Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CGK

Are Cats Alien Spies?

15 posts in this topic

I think they might be..Have a look at this and you decide! lol

Are Cats Spies Sent by Aliens? A Deep Examination of One of the Internet's Best Conspiracy Theories

Attention cat people. There’s a burgeoning theory around the internet that begs reckoning. It’s not the theory that parasites in cat poop are turning you into crazy cat ladies, though that’s certainly cause for alarm. It’s much worse than that.

Domestic house cats, it seems, may be alien sentinels—sent to spy on us and report their findings back to the mother ship. Or, as some theorists have put it, they’re like alien camcorders tracking our every move.

Well, maybe. We humans love our conspiracy theories, and there’s a decent chance this is just another among them. As a poll published just yesterday reveals, 51 percent of Americans believe the JFK assassination was a conspiracy; 15 percent believe “the government or the media adds mind-controlling technology to TV broadcast signals”; and 4 percent believe reptilian shapeshifters control the government.

It’s impossible to know just how pervasive cats-as-alien spies theory is without an adequate polling apparatus (if you have one, please get in touch). One guesses it’s fairly low. Then again, 4 percent is much higher than one might have expected for the lizard people theory, and, according to the same poll, some 29 percent of Americans believe aliens exist and 14 percent believe in Bigfoot, so who knows?

As with most conspiracy theories, the cats-as-alien-spies theory is surprisingly well-developed—and based on a few kernels of truth and genuine ambiguity. How much? Motherboard decided to take a look at some of the supporting premises, one-by-one.

1. There is no documentation before ancient Egypt that mentions the existence of cats. And in ancient Egypt, they were worshipped as gifts from the gods.

2. Science is baffled by a cat's purr, and cannot determine how the sound is produced. (Feedback, much?)

3. If you hold a cat's ears back and describe what you see, it is a perfect match to the classic “grey alien,” with its almond-shaped eyes, small mouth, and small nose.

4. A cat can see exponentially better than you. Making it appear that it must be more advanced evolutionarily speaking. How?

5. Ever watch a cat wake from a deep sleep and run out of the room in an instant? Transmissions from the mothership coming in, and they must be alone.

6. All things that come out of cats are totally unnatural. (Not of this earth.)

7. Cats survive situations that any earthbound animal would surely perish in. How can a cat fall out of a four-story building backwards, and land on its feet? (Anti-gravity properties.)

8. If you die, your cats will eat you. Not really a link between cats and Aliens, but still pretty creepy.

To read the article in full and the supporting evidence for the alien cat claims go here:

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/are-cats-spies-sent-by-aliens-motherboard-examines-a-favorite-internet-conspiracy-theory

1 person likes this

Seems legit. Anyone who lives with a cat knows that you don't own them, they own you. Irresistible as kittens, easy to infiltrate the human's domain.

On 8/2/2015, 12:14:13, YourMom2 said:

Seems legit. Anyone who lives with a cat knows that you don't own them, they own you. Irresistible as kittens, easy to infiltrate the human's domain.

Because you've fallen for their ploys!  Don't make that mistake again....

On 8/2/2015, 2:11:41, McWest said:

Because you've fallen for their ploys!  Don't make that mistake again....

My 18 year old cat had to be put down a few weeks ago but I still have a fluffy 7 year old. I'm not looking for a kitten but if one found me I'd most likely fall into their trap. I think they have a chip implant that sends out a brain scrambler like a sonic screwdriver. Better a furry alien than a Dalek though!

http://gaspull.geeksaresexytech.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/sonic-screwdriver.jpg

Edited by Cinnamon
image removed/link added

I saw this topic on ATS several years ago, thought it was a joke topic, then it got around 250-300 flags and became one of the top 10 topics in flagged ratings that year...... that doesn't happen often on that shill of a CT forum, unless there's something to it.

Like the Flat Earth topic, most laugh as they see it and pass it by without a 2nd thought.... this may be just like that in regards to how we won't really take it too seriously, but when we do and look into it all, we find there's more to the story.  They say keep your friends close and your enemies closer, and cat's sure have won our hearts and love unconditionally, a perfect spy indeed.

Its not true ! Cats are not aliens . Cats only see things that humans can't . Like through walls into the neighbor's shower .

Tell me what Tom cat would not want to watch this going on    http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2013-08-07-5a.gif

I'm not a alien trust me   http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads22/cat02+18+081392739196.jpg

Edited by Cinnamon
image removed/link added

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.