Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Why Vote?

9 posts in this topic

Ya thats been my question all along Way Vote ??  Ok so you get to vote for your choice of the lesser of evils .

As for me knowing that my vote don't count anyway way should I ? And to I really will never be able to justify the blood on my hands from be a accessory to their crimes . WayVote ??

If voting made change it would be illegal ..

The act of voting gives the appearance of a legitimate government ..

??Way Vote ??

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=1773870

That's a touchy subject for me. The time when your vote is most important hardly anyone participates. That is at your state and local elections,  many of them receive less than 30% voter turnout .

I have voted against Mitch McConnell every chance I got beginning when he ran for Judge  executive his second term .

Your vote does count at your state and local level that is when you should vet the candidates before the big money gets behind them.  By the time you're voting for the same people at a national level your vote is about as useful as a fart in the wind .

do your research on your candidates at your state and local level. The ones that appear to have the big backing vote against, it all depends on turn out at that level.

By the time they reach the national level your vote no longer counts.  A couple thousand more votes at the local level and no one would've ever heard of Mitch McConnell .

Edited by Falling down
3 people like this

That's a touchy subject for me. The time when your vote is most important hardly anyone participates. That is at your state and local elections,  many of them receive less than 30% voter turnout .

I have voted against Mitch McConnell every chance I got beginning when he ran for Judge  executive his second term .

Your vote does count at your state and local level that is when you should vet the candidates before the big money gets behind them.  By the time you're voting for the same people at a national level your vote is about as useful as a fart in the wind .

do your research on your candidates at your state and local level. The ones that appear to have the big backing vote against, it all depends on turn out at that level.

By the time they reach the national level your vote no longer counts.  A couple thousand more votes at the local level and no one would've ever heard of Mitch McConnell .

I agree and agree with your stand on voting in a local election . But good ol boys and gals trying to make a change for the better on the most part will become converted going into the national level being that their political careers are hanging on the dollar along with threats from those in positions of a higher political authority .

Example Here in this community we protested agents Common Core in our schools . This county wouldn't even let it come to a vote .. My point being the agendas on a national level will over rule any opposition to it . Agenda21  

And then there is the issue of fluoride in the city's water they get pissed off at the vary thought of being forced into removing it .

Way Vote    

I agree and agree with your stand on voting in a local election . But good ol boys and gals trying to make a change for the better on the most part will become converted going into the national level being that their political careers are hanging on the dollar along with threats from those in positions of a higher political authority .

Example Here in this community we protested agents Common Core in our schools . This county wouldn't even let it come to a vote .. My point being the agendas on a national level will over rule any opposition to it . Agenda21  

And then there is the issue of fluoride in the city's water they get pissed off at the vary thought of being forced into removing it .

Way Vote    

I see your point. But the movement to recover the federal government has to begin somewhere. If it truly becomes a movement and the young people who are not bothering to vote get out and vet their candidates early it could change the overall outlook and Washington .  Do you not think Congress would be a better place without Mitch McConnell? 

hey you have to start somewhere.

There is no such thing as instant gratification especially in politics. But if everyone doesn't give up and participate's maybe just maybe we can build a better world for our children and grandchildren. Our generation is pretty much stuck where it is but there has to be a grassroots movement to change things .

if not you cannot blame anyone but ourselves for not participating .

1 person likes this

I see your point. But the movement to recover the federal government has to begin somewhere. If it truly becomes a movement and the young people who are not bothering to vote get out and vet their candidates early it could change the overall outlook and Washington .  Do you not think Congress would be a better place without Mitch McConnell? 

hey you have to start somewhere.

There is no such thing as instant gratification especially in politics. But if everyone doesn't give up and participate's maybe just maybe we can build a better world for our children and grandchildren. Our generation is pretty much stuck where it is but there has to be a grassroots movement to change things .

if not you cannot blame anyone but ourselves for not participating .

I will never give up on freedom for the natural born American of all races and religions ! With that being said; I do not oppose Unity . I do not oppose Order . I oppose the means by which that Unity and Order has been manifested and maintained . Greed, anger, fear, and thirst for power have failed the American people . Until we have Unification without fear ... without violence ... without greed ... There will be No World Order. Really moral decay, political corruption and fascism are everywhere. We activists have been busy . For decades we have tried every tactic to avert this catastrophe . We voted, wrote letters, gave money, held signs, protested in marches, clicked links, signed petitions, tweeted websites, wrote books, taught classes, turned off the television, programmed apps, engaged in direct action, committed petty vandalism. All for naught. Popular revolution remains the only viable tactic left .

Its a sad day in American history when the people lose their control granted to them by the rule of law the Constitution and it has been made null and void by corporate interests .

I had my hart set on voting for Ron Paul but then he was ousted in Florida . I did everything I could to support Ron Paul . I made fliers and small business cards I posted on websites I even put bumper stickers on my Harley and then Ron Paul was gone from the race .. I had high hopes .. Sigh ..

Popular revolution remains the only viable tactic left . But I will say this if Trump makes it to nomination I may give it some thought .. If not I say its time to load the shovels and pitch forks and head out to Washington DC

Way Vote ?? This country was not formed from compliance to a authority !! It's only disobedience to that authority that has made changes .

I came into this world covered in someone's blood I don't have a issue with going out the same way . 

Edited by CSB

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.