Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

Cable network to air first live exorcism in house that inspired 1973 horror film

7 posts in this topic

NEW YORK, Aug. 1 (UPI) -- A reality television first is scheduled for the eve of Halloween this year: The telecast of a live exorcism.

Discovery's Destination America network will air Exorcism: Live! on Oct. 30. The program will revisit the real life story -- and the house -- that inspired William Peter Blatty's 1971 novel and William Friedkin's 1973 film -- both titled The Exorcist, the Hollywood Reporter reported Friday.

The film, starring Linda Blair and Max Von Sydow, focuses on a demonically possessed girl and a priest's efforts to rid the devil from her body. The film was based on an actual event in St. Louis in 1949, which will observe its 66th anniversary this year.

"No one has ever attempted to rid the lurking spirits and demons that inhabit this home -- until now," promotional material for the program says.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2015/08/01/Cable-network-to-air-first-live-exorcism-in-house-that-inspired-1973-horror-film/1211438410948/?spt=sec&or=on

ah too bad, we dont get destination america here

Good, Good.

Soon my fellow brethren will possess bodies of their very own.

Yes humans, enter the house, awaken the sleepers.

:betteryet:

It's interesting that the Catholic Church no longer performs exorcisms. Not that priests are experts, but lay people should not mess around with the spirit world. This guy had better be more than just psychic!

They do still perform exorcisms and are training more priests now because they say demonic possession has gone up 100% in past fifteen years.

Catholic Church training more exorcists

A rapidly increasing number of Catholic priests are reportedly being trained in the rite of exorcism.
Dioceses in Italy, Spain, and Mexico are reporting a growing number of cases of someone being possessed by the devil or some other demonic influence.
The Diocese of Milan recently nominated seven new exorcists to combat this increase. Crescenzio Sepe, the Archbishop of Naples has appointed three in previous years, and the Catholic Church in Sardinia recently sent three priests for exorcism training in Rome out of growing concern that the Mediterranean island, particularly its mountainous, tradition-bound interior, is rife with occultism.
-----
Eight priests have been specially chosen to undergo rigorous training in May to confront what the Archbishop described as "an unprecedented rise" in cases of "demonic possession".
Many in the Mexican Catholic Church there believe that the violence of the drug cartels has its roots in demonic activity. Mexican exorcists are so overwhelmed that some are refusing to take on new cases, facing new possessions daily. Speaking to the BBC, Mexico City exorcist Father Francisco Bautista said: "This didn't happen before."
The Church has been reported by the Calgary Herald to have placed the blame for this increase on the accessibility of information on occult practices on the internet. Details of things like Ouija boards, Satanic rites, black magic, and certain pagan and Wiccan activities are all readily available online.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/catholic.church.training.more.exorcists/35321.htm

Vatican's chief exorcist warns that practicing yoga is 'satanic'

The successor to Father Gabriele Amorth, the Vatican's former chief exorcist for 25 years, has come out in condemnation of fantasy novels and yoga, declaring both to cause demonic possession. Speaking to The Independent (UK), Father Cesare Truqui explained how the Roman Catholic Church has seen a steady uptick in reports of demonic possession all around the world, and that popular culture pastimes like reading Harry Potter novels and engaging in Vinyasa are largely to blame.
-----
Father Truqui sees yoga as being satanic, claiming that "it leads to evil just like reading 
Harry Potter." And in order to deal with the consequences of this, his religion has had to bring on an additional six exorcists, bringing the total number to 12, just to deal with what he says is a 100% rise in the number of requests for exorcisms over the past 15 years.
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/049612_Vatican_exorcist_yoga_Harry_Potter.html#ixzz3hbTE0KRu

I wasn't allowed to watch scary movies as a kid so I got The Exorcist from the library and read it at night. 
 :scream: Captain Howdy!

Vatican's chief exorcist warns that practicing yoga is 'satanic'

The successor to Father Gabriele Amorth, the Vatican's former chief exorcist for 25 years, has come out in condemnation of fantasy novels and yoga, declaring both to cause demonic possession. Speaking to The Independent (UK), Father Cesare Truqui explained how the Roman Catholic Church has seen a steady uptick in reports of demonic possession all around the world, and that popular culture pastimes like reading Harry Potter novels and engaging in Vinyasa are largely to blame.
-----
Father Truqui sees yoga as being satanic, claiming that "it leads to evil just like reading 
Harry Potter." And in order to deal with the consequences of this, his religion has had to bring on an additional six exorcists, bringing the total number to 12, just to deal with what he says is a 100% rise in the number of requests for exorcisms over the past 15 years.
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/049612_Vatican_exorcist_yoga_Harry_Potter.html#ixzz3hbTE0KRu

I wasn't allowed to watch scary movies as a kid so I got The Exorcist from the library and read it at night. 
 :scream: Captain Howdy!

I bet you'd be hard pressed to find a priest that would actually perform the ritual. Claiming that yoga is satanic is really shooting themselves in the foot....fitness in body and mind is something to strive for. The church should be teaching that nothing has power over you unless you allow it but then their congregation would soon realize they don't need the church to commune with God.

I bet you'd be hard pressed to find a priest that would actually perform the ritual. Claiming that yoga is satanic is really shooting themselves in the foot....fitness in body and mind is something to strive for. The church should be teaching that nothing has power over you unless you allow it but then their congregation would soon realize they don't need the church to commune with God.

Agreed. The Church is losing members left and right.
I think they may play on superstitious fears keep themselves on top.
The article said a lot of the more recent reports of possession are from Mexico.
Hispanics tend to be deeply religious people (Catholic) and some might not be too well educated.
I don't like that they take advantage of weaker people but throughout history that has been their way.
They invaded nations, destroyed the cultures and replaced them with their own, often by force.

I spent a few years in Catholic school. I learned a lot there about how I didn't want to be.
I must say though, it was a far better educational experience than I had in any public schools.

Most people in society today willfully invite demons in and entertain them. I think they call it socially accepted behavior. 

You ask why I warn them number one? If we flew by a ship and it was It was on fire wouldn't you want to save them.:picard-facepalm:

Edited by WhiteHorse

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.