Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

‘This is nuts': Rachel Maddow accuses Fox of breaking its own entry rules for GOP debate

5 posts in this topic

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow accused Fox News on Tuesday of violating their own rules regarding the polls used to determine which 10 Republican presidential candidates would be allowed into its debate event on Thursday.

“This is nuts,” she said. “I can’t believe they did this. I mean, I get that Fox News only wants to have 10 candidates on the stage. They know, and everybody knows, that arbitrarily setting this 10-candidate cutoff when you’ve got 17 people running is gonna have politically-fatal consequences for if not all, at least most of the candidates who make that top 10.”

Maddow explained that Fox originally said it would use the five most recent polls to determine which candidates would make it into Thursday’s debate. However, the network ended up ignoring an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll conducted between July 26 and 30 showing Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Ohio Gov. John Kasich within one percentage point of each other and instead used a Quinnipiac University poll gathered between July 23 and 28 showing Kasich ahead by three percentage points.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/this-is-nuts-rachel-maddow-accuses-fox-of-breaking-its-own-entry-rules-for-gop-debate/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+(The+Raw+Story)

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow accused Fox News on Tuesday of violating their own rules regarding the polls used to determine which 10 Republican presidential candidates would be allowed into its debate event on Thursday.

“This is nuts,” she said. “I can’t believe they did this. I mean, I get that Fox News only wants to have 10 candidates on the stage. They know, and everybody knows, that arbitrarily setting this 10-candidate cutoff when you’ve got 17 people running is gonna have politically-fatal consequences for if not all, at least most of the candidates who make that top 10.”

Maddow explained that Fox originally said it would use the five most recent polls to determine which candidates would make it into Thursday’s debate. However, the network ended up ignoring an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll conducted between July 26 and 30 showing Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Ohio Gov. John Kasich within one percentage point of each other and instead used a Quinnipiac University poll gathered between July 23 and 28 showing Kasich ahead by three percentage points.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/this-is-nuts-rachel-maddow-accuses-fox-of-breaking-its-own-entry-rules-for-gop-debate/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+(The+Raw+Story)

they're doing the same thing to Rand Paul  that they did to his father.   The top five spots were supposed to have center position on stage. 

Last week Rand Paul was included in the top five spots.  They put the Fix in to put him out of the  limelight .

they're doing the same thing to Rand Paul  that they did to his father.   The top five spots were supposed to have center position on stage. 

Last week Rand Paul was included in the top five spots.  They put the Fix in to put him out of the  limelight .

Truly sad, but not unexpected. No way they'd let someone that would be good for the country in, was there?

Good perry should never be president.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.