Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

7 Things to Watch For in Tonight’s GOP Presidential Debate

9 posts in this topic

Tonight, Fox News will host the very first GOP presidential debate, featuring 10 candidates of the 17 candidates running for the Republican presidential nomination. (The remaining candidates will compete in an undercard debate at 5 p.m.)

The 10 prime time candidates were selected according to their standing in recent polls—all of which put Trump in the lead, in most cases by double digits.

With Trump-mania in full force, interest in the show is sky-high, and many expect it to be the highest rated primary debate in history.

The format is designed to keep things moving. There are  opening statements, and answers limited to one-minute; any candidate mentioned by another one will have 30 seconds to respond. How it will all play out is anyone’s guess, but with a field as big as this one, and a race as complex and unpredictable, it’s certain to be one of the more unusual political debates in memory.

http://reason.com/blog/2015/08/06/7-things-to-watch-for-in-tonights-gop-pr?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reason%2FHitandRun+(Reason+Online+-+Hit+%26+Run+Blog)

how was the debate? we didnt watch it...went out to for dinner.

I can summon it up with two words .

" ambush journalism "

if you watched it you would know which candidates Fox likes, and which ones they don't .

My favorite response of the entire debate was from Rand Paul .

" I don't want my guns or marriage registered in Washington "   His position has always been leave it up to the states .

Edited by Falling down

interesting FD. and how was the donald tonight?

it wasn't much of a debate. It was FOXNews grilling the candidates that they didn't like.  I taped it I'm going to watch it again and count but I would say there was only five times when candidates exchange positions between each other. 

it was mainly Megan attacking Trump  and Bret attacking Cruz, Rubio and Paul .

Edited by Falling down

i must  say these debates are a bit boring. we had political debates in high school. i was forced in taking part. if you love it, good for you

i must  say these debates are a bit boring. we had political debates in high school. i was forced in taking part. if you love it, good for you

It wasn't all boring this got heated .  I stand with Rand.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.