Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

good gopher!

8 posts in this topic

Google's propaganda search engine distorts perceptions to control people's thoughts - try Good Gopher instead, a propaganda-free search portal

(NaturalNews) Using Google as your primary online search engine could be subjecting you to brainwashing and propaganda, as the advertising and information giant actively filters search results to push its own agenda. A prominent psychologist has warned that Google's "filter bubble" censors certain information from view, promoting confirmation bias and ultimately ignorance of what's really going on in the world.

Michael Carr-Gregg says the effect of Google's proprietary web-crawling algorithms and tailored search results narrows people's understanding of the world, skewing public perception towards what Google thinks is important for them to know. He warns that real world events often fly under the radar in favor of junk-food news like celebrity gossip and reality television, for instance.

Australia's News.com.au reports that Google's filter bubble also tailors search results based on earlier search queries, preventing users from pulling up other pertinent information that might not fit into their normal routine of searching habits. Over time, such a system isolates users not only from content that deviates from what they normally encounter, but also from others who think and believe differently from themselves.

http://www.naturalnews.com/050597_Good_Gopher_Google_search_engine_thought_control.html

good gopher, the search engine for truth seekers

http://goodgopher.com/

We was busy whilst you were away, Storm.
:chuckle:

Oh, and, btw, we don't thank Shep enough.  Thanks Shep!
:heartflowers:

DOH. i didnt see. thx sky meow. i also wanna praise shep...again..for the thousand time. wondering if he is overwhelmed by the outpouring of praise? good ol shep.

I think most people don't see all the extra stuff on the menus.  Yeah, Shep really puts a lot into this forum, but you can't blame him, it's his baby.  This time for real, unlike DJ.

I think most people don't see all the extra stuff on the menus.  Yeah, Shep really puts a lot into this forum, but you can't blame him, it's his baby.  This time for real, unlike DJ.

hate to say it but though dj is open now, i dont feel that "special" vibe i used to get. its simply a dumping ground for trollers. as ive said before, COP is the real deal.

hate to say it but though dj is open now, i dont feel that "special" vibe i used to get. its simply a dumping ground for trollers. as ive said before, COP is the real deal.

Damn, you're right!  I didn't notice (since I'd almost forgotten about the place.)
:damned::blink:

I just bookmarked gopher. And it delivered a list of search results that were exactly what I wanted. 

Thanks, guys.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.