Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
grav

NASA unveils far side of moon picture, IF YOU BELIEVE THIS

36 posts in this topic

Mods, I posted this on my other NASA thread, then thought other posters might enjoy looking at this incredibly odd picture. I know you don't want repeats, but can you leave this up for a while? Thanks.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nasa-unveils-epic-photobomb-by-the-far-side-of-the-moon-2015-08-05

http://ei.marketwatch.com//Multimedia/2015/08/05/Photos/NS/MW-DR522_dscovr_20150805123103_NS.gif?uuid=5d2dd9c6-3b8f-11e5-9258-0015c588e0f6

“I’m having trouble getting over how awesome this is,” tweeted Peter Gleick, a scientist at the Pacific Institute. Al Gore called it “incredible.” Another said it was “existentially humbling.”

They’re all singing the praises of NASA’s latest visual offering: A view, from 1 million miles away, of the moon as it passes between the DSCOVR spacecraft’s “EPIC” camera and the Earth.

These images, which were taken between 3:50 p.m. and 8:45 p.m. EDT on July 16, show the moon passing over the Pacific Ocean near North America. NASA said the camera will be able to capture the moon and Earth together twice a year once it begins regular observations next month.

The view, while unique, isn’t the first glimpse we’ve had of the far side of the moon shielded from us on Earth. That distinction, NASA says, belongs to the images returned by the Soviet Luna 3 in 1959.

Edited by grav
1 person likes this

Actually the Soviet  Luna3 Mission was the first to photograph the backside of the moon as stated in your link. The  Soviet union by the way in 1959 had absolutely no reason to lie to spend money they did whatever the hell they wanted to with their money and the people could not protest a wit .

Nope the Soviet Union had no reason whatsoever to participate or even start a hoax.  In order to create a fictitious branch of the government to hide spending as has been claimed.

http://mentallandscape.com/V_Cameras.htm

If russia and the u.s where working together?

if a bullfrog had wings it wouldn't bump its ass when it jumped . Lol

Edited by Falling down

If russia and the u.s where working together?

You left out China. The Chinese people dutifully support their own "space agency." Their continuity department did miss this bobble in a video, when a bubble escaped during a "space walk." Professional debunkers say it was just debris. but it's obviously a bubble in a pool.

hqdefault.jpg

American astro-nots get nice accommodations in Russia's Star City, where they "train" with cosmo-nots. Not much space hardware here, just dorms, offices, buildings with sound stages, large pools to "practice" "space walks." etc.

Render

I don't know what lies beyond earth's stratosphere, a mere 20 miles up. Or below the surface deeper than 7.5 miles. NASA knows. They have hidden so much for so long. This cartoonish moon transit was not disseminated in error. It is a blatant fake,a mea culpa for all the world to see. Their cgi artists could have created a much more believable scenario. They are showing us something intentionally. Why now?

Whassup, nasa/jpl??????

1 person likes this

What is so shocking to me is that 99% of Americans don't laugh at the picture but laugh at the people who think these images are a hoax.

These images are absolutely fake!  Can't Americans open their eyes?

Just another thought - was there a solar eclipse at the time? 

Edited by Rothbard
1 person likes this

Wait, some of you actually still think the lunar landing and space exploration is a hoax. Seriously in the 21st century their are still people saying we haven't left the planet.

ok then, ttyl, going to enjoy the amazing pics of pluto.

Not meaning to come off as an ass. I just find it hard to follow this type of conspiracy. I have looked into it heavily but once I realized the soviets would never have gone along with it I realized it was real.

Edited by thedudeabides

I am getting slammed on another site for bringing this up.its kinda funny.at first i was like dam,but people really "eat up" what they are told! 

1 person likes this

Wait, some of you actually still think the lunar landing and space exploration is a hoax. Seriously in the 21st century their are still people saying we haven't left the planet.

ok then, ttyl, going to enjoy the amazing pics of pluto.

Not meaning to come off as an ass. I just find it hard to follow this type of conspiracy. I have looked into it heavily but once I realized the soviets would never have gone along with it I realized it was real

Please show me proof

What is so shocking to me is that 99% of Americans don't laugh at the picture but laugh at the people who think these images are a hoax.

These images are absolutely fake!  Can't Americans open their eyes?

Just another thought - was there a solar eclipse at the time?

I couldnt believe how many people just called me stupid and a moron but nobody had really watched the video.it only had 5 views but i had 35 people name calling 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.