Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roadtoad2

MH370 passenger taken hostage at Diego Garcia

17 posts in this topic

It also is a fact that with the last reported flight path before its "disappearance" it was making a bee line to the "secret" US military installation at Diego Garcia"

I stopped reading there it was obviously hyperbole.  There is not and has not ever did anything "secret" about Diego Garcia .

It also is a fact that with the last reported flight path before its "disappearance" it was making a bee line to the "secret" US military installation at Diego Garcia"

I stopped reading there it was obviously hyperbole.  There is not and has not ever did anything "secret" about Diego Garcia .

Speaking of Diego Garcia......This looks like an interesting book. Has anyone ever read it? I might purchase it.

Island of Shame: The Secret History of the U.S. Military Base on Diego Garcia  -  by David Vine

The American military base on the island of Diego Garcia is one of the most strategically important and secretive U.S. military installations outside the United States. Located near the remote center of the Indian Ocean and accessible only by military transport, the little-known base has been instrumental in American military operations from the Cold War to the war on terror and may house a top-secret CIA prison where terror suspects are interrogated and tortured. But Diego Garcia harbors another dirty secret, one that has been kept from most of the world--until now.

Island of Shame is the first major book to reveal the shocking truth of how the United States conspired with Britain to forcibly expel Diego Garcia's indigenous people--the Chagossians--and deport them to slums in Mauritius and the Seychelles, where most live in dire poverty to this day. Drawing on interviews with Washington insiders, military strategists, and exiled islanders, as well as hundreds of declassified documents, David Vine exposes the secret history of Diego Garcia. He chronicles the Chagossians' dramatic, unfolding story as they struggle to survive in exile and fight to return to their homeland. Tracing U.S. foreign policy from the Cold War to the war on terror, Vine shows how the United States has forged a new and pervasive kind of empire that is quietly dominating the planet with hundreds of overseas military bases.

Island of Shame is an unforgettable exposé of the human costs of empire and a must-read for anyone concerned about U.S. foreign policy and its consequences. The author will donate all royalties from the sale of this book to the Chagossians.

http://press.princeton.edu/titles/9441.html

Speaking of Diego Garcia......This looks like an interesting book. Has anyone ever read it? I might purchase it.

Island of Shame: The Secret History of the U.S. Military Base on Diego Garcia  -  by David Vine

The American military base on the island of Diego Garcia is one of the most strategically important and secretive U.S. military installations outside the United States. Located near the remote center of the Indian Ocean and accessible only by military transport, the little-known base has been instrumental in American military operations from the Cold War to the war on terror and may house a top-secret CIA prison where terror suspects are interrogated and tortured. But Diego Garcia harbors another dirty secret, one that has been kept from most of the world--until now.

Island of Shame is the first major book to reveal the shocking truth of how the United States conspired with Britain to forcibly expel Diego Garcia's indigenous people--the Chagossians--and deport them to slums in Mauritius and the Seychelles, where most live in dire poverty to this day. Drawing on interviews with Washington insiders, military strategists, and exiled islanders, as well as hundreds of declassified documents, David Vine exposes the secret history of Diego Garcia. He chronicles the Chagossians' dramatic, unfolding story as they struggle to survive in exile and fight to return to their homeland. Tracing U.S. foreign policy from the Cold War to the war on terror, Vine shows how the United States has forged a new and pervasive kind of empire that is quietly dominating the planet with hundreds of overseas military bases.

Island of Shame is an unforgettable exposé of the human costs of empire and a must-read for anyone concerned about U.S. foreign policy and its consequences. The author will donate all royalties from the sale of this book to the Chagossians.

http://press.princeton.edu/titles/9441.html

I assume that guy got all that secret information off the first paragraph of wiki .

"Diego Garcia is an atoll located south of the equator in the central Indian Ocean. Diego Garcia is the largest of the 60 small islands comprising the Chagos Archipelago. Diego Garcia was settled by the French in the 1790s and was transferred to British rule after the Napoleonic Wars. It was one of the "Dependencies" of the British Colony of Mauritius until it was detached for inclusion in the newly created British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT) in 1965. Between 1968 and 1973, the population of the BIOT was removed to Mauritius and The Seychelles, following which the United States built a large naval and military base on Diego Garcia, which has been in continuous operation ever since. As of March 2015, Diego Garcia is the only inhabited island of the BIOT; the population is composed of military personnel and supporting contractors."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Garcia

Myself I don't consider things a secret because some guy that wrote a book for profit claims it is a secret .

Diego Garcia

Just getting to the site is a challenge in itself - the sandy ridge has no other land within 1,000 miles with India to the north, Madagascar to the west, Indonesia to the east and nothing but Antarctica way to the south. The only way in and out is through government ships or planes.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/diego-garcia.htm

The British Indian Ocean Territory is a British Overseas Territory. It is administered from London and there is no British diplomatic or consular representation there.

The British Indian Ocean Territory is not a tourist destination. Access is restricted and a permit is required in advance of travel. There are no commercial flights and permits are only issued to yachts in safe passage. Access to Diego Garcia is only permitted to those with connections to the military facility. See Entry Requirements.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/british-indian-ocean-territory

Job Description:
Program: Ground-based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance (GEODSS) System

Location: Diego Garcia, British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT). Diego Garcia is an island in the Indian Ocean and is an unaccompanied 12-month assignment. Family members and dependents are not allowed on Diego Garcia.

• Required Security Clearance: Secret

http://www.baesystems.jobs/job-sensor-operator-9528br

Its no secret that there is a base on Diego Garcia, but you need a secret clearance to work there! LOL

Diego Garcia

Just getting to the site is a challenge in itself - the sandy ridge has no other land within 1,000 miles with India to the north, Madagascar to the west, Indonesia to the east and nothing but Antarctica way to the south. The only way in and out is through government ships or planes.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/diego-garcia.htm

The British Indian Ocean Territory is a British Overseas Territory. It is administered from London and there is no British diplomatic or consular representation there.

The British Indian Ocean Territory is not a tourist destination. Access is restricted and a permit is required in advance of travel. There are no commercial flights and permits are only issued to yachts in safe passage. Access to Diego Garcia is only permitted to those with connections to the military facility. See Entry Requirements.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/british-indian-ocean-territory

Job Description:
Program: Ground-based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance (GEODSS) System

Location: Diego Garcia, British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT). Diego Garcia is an island in the Indian Ocean and is an unaccompanied 12-month assignment. Family members and dependents are not allowed on Diego Garcia.

• Required Security Clearance: Secret

http://www.baesystems.jobs/job-sensor-operator-9528br

Its no secret that there is a base on Diego Garcia, but you need a secret clearance to work there! LOL

Every country  in every hemisphere has military bases where a security clearance is needed to work on them .

secrecy is and has been a fact as long as there is been civilizations. If it wasn't for secrecy there would be no conspiracy theories . 

I've been there, and yes, I was cleared Top Secret.

In '74, we flew our U-2s from Diego, clear across Africa to photograph the Angola crisis, and back, 14 hour flight

Also, if you google earth it, you'll see that there are at least 4 underwater bases around the island.

The fact that MH 370 passenger Philip Wood was blindfolded and taken prisoner is something that someone should start looking at real close real soon.

The fact that MH 370 passenger Philip Wood was blindfolded and taken prisoner is something that someone should start looking at real close real soon.

Apparently your definition of the word "fact" is some other definition of that word I was previously unaware of .

Substitute the word claimed instead of fact please .

I already answered this, and someone erased it.

My use of 'fact' is quite legitamate, get a new dictionary. I quoted from a new college dictionary before someone wiped out my post.

And, you can't substitute 'claimed', an intransive verb for the noun, 'fact'

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.