be able to access it. 

Here we go again violating the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence as usual. 

WhiteHorse says the government should have no secrets that the people can't access. 

Good one

The police and surveillance state predicted in the forward-looking 1940s classic “1984” by George Orwell, has slowly, but steadily, come to fruition. However, like a frog sitting idly in a pan of steadily-warming water, too many Americans still seem unaware that the slow boil of big government is killing their constitutional liberties.

The latest sign of this stealth takeover of civil rights and freedom was epitomized in recent Senate testimony by FBI Director James Comey, who voiced his objections to civilian use of encryption to protect personal data – information the government has no automatic right to obtain.

As reported by The New American, Comey testified that he believes the government’s spy and law enforcement agencies should have unfettered access to everything Americans may store or send in electronic format: On computer hard drives, in so-called i-clouds, in email and in text messaging – for our own safety and protection. Like many in government today, Comey believes that national security is more important than constitutional privacy protections or, apparently, due process. After all, aren’t criminals the only ones who really have anything to hide?

In testimony before a hearing of the Senate Judiciary Committee entitled “Going Dark: Encryption, Technology, and the Balance Between Public Safety and Privacy” Comey said that in order to stay one step ahead of terrorists, as well as international and domestic criminals, Uncle Sam’s various spy and law enforcement agencies should have access to available technology used to de-encrypt protected data. Also, he believes the government should be the final arbiter deciding when decryption is necessary.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/fbi-says-that-citizens-should-have-no-secrets-that-the-government-cant-access-the-orwellian-cyber-police-state-has-arrived_082015

Back in the day that is what all the CT buffs and hacks swore, NO Secrets. They thought no democratic government had a right to keep secrets from it's funders and owner the taxpayers. Through secrecy bad things can be done to people by their governments.

Ironically, Mr. Comey finds the holocaust to be horrific yet thinks it's a good idea to employ Hitler's tactics of spying on citizens.

Correction Mr. FBI Asshole,  "Citizens should have no secrets that a truly trustworthy Government can not obtain." 

Since no government in the history of the world has been trustworthy, I guess citizens should have that Constitutionally protected Right to privacy

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.