Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Congress Moves to Grant Even More Power to the NSA

8 posts in this topic

Carey Wedler
April 22, 2015

(ANTIMEDIA) Washington, D.C. — Privacy advocates are urging the House of Representatives and Senate to vote against bills that further increase the government’s widespread surveillance of citizens. The bills, called the “Protecting Cyber Networks Act” (H.R. 1560) and the “Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act” (S. 754), are the latest move by lawmakers to bolster the strength of the domestic spying apparatus.

One of the main objectives of the new laws is to eliminate consequences for companies that share their users’ private information with the government. The bills refer to this as “liability protection.”

Antimedia

So this is going to give liability protection to companies that share your personal information with the spooks in charge. And will allow them to share cyber threat indicators with law enforcement regarding crimes that have nothing to do with cyber security whether a threat is imminent or not.

The link to hr1560 directed me to the address http://intelligence.house.gov/. After I got done laughing at the irony of the web address verbiage I clicked on the link to the pdf, on page 2 it says:

A BILL

To improve cyber security in the United States through en-

hanced sharing of information about cybersecurity

threats, and for other purposes.

Other purposes? That's a pretty general term for a bill.

1 person likes this

The link to hr1560 directed me to the address http://intelligence.house.gov/. After I got done laughing at the irony of the web address verbiage I clicked on the link to the pdf, on page 2 it says:

Other purposes? That's a pretty general term for a bill.

Other purposes?  Now Im afraid. 

Yes, the blanket terms are often seen in rules, regs and bills. That's what makes them so dangerous, leaves them open ended to do whatever they want until a challenge is launched in the Supreme Court re: constitutionality. Even then, you've seen how it can end up there.

Yes, the blanket terms are often seen in rules, regs and bills. That's what makes them so dangerous, leaves them open ended to do whatever they want until a challenge is launched in the Supreme Court re: constitutionality. Even then, you've seen how it can end up there.

We need a reset,  i think.  Total wipeout of almost everything. Its all corrupted beyond any repair now.  

Unreal. It's like living in some old sci-fi book.

We need to gain back control of our government somehow.

¬¬

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.