Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

The hypocrisy of Peta

7 posts in this topic

The anti-PETA campaign is a hoax created by TPTB. 

Here is the truth.

http://www.whypetaeuthanizes.com/petas-official-statement-about-the-peta-kills-animals-hoax.html

While I usually tend to think of Huffpost as liberal-leaning, if They are on this side, well... : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/05/pets-shelter-euthanization-rate_n_6612490.html

As a long time feral cat foster r years in Toronto, their policy of euthanizing feral cats instead of capture, neuter & home is simply wrong.

Edited by BlueHawK

While I usually tend to think of Huffpost as liberal-leaning, if They are on this side, well... : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/05/pets-shelter-euthanization-rate_n_6612490.html

As a long time feral cat foster r years in Toronto, their policy of euthanizing feral cats instead of capture, neuter & home is simply wrong.

Our group does spay/neuter/release. We foster dogs and cats in our homes and provide low-cost spay/neuter for impoverished families. And we get calls for the service from well-to-do people in the community. You wouldn't believe the numbers of purebred dogs in the pounds. Poodles, Maltese, and those "bad" dogs that won't behave, make messes, nip fingers of little boys, etc. I take it for granted that shoes will get chewed, curtains shredded, puppies make poopies on the floor.  

But, Hawk, feral cats do kill a lot of wild birds, esp. ground-nesters. The bobwhite quail on our property are gone. Wild turkeys may be coming back. I have no bumblebees this year. Probably the result of diseases and pests from honeybees, a European species. People just don't now understand the extent of the damage we do to our environment.

Our group does spay/neuter/release. We foster dogs and cats in our homes and provide low-cost spay/neuter for impoverished families. And we get calls for the service from well-to-do people in the community. You wouldn't believe the numbers of purebred dogs in the pounds. Poodles, Maltese, and those "bad" dogs that won't behave, make messes, nip fingers of little boys, etc. I take it for granted that shoes will get chewed, curtains shredded, puppies make poopies on the floor.  

But, Hawk, feral cats do kill a lot of wild birds, esp. ground-nesters. The bobwhite quail on our property are gone. Wild turkeys may be coming back. I have no bumblebees this year. Probably the result of diseases and pests from honeybees, a European species. People just don't now understand the extent of the damage we do to our environment.

Indeed they do Grav. I'm an avid wildlife photographer, and see the diminishing numbers all over. We chose to go on nighttime trapping and worked with local vets to spay & neuter all we could catch and while I was living there we found homes for a over 200 just with my wife & myself. Her being a teacher and having an in-home tutoring business was perfect, always had kids & families seeing the fresh fosters B-)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.