Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

$6 eggs could be coming

21 posts in this topic

Egg sticker shock at the grocery store could soon get even worse, one analyst warns.

Squeezed by limited supply because of the worst avian flu outbreak in three decades, egg prices have already risen sharply this year. But BB&T Capital Markets analyst Brett Hundley said retail prices could surge even higher.

An uptick to more than $6 for a dozen "would not surprise" him if bird flu returns later this year, something he predicts will occur as early as fall. 

As of Friday, prices to consumers for New York large shell eggs stood at a range of $1.99 to $4.49 per dozen, USDA data showed.

"It's almost scary to think about what could happen to egg prices," Hundley said.

Meanwhile, Midwest wholesale prices have risen 135 percent to $2.80 per dozen on Monday, up from $1.19 per dozen on April 22, according to prices from market research firm Urner Barry. Retail prices typically run even higher.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/04/6-for-a-dozen-eggs-could-be-coming-analyst.html

its an eggtastrophe

jaw-drop-smiley-emoticon.gif

Anytime you put a bunch of animals in a small space, you're going to have disease. Factory farming is one of the most disgusting practices invented by man and the diseases are the backlash. Life needs to be simpler for all of us, including the animals we depend on for food.

2 people like this

Egg sticker shock at the grocery store could soon get even worse, one analyst warns.

Squeezed by limited supply because of the worst avian flu outbreak in three decades, egg prices have already risen sharply this year. But BB&T Capital Markets analyst Brett Hundley said retail prices could surge even higher.

An uptick to more than $6 for a dozen "would not surprise" him if bird flu returns later this year, something he predicts will occur as early as fall. 

As of Friday, prices to consumers for New York large shell eggs stood at a range of $1.99 to $4.49 per dozen, USDA data showed.

"It's almost scary to think about what could happen to egg prices," Hundley said.

Meanwhile, Midwest wholesale prices have risen 135 percent to $2.80 per dozen on Monday, up from $1.19 per dozen on April 22, according to prices from market research firm Urner Barry. Retail prices typically run even higher.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/04/6-for-a-dozen-eggs-could-be-coming-analyst.html

its an eggtastrophe

jaw-drop-smiley-emoticon.gif

I thought you were eggxerating  but now I can see this is a full-blown conspiracy .  Again I have absolute proof  that the powers to be are at work .

one-pound package of bacon is 25% cheaper now than a year ago, according to U.S. Agriculture Department data. That's over a dollar and a quarter in savings and puts bacon back"

eggs are going up bacon is going down sounds fishy to me ?????

oh crap I said fish that means those prices should spike!  That's probably the next meat items they will use to set the hook into us !

http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/20/news/economy/bacon-25-percent-cheaper-in-america/

Edited by Falling down

They already have, have you seen the price of fish? Ridiculous here where I am. I don't like it anyway, so that's a plus for me. lol

we normally buy  safeway's egg product in the carton...wondering if that is also affected

Anytime you put a bunch of animals in a small space, you're going to have disease. Factory farming is one of the most disgusting practices invented by man and the diseases are the backlash. Life needs to be simpler for all of us, including the animals we depend on for food.

Because this crises was created by irresponsible farming practices the U.S. should find some charges to pull factory farmers into court for causing harm to the interests of the U.S.

If they can't be responsible themselves, then we must make them be responsible, or at least use them as an example for others.

1 person likes this

Because this crises was created by irresponsible farming practices the U.S. should find some charges to pull factory farmers into court for causing harm to the interests of the U.S.

If they can't be responsible themselves, then we must make them be responsible, or at least use them as an example for others.

Big corporations pay many of the smaller farmers to do their dirty deeds through contracting their labor and their land. Even they are objecting to the what they're practicing, but stand to lose everything they have by going public, though some have. The laws are written by Big Food then enacted by their water carriers in CONgress. Their excuse is that's how it is in order have enough to feed the public.

Good luck on getting them to do anything that's for the benefit of the people, they don't even want to label GMO food. Outrage doesn't seem to affect them in the least. Protesting doesn't work. The beat goes on.

They already have, have you seen the price of fish? Ridiculous here where I am. I don't like it anyway, so that's a plus for me. lol

I was also shocked. For what I used to pay $2.60 for is now around $5.98, almost double, and this is before tax.

I was also shocked. For what I used to pay $2.60 for is now around $5.98, almost double, and this is before tax.

We don't have to pay tax on food where I am. But it wouldn't surprise me if they started doing that, too. An untapped source of revenue for them to steal and waste more.Exceptions are some prepacked food items. Prices have doubled on lots of things in the past few years. Fruits and veggies are crazy priced, too. The cheap unhealthy things are what many people have to eat, then they get sick and it costs even more. Everything is backwards to what it should be.

1 person likes this

Eggs went up because they had to kill millions of chickens and turkeys this year because of the bird flue. I just paid $50 for a can of powdered eggs that cost me just under $30 last year.

We don't have to pay tax on food where I am. But it wouldn't surprise me if they started doing that, too. An untapped source of revenue for them to steal and waste more.Exceptions are some prepacked food items. Prices have doubled on lots of things in the past few years. Fruits and veggies are crazy priced, too. The cheap unhealthy things are what many people have to eat, then they get sick and it costs even more. Everything is backwards to what it should be.

yes, healthy trader Joe's is expensive.... like when I diet fat free cream cheese is more expensive than regular... and people with heart problems low sodium is more price c

yes, healthy trader Joe's is expensive.... like when I diet fat free cream cheese is more expensive than regular... and people with heart problems low sodium is more price c

Probably better off to eat the real thing. Low fat usually means more sugar and salt.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.