Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RememberThis

USA Today: Millions of fish dead in Pacific Northwest — Ocean conditions have ‘gone to hell’

22 posts in this topic

This is just Deaths warmup, soon He will ride in the open, and surpass his three brethren when he begins to hunt men!

Probably caused by those underwater volcanoes straddling the Juan de Fuca Ridge.

I saw the title on this thread and I had no doubt ENE was behind it .

The best explanation I have found for that site comes from a rational wiki .  I find it amazing that the site was founded one month after Fukushima .  And completely discounts the hundreds of thousands of tons of nuclear waste including unshielded reactors that have been dumped in the Pacific since the 1940s .

ENENews, or Energy News, is a fear mongering anti-nuclearnews aggregator that was created in response to the Fukushima I nuclear accident. The site tends to have three different types of posts: posts that imply the Fukushima accident has poisoned the entire Pacific Ocean and adjacent coastlines[1][2][3] (as if a single nuclear accident could do such a thing) and that "They" are covering up the true scale of the disaster.[4][5] The site also features posts that report on any and every case of animal death and disease that occurs in the Pacific Ocean and adjacent coastlines[6][7], and posts that claim that the Fukushima reactors are seconds away from exploding again and releasing more pollution.[8][9] 

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/ENENews 

Not so fast, FD. I read this story on an MSM site this morning that blames the heat of the water for the dead fish and says nothing of Fuku. I might consider USA Today a fear mongering site but your mileage may vary. The ENE article does not mention Fuku either as the cause.

Sockeye salmon losses in the Columbia River due to the heat are in the hundreds of thousands, said Jeff Fryer, senior fishery scientist with the river's Inter-Tribal Fish Commission. The fish were returning from the ocean to spawn when the "unprecedented" warm water killed them, he said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2015/07/31/fish-kills-hot-water-pacific-northwest/30949551/

Not so fast, FD. I read this story on an MSM site this morning that blames the heat of the water for the dead fish and says nothing of Fuku. I might consider USA Today a fear mongering site but your mileage may vary. The ENE article does not mention Fuku either as the cause.

Sockeye salmon losses in the Columbia River due to the heat are in the hundreds of thousands, said Jeff Fryer, senior fishery scientist with the river's Inter-Tribal Fish Commission. The fish were returning from the ocean to spawn when the "unprecedented" warm water killed them, he said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2015/07/31/fish-kills-hot-water-pacific-northwest/30949551/

show me anywhere in the article linked. That ENE attributed it to heat .  That site  misrepresents every article as a Fukushima doom .

if you follow the links from ENE  you might obtain the actual cause.  But they  already have their normal readers condition on what they want them to think so most won't bother to follow the links .

go to their full link read for yourself .  Every article nuclear contamination related .

http://enenews.com/ap-unprecedented-deaths-along-pacific-coast-scientists-reporting-mass-die-offs-mammals-birds-fish-govt-declared-unusual-mortality-event-being-tested-radionuclides-fukushima-one-sure-whats

Edited by Falling down

I used to read ENE articles when they were covering the sinkhole in Louisiana which was not attributed to Fuku. It's no better or worse than MSM drivel......

NASA says.........

Scientists say......

A new study claims........

Coffee is good for you......

Coffee is bad for you......

It's all the same. Call it fear mongering if you will. Are you still invested? It's just a scripted play on the stage where actors duke it out for attention and after awhile you realize how ridiculous it all is. It's tricky but you can live IN the world and not BE of it. If you arrived here from another planet you'd just shake your head and laugh out loud. That's where I'm at in this journey but maybe I've got alien DNA... I'm really white and quite tall. :biggrin:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d9/42/5e/d9425e0763dac70a809d6ed51055fb3b.jpg

On 8/2/2015, 11:19:02, YourMom2 said:

I used to read ENE articles when they were covering the sinkhole in Louisiana which was not attributed to Fuku. It's no better or worse than MSM drivel......

NASA says.........

Scientists say......

A new study claims........

Coffee is good for you......

Coffee is bad for you......

It's all the same. Call it fear mongering if you will. Are you still invested? It's just a scripted play on the stage where actors duke it out for attention and after awhile you realize how ridiculous it all is. It's tricky but you can live IN the world and not BE of it. If you arrived here from another planet you'd just shake your head and laugh out loud. That's where I'm at in this journey but maybe I've got alien DNA... I'm really white and quite tall. :biggrin:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d9/42/5e/d9425e0763dac70a809d6ed51055fb3b.jpg

"Who is behind enenews.com, the site known as Energy News, which, for the time being, has been focusing solely on the fallout of the Japanese nuclear disaster?

The short answer is, we don’t know.

A domain registration lookup shows its private registration with the mysteriously named DomainSecrecy.net.

A ping of the domain shows the address of 98.158.182.89, which traces back to the internet domain host provider UK2 Group, which is located in Providence, Utah.

It is a mysterious site, indeed, with no About page, no mention of its authors, contact info, or its sources of funding, despite 144 posts since its inception on March 18, 2011.

With less than one full month online, the site already has a one-month Alexa rating of 129,331th place among over 20 million ranked sites on the Web.

What we do see, however, are scary headlines citing mass media sources, with added editorial.

For instance, the March 29 headline, Radioactive Iodine-131 in Pennsylvania rainwater sample is 3300% above federal drinking water standard.

3300% higher is 33 times higher, but 3300% sounds a lot scarier. The headline also draws a word association between rainwater and drinking water, despite going on to mention the mass media source that says a 3300% higher amount of radioactive iodine in rainwater samples is still 25 times less than would be of concern. Also, nowhere does the article mention that the half-life of radioactive iodine is eight days.

The article, however, adds emphasis in bold to the amount of radiation found in the rainwater samples and to the maximum EPA levels for drinking water, further making an association.

In the meantime, while many Americans are being focused on a very serious crisis for the Japanese, their focus is consequently shifted away from the more directly relevant unlawful presidential war decree on Libya, and the zero prosecutions for fraud against those who knowingly marketed subprime securities as AAA, unlike the more than a thousand convictions of the criminals involved in the far smaller savings and loan crisis of the 1980s.

Update 06/25/11: A reader pointed out eight days after my article, on April 11, that the author of enenews.com is also the one behind floridaoilspilllaw.com, and that can be found in the earlier comments.

On April 18, the author finally got around to creating an About page, wherein he claimed he is not a lawyer trying to sue. On June 24, after enenews.com had gone down for hours as it has several times in the past few months, someone pointed out that the author has since revealed he is a lawyer.

To those who say this information is now evident, it wasn’t when I published this article on April 3, and the scary headlines with an anti-nuclear editorial bent, the lack of other energy news coverage, and no positive solutions haven’t stopped either. "

So it's just a coincidence it was founded one week after the Fukushima accident and the vast majority of its articles focus solely on it ?

http://fauxcapitalist.com/2011/04/03/who-is-behind-enenews-com/comment-page-1/

Ok, you could probably tear down hundreds of websites by following the money. Obviously, nothing runs without it and the bigger the stakes, the bigger the lies.

Shall we refrain from quoting ENE? To be fair, let's stop quoting CNN, Fox, Yahoo, MSN or any subsidiaries.

http://www.theglobalmovement.info/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/media-ownership.jpg

Try boycotting all these brands because they are a monopoly with profit as their only motive. By comparison doesn't ENE look like a small fish?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3n_GbJVCIuI/UnUmZ-3ntzI/AAAAAAAAX04/WShRP19HwEc/s1600/10+Mega-Corporations.png

On 8/2/2015, 12:26:36, YourMom2 said:

Ok, you could probably tear down hundreds of websites by following the money. Obviously, nothing runs without it and the bigger the stakes, the bigger the lies.

Shall we refrain from quoting ENE? To be fair, let's stop quoting CNN, Fox, Yahoo, MSN or any subsidiaries.

Try boycotting all these brands because they are a monopoly with profit as their only motive. By comparison doesn't ENE look like a small fish?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3n_GbJVCIuI/UnUmZ-3ntzI/AAAAAAAAX04/WShRP19HwEc/s1600/10+Mega-Corporations.png

why should I quit quoting ENE  when their manipulation is blatantly obvious and upfront and they  Cherry picked  the other  organizations  articles for the purpose of misrepresentation ?

Should I just quote you from now on ?

Myself I choose to read them all and then make up my own mind .  Case in point the ENE article .  If people don't look at both sides of the issue they are learning nothing and only being programmed .

Oregon implements rare fishing restrictions to help fish during drought

Oregon wildlife officials are restricting fishing on most of the state's rivers in a first-of-its-kind effort to help fish populations that are dying off from high water temperatures as the state suffers ongoing drought conditions. 
Starting on Saturday and until further notice, fishing for trout, salmon, steelhead and sturgeon will be prohibited in most Oregon rivers, including part of the Willamette River, which runs through the middle of Portland and will be closed to fishing at all hours.
Most other rivers around the state will be closed for fishing from after 2 p.m. until an hour before sunrise. 
Fishing is not restricted in the Columbia and Snake rivers and is allowed in the ocean and lakes.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/17/us-usa-drought-oregon-idUSKCN0PR29Q20150717

Your link in the op doesn't work for me.

why should I quit quoting ENE  when their manipulation is blatantly obvious and upfront and they  Cherry picked  the other  organizations  articles for the purpose of misrepresentation ?

Should I just quote you from now on ?

Myself I choose to read them all and then make up my own mind .  Case in point the ENE article .  If people don't look at both sides of the issue they are learning nothing and only being programmed .

I was just making a point....that ENE is no better or worse than all the rest but for some reason you are fixated on them. As I said, I'd already read the USA Today article so when the OP quoted ENE it looked to be the same info and it was. I don't live there, have not seen the dead fish with my own eyes so for all I know the whole thing is fake. Cherry picking is the sport of all media, a human trait gone corporate. Jeesus, FD, you act like I'm defending Alex or creepy voice Dahboo! Very few are worthy of more than a passing flirtation and a grain of salt.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.