Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucy Barnable

UC officer 'purposefully killed' DuBose

30 posts in this topic

University of Cincinnati Police Officer Ray Tensing was indicted Wednesday on a murder charge for fatally shooting Samuel DuBose during a traffic stop July 19.

It’s the first time a police officer in the city has been charged with murder for killing someone while on duty.

“It’s an absolute tragedy that anyone would behave in this manner,” Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said of the officer. “It was senseless. It’s just horrible.

“He purposefully killed him.”

Video from the officer’s body camera shows a routine traffic stop turning suddenly violent when DuBose leans toward the passenger seat and turns his ignition key, starting the car. Tensing then reaches into the car with one hand and, with the other, fires a single shot into DuBose’s head.

DuBose did not appear to be belligerent or aggressive toward the officer before the shot was fired, though his lawyer said Tensing feared he would be run over.

Tensing, 25, faces 15 years to life in prison if he’s convicted.
The murder charge came after 12 Hamilton County citizens reviewed evidence all day Monday as part of a grand jury investigation into the incident, which has put the city on edge and rekindled worries about the sometimes strained relationship between police and African-Americans in Cincinnati.
-----
UC’s campus shut down and classes were canceled Wednesday in anticipation of the announcement. Ohio Highway Patrol troopers were seen arriving on campus by late morning.

City officials say they also are taking no chances. Cincinnati police are preparing for possible protests and unrest, while Mayor John Cranley and other city officials are asking neighborhood activists to help keep the peace.

They said the city has changed since the riots and unrest that followed a fatal shooting of an unarmed black man by police in 2001, and they are optimistic the reaction this time will be peaceful.

DuBose’s relatives, who buried him Tuesday, called for calm in the city and said the murder charge offers hope the system is working as it should.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/07/29/publish/30830777/

Police protest begins in Cincinnati

The protests have been peaceful as of 7 p.m. The protests got underway at 6:30 p.m. outside of the Hamilton County Courthouse.

https://storify.com/DaytonDailyNews/police-protest-begins-in-cincinnati 

"We don't need no violence ... but the system is broken!" #SamDubose #BlackLivesMatter #Cincinnati

The easiest way to avoid being run over is to not stand next to a moving vehicle.

The easiest way to avoid being run over is to not stand next to a moving vehicle.

True, and the easiest way to avoid being shot by the police is to be polite and cooperative.
Samuel DuBose had been arrested over 60 times, was driving drunk and tried to run from the scene.
I'm not suggesting he deserved to be killed but he was a criminal and the officer probably knew that when he stopped him.

1 person likes this

Trying to apply logic to the illogical is illogical.  The officer was aware he was dealing with a non complaint individual to begin with, as you stated.  It would be illogical to assume that an illogical criminal who was also drunk would act with any rationality whatsoever.  As such, we end up with two irrational people, except one has a gun, and has been trained to view anyone not wearing a uniform that is not instantly compliant as life threatening, and you expect a reasonable outcome?

Trying to apply logic to the illogical is illogical.  The officer was aware he was dealing with a non complaint individual to begin with, as you stated.  It would be illogical to assume that an illogical criminal who was also drunk would act with any rationality whatsoever.  As such, we end up with two irrational people, except one has a gun, and has been trained to view anyone not wearing a uniform that is not instantly compliant as life threatening, and you expect a reasonable outcome?

No, I expect this will continue to occur until the race war they're so desperate for comes to fruition.
The African American community is angry and out of control and the police are edgy and on guard.
It's a lose lose situation and this is how it beings. A federalized militarized police force is the goal imo.

1 person likes this

No, I expect this will continue to occur until the race war they're so desperate for comes to fruition.The African American community is angry and out of control and the police are edgy and on guard.
It's a lose lose situation and this is how it beings. A federalized militarized police force is the goal imo.

Seems the path all this is leading to. I believe you said something in another thread that basically "What do they think will replace the Current police system, puppies & kittens?". Pretty much nailed it. Imagine a force with even More power, and the abuses of same That will grow into?

Seems the path all this is leading to. I believe you said something in another thread that basically "What do they think will replace the Current police system, puppies & kittens?". Pretty much nailed it. Imagine a force with even More power, and the abuses of same That will grow into?

Yep, when the police quit because their job is too dangerous they won't be replace pacifists carrying kittens. It's going to get ugly and it's sad so many are falling for it.

CINCINNATI CRAIGSLIST POST CALLS FOR BLACKS TO SHOOT COPS, BURN POLICE STATIONS

"Dont shoot at the chest because they have bullet proof vests on - Aim carefully and go for the head"

Posted to the local news section of the Cincinnati Craigslist site, the call to arms contains graphic instructions for those wishing to “target the police.”

“The Black Community should stick together and start targeting the police,” the post says, stating that “for years cops have used their badges and guns to unjustly kill way to many black People.”

The post goes on to include several ways in which law enforcement should be attacked, also listing police stations as legitimate targets.

http://www.infowars.com/cincinnati-craigslist-post-calls-for-blacks-to-shoot-cops-burn-police-stations/

The head is a harder target to hit than one would think.  A femoral shot to the legs, however, is a lot easier to achieve.  Whether he survives the bleed or not doesn't really matter; either way he's out of action.

Sorry, this is semi-local to me. If Joe Deiters calls you a chicken shit asshole I can guarantee you you are going to jail .

That is what he did at the press conference. We already had our riot in 2001 ain't going to happen again .

No, I expect this will continue to occur until the race war they're so desperate for comes to fruition.The African American community is angry and out of control and the police are edgy and on guard.

actually the UC police get very little training. They are nothing more than security guards with arrest powers .  He should've never instigated that stop in the first place instead he should've called I believe it's district 5 and had a real officer stop the vehicle .

NASA says earth is round. Where's the proof? 

By grav6 July

VS: 
  • 9 replies
  • 57 views

anyone else notice this? debates about the earth's shape vs. outright murder of someone because a man ran from police after a traffic stop for a license plate not on the front of his car? something stinks... This is my last post on this site, no offense to anyone or Shep but I'm starting to get that GLP smell

here but it's cleverly candy coated so not to appear as hateful... (no offense)

Have fun guys!

• 258 replies
  • 2,553 views <---shape of earth thread
Edited by Polymorphicholofractal

NASA says earth is round. Where's the proof? 

By grav6 July

VS: 
  • 9 replies
  • 57 views

anyone else notice this? debates about the earth's shape vs. outright murder of someone because a man ran from police after a traffic stop for a license plate not on the front of his car? something stinks... This is my last post on this site, no offense to anyone or Shep but I'm starting to get that GLP smell

here but it's cleverly candy coated so not to appear as hateful... (no offense)

Have fun guys!

• 258 replies
  • 2,553 views <---shape of earth thread

why exactly vs the 2 against each other based on view count and replies. One has been up a little under a month, the other 12 hours.

Edited by Ukshep

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.