Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

Are your organic foods being doused in fracking chemicals? Probably so, if they come from California

11 posts in this topic

(NaturalNews) A series of shocking new reports reveal that 45,000 acres of California crops are being irrigated with recycled fracking water, with some samples showing levels of petrochemicals higher than those found at oil spill sites.

Even more shocking, the practice of using recycled oil water on crops (which has become a lucrative side business for oil companies), has been taking place for 20 years but was seemingly undisclosed until recently.

Headquartered in San Ramon, California, Chevron is responsible for recycling the toxic fracking wastewater, which contains more than 200 chemicals including diesel, biocides and benzene, before selling it to farmers at a fraction of the cost of fresh water.

Fresh water reportedly costs $1,500 per square foot, while recycled oil water costs a mere $33 per square foot, according to Phys.org.

The ability for oil companies to earn a profit off their wastewater, is extremely similar to the way the phosphate fertilizer industry sells their byproduct, hydrofluorosilicic acid, to be added to public drinking water.

http://www.naturalnews.com/050624_fracking_chemicals_food_crops_waste_water.html

I've seen the fire out of the hose with my own eyes. They have been using a practice called mud farming. They dig off the top soil spread mud used in drilling wells then cover over will top soil. Outsourced testing has shown that amounts of chemicals and heavy metals remain in the mud.

contrary to belief fracking is far cleaner than normal active wells. This is a farse.

Not saying that you are not honest on anything, its just that I have only seen you say one honest thing here in all the post you have ever made. This is not one of those post. Do you fail at research 101 or is there something else at hand here? Are you one of those GCHQ paid people or another organization?

So fake. anyone can fake this.

Possibly but high concentrations of methane in the water will render it flammable.

Scientific Study Links Flammable Drinking Water to Fracking

The research was conducted by four scientists at Duke University. They found that levels of flammable methane gas in drinking water wells increased to dangerous levels when those water supplies were close to natural gas wells. They also found that the type of gas detected at high levels in the water was the same type of gas that energy companies were extracting from thousands of feet underground, strongly implying that the gas may be seeping underground through natural or manmade faults and fractures, or coming from cracks in the well structure itself.

“Our results show evidence for methane contamination of shallow drinking water systems in at least three areas of the region and suggest important environmental risks accompanying shale gas exploration worldwide,” the article states.

http://www.propublica.org/article/scientific-study-links-flammable-drinking-water-to-fracking

contrary to belief fracking is far cleaner than normal active wells. This is a farse.

Can you answer my question please and if you have evidence of your presented argument, please post it. I was really looking forward to your reply, but instead it appears you just gave - vote, which appears that you are skirting the question, and using the playbook of GCHQ and nsa.

Can you answer my question please and if you have evidence of your presented argument, please post it. I was really looking forward to your reply, but instead it appears you just gave - vote, which appears that you are skirting the question, and using the playbook of GCHQ and nsa.

Rather than getting your sources from made up conspiracy sites how about you look at some peer reviewed evidence. The risk of contamination is very low. It is all an EPA myth they simply want more control. I do not need to provide a source. Anyone can look it up and find a credible source destroying any statements contrary to the fact that fracking is safe.

The study that I quoted above is peer reviewed. They do not agree that fracking is safe.

The report noted that as much as a mile of rock separated the bottom of the shallow drinking water wells from the deep zones fractured for gas and identified several ways in which fluids or the gas contaminants could move underground: The substances could be displaced by the pressures underground; could travel through new fractures or connections to faults created by the hydraulic fracturing process; or could leak from the well casing itself somewhere closer to the surface.

http://www.propublica.org/article/scientific-study-links-flammable-drinking-water-to-fracking

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.