Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
DarkKnightNomeD

Ukraine

46 posts in this topic

Post anything you find here.

Damn, hope its not true

ftown fb page - Russian DPR/LPR units now openly talking about their readiness to begin offensive for the "complete liberation of Donetsk & Luhansk regions"

I have not been updating this thread

Here you go.

Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine

http://www.euronews.com/2015/08/12/caught-red-handed-the-russian-major-fighting-in-ukraine/

Read the rest of the article in the link above. - Also check out the video

"We (had to) do our military service in Ukraine...It was forbidden to inform our families about this"

Vladimir Starkov was arrested on July 25 with a truck full of ammunition at Berezove checkpoint. He was going from Donetsk to the village of Yasne, in rebel-held territory, but lost his way and was intercepted by a Ukrainian border patrol.

Euronews met him in the detention center in Kyiv where he was sent after his arrest.

“At the time of I was detained, I was a regular serviceman in the armed forces of the Russian Federation with the rank of Major. I was chief of missile and artillery weapons service in the military unit in the Russian city of Novocherkassk”, says Starkov.

Questioned by the Ukranian security service, he said that around 2,000 Russian servicemen are currently deployed in Eastern Ukraine.

Many of them did not volunteer, just like Starkov. When he was ordered to move to the Rostov region bordering Ukraine, little did he know that he would serve in Eastern Ukraine.

“Senior officers gathered us in a conference room and announced that our positions would be the same as promised, but we should do our military service in Ukraine: in the Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics. It was forbidden to inform our relatives about this,” he says.

Starkov was in charge of weapons accountability. When he was captured, he was traveling with fake ID and ammunition that he was supposed to deliver to separatists.

From Infowars.com

http://www.infowars.com/russia-moves-huge-number-of-troops-to-western-border/

The official Russian government news agency reports the nation’s military is moving a large number of soldiers and equipment to the Western Military District.

“The General Staff and the Western Military District’s command have been working tightly on determining and specifying the personnel and hardware of the 20th combined army,” a military source told TASS.

“In particular, questions are being decided of complementing the army with units from other military districts and forming more mechanized infantry, armor, artillery, missile, reconnaissance and other brigades.”

The army will be “reformatted” by December 1st in the district that encompasses 2 million square kilometers of airspace and 3,000 kilometers along the border with Europe.

The Russian Air Force and Air Defense Army is armed with Sukhoi Su-34, Su-35S and Su-30MS jets, Kamov Ka-52, Mil Mi-28N, Mi-35, and Mi-MTV5 helicopters, and S-300, S-400 and Pantsir-S air defense systems, according to TASS.

Russia also plans to create a new tank army along the border. It will incorporate the Tamanskaya Mechanized Infantry Division and the Kantemirovskaya Tank Division, as well as the 27th Sevastopolskaya Mechanized Infantry Brigade and the 6th Tank Brigade.

Another tank army will be in place near Moscow by December 1st.

In addition, Russia will create a rapid reaction force of paratroopers that will coordinate with ground troops. According to the General Staff, the airborne troops will increase in size from 45,000 to 60,000.

In June NATO announced it would include around 40,000 troops in its rapid response Spearhead Force stationed in Eastern Europe on the border with Russia.

“The proposal would mark a significant increase in the number of NATO troops in the region, as there were just 4,000 troops there in 2014,” the International Business Times reported.

If they attack, we should not even get involved.. It is their problem not ours.

1 person likes this

From Infowars.com

http://www.infowars.com/russia-moves-huge-number-of-troops-to-western-border/

The official Russian government news agency reports the nation’s military is moving a large number of soldiers and equipment to the Western Military District.

“The General Staff and the Western Military District’s command have been working tightly on determining and specifying the personnel and hardware of the 20th combined army,” a military source told TASS.

“In particular, questions are being decided of complementing the army with units from other military districts and forming more mechanized infantry, armor, artillery, missile, reconnaissance and other brigades.”

The army will be “reformatted” by December 1st in the district that encompasses 2 million square kilometers of airspace and 3,000 kilometers along the border with Europe.

The Russian Air Force and Air Defense Army is armed with Sukhoi Su-34, Su-35S and Su-30MS jets, Kamov Ka-52, Mil Mi-28N, Mi-35, and Mi-MTV5 helicopters, and S-300, S-400 and Pantsir-S air defense systems, according to TASS.

Russia also plans to create a new tank army along the border. It will incorporate the Tamanskaya Mechanized Infantry Division and the Kantemirovskaya Tank Division, as well as the 27th Sevastopolskaya Mechanized Infantry Brigade and the 6th Tank Brigade.

Another tank army will be in place near Moscow by December 1st.

In addition, Russia will create a rapid reaction force of paratroopers that will coordinate with ground troops. According to the General Staff, the airborne troops will increase in size from 45,000 to 60,000.

In June NATO announced it would include around 40,000 troops in its rapid response Spearhead Force stationed in Eastern Europe on the border with Russia.

“The proposal would mark a significant increase in the number of NATO troops in the region, as there were just 4,000 troops there in 2014,” the International Business Times reported.

here's what bothered me in your link .....

"20th combined army "

I could see division (15k troops) here, a corps (30k) there, but when you start forming armies (100k). You intend to use them in some way.

Edited by Falling down
1 person likes this

Found this .......

"

Russian Defense Ministry planned to create a new tank army in the Western Military District by December 2015 and another, combined army, will in fact be formed anew. "According to a directive of the chief of the General Staff, the 1st Guards Tank Army and 20th Guards Combined Army are to be formed within the western military district by December 1, 2015," a senior source at Russia’s General Staff said. 

The 1st Tank Army will incorporate the Tamanskaya Mechanized Infantry Division and the Kantemirovskaya Tank Division, as well as the 27th Sevastopolskaya Mechanized Infantry Brigade and the 6th Tank Brigade. Major-General Alexander Chaiko had been appointed commander of the 1st Tank Army. Before, he was in charge of the 20th Army. The latter’s new commander is Major-General Sergey Kuzovlyov (previously chief of staff of the 58th Combined Army). 

The existing 20th army will in fact be formed anew. A large share of its units - notably the Tamanskaya Mechanized Infantry Division and the Kantemirovskaya Tank Division - would be transferred to the yet-to-be formed tank army. New ones will be formed in their place. 

There will be no great difference in the make-up of the 1st and 20th armies. Each will have one reconnaissance and one air missile brigade, as well as a logistics brigade, missile and artillery units a helicopter regiment and other units, including reconnaissance and attack drone units. The tank army will have more tanks and the combined army, mechanized infantry combat vehicles. 

The 1st Guards Tank Army, which Russia is establishing, and the newly-formed 20th Combined Arms Army will be the first to receive the newest Armata tanks and Kurganets infantry fighting vehicles. During 2016-2017, work will begin to rearm the 1st Guards Tank Army and the 20th Guards Combined Arms Army with the newest armor. In particular, the operational tanks will be replaced with Armata tanks. These armies will also be the first to receive the Kurganets IFVs."

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/army-orbat.htm

It surprises me many Europeans aren't  asking why he needs a newly formed and equipped tank army on his western border .

here's what bothered me in your link .....

"20th combined army "

I could see division (15k troops) here, a corps (30k) there, but when you start forming armies (100k). You intend to use them in some way.

Yeah... Pretty scary. I think Putin is about done with the nonsense. This "color revolution" planned against him by our "rulers" was the straw that broke the back. I think his plan is to fully take Ukraine, and dare the west to do something about it while his troop movement is basically re-establishing the iron curtain. Of course this is just my opinion based on the movements that I see. I'm sure this is all working in concert with China's currency war. The two of them are using China's economic muscle, and Russia's military might to counter the US. Our government just does not know when to quit...

1 person likes this

Yeah... Pretty scary. I think Putin is about done with the nonsense. This "color revolution" planned against him by our "rulers" was the straw that broke the back. I think his plan is to fully take Ukraine, and dare the west to do something about it while his troop movement is basically re-establishing the iron curtain. Of course this is just my opinion based on the movements that I see. I'm sure this is all working in concert with China's currency war. The two of them are using China's economic muscle, and Russia's military might to counter the US. Our government just does not know when to quit...

I think he might move . But  The reason will be desperation  .

Russia’s economy shrank the most since 2009 after a currency crisis jolted consumer demand, while a selloff in oil threatens to drag the country into a deeper recession.

Gross domestic product contracted 4.6 percent in the second quarter from a year earlier after a 2.2 percent decline in the previous three months, the Federal Statistics Service in Moscow said on Monday, citing preliminary data. That was worse than the median forecast for a 4.5 percent slump in a Bloomberg survey of 18 analysts. The Economy Ministry had projected that output shrank 4.4 percent in the period, calling it “the lowest point” for Russia."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-08-10/russian-economy-shrinks-4-6-as-oil-slump-risks-deeper-recession

"

I think he might move . But  The reason will be desperation  .

Russia’s economy shrank the most since 2009 after a currency crisis jolted consumer demand, while a selloff in oil threatens to drag the country into a deeper recession.

Gross domestic product contracted 4.6 percent in the second quarter from a year earlier after a 2.2 percent decline in the previous three months, the Federal Statistics Service in Moscow said on Monday, citing preliminary data. That was worse than the median forecast for a 4.5 percent slump in a Bloomberg survey of 18 analysts. The Economy Ministry had projected that output shrank 4.4 percent in the period, calling it “the lowest point” for Russia."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-08-10/russian-economy-shrinks-4-6-as-oil-slump-risks-deeper-recession

"

I certainly believe you are correct, and they know that. TPTB are forcing him to move so that they can use it as an excuse for everything THEY screwed up! Russia is not Ukraine or Syria though, they are really putting it on the line this time. Who knows WHAT he will do if backed into a real corner. Neither of the a fore mentioned countries have the ability to challenge the US. Russia, and Putin does, he knows the game, has stated it before, and will put his KGB experience to work against our community organizer. 

I certainly believe you are correct, and they know that. TPTB are forcing him to move so that they can use it as an excuse for everything THEY screwed up! Russia is not Ukraine or Syria though, they are really putting it on the line this time. Who knows WHAT he will do if backed into a real corner. Neither of the a fore mentioned countries have the ability to challenge the US. Russia, and Putin does, he knows the game, has stated it before, and will put his KGB experience to work against our community organizer. 

No Putin  screwed up when he went to war for oil/gas .

"When Russia seized Crimea in March, it acquired not just the Crimean landmass but also a maritime zone more than three times its size with the rights to underwater resources potentially worth trillions of dollars.

Russia portrayed the takeover as reclamation of its rightful territory, drawing no attention to the oil and gas rush that had recently been heating up in the Black Sea. But the move also extended Russia’s maritime boundaries, quietly giving Russia dominion over vast oil and gas reserves while dealing a crippling blow to Ukraine’s hopes for energy independence."

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/05/18/world/europe/in-taking-crimea-putin-gains-a-sea-of-fuel-reserves.html?referrer=&_r=0

He's just got everyone looking the other way.

My God, Putin took the oil then gave them a bill for gas .

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.