Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkKnightNomeD

Oklahoma court: Ten Commandments monument at Capitol must go

33 posts in this topic

Oklahoma court: Ten Commandments monument at Capitol must go

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/27/oklahoma-court-ten-commandments-monument-at-capitol-must-go/

Read the full article in the link above.

Published July 27, 2015 Associated Press

OKLAHOMA CITY –  The Oklahoma Supreme Court reaffirmed in a 7-2 decision Monday that a Ten Commandments monument on the state Capitol grounds is unconstitutional and must be removed.

The state's highest court issued an order denying a rehearing requested by Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt, whose office fought to keep the privately funded monument in place. Pruitt spokesman Aaron Cooper said they still were reviewing the opinion and declined further comment.

Chief Justice John Reif wrote in a concurring opinion that justices carefully considered Pruitt's arguments on behalf of the Oklahoma Capitol Preservation Commission and found nothing to merit a rehearing. The court had found previously that the monument is a religious symbol and must be removed because it violates the state's constitutional ban on using public property to benefit a religion.

"The Ten Commandments monument in this case does explicitly 'display' and 'articulate' ideas that directly pertain to the Judeo-Christian system of religion," Reif wrote.

There were four separate opinions written by justices in the majority who agreed the monument is unconstitutional, along with a dissenting opinion from Justice Doug Combs, totaling 60 pages.

Combs wrote that if the state's intention was to endorse a religion, the monument likely wouldn't have been placed on the less-trafficked north side of the building.

2 people like this

I know I shouldn't, but I hope God just levels capital hill with tornado. The only thing left standing, those ten commandments.

1 person likes this

Well, hell, let's just get rid of everything and start over, shall we? Erase every ounce of culture and remembrance of anything that this nation was built on and let the Commies have it all. Pretty soon we'll all be working for the state and get coupons at the end of each week if we've been good little slaves and if we snitch on our friends we might even get a freaking bonus. :IBPlzqK:

3 people like this

They may have to add a word to to the pledge of allegiance " One nation under gods FOOT" if this madness continues like sodom and gommora.

im thinking about the population reduction agenda that's been out for years. They're asking for it. 

History has always repeated itself!

Edited by Radio

'We Won This Round': Satanic Temple Claims Victory After Oklahoma 10 Commandments Ruling

The American Civil Liberties Union is pleased and the Satanic Temple is claiming victory after the decision the Oklahoma Supreme Court made Tuesday that a 6-foot statue of the 10 Commandments must be removed from the capitol grounds.

The 7-2 verdict determined that the monument — which had been funded privately by state Republicans — violated Oklahoma's constitutional ban on using public property to benefit a particular religion. The monument is "obviously religious in nature" and "an integral part of the Jewish and Christian faiths," the court ruled.

Brady Henderson, legal director of the ACLU of Oklahoma, which filed the lawsuit, said he was "very pleased" with the ruling.

https://news.vice.com/article/we-won-this-round-satanic-temple-claims-victory-after-oklahoma-10-commandments-ruling

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/f5165edfa19bcf273643df7b3770f5690bca06dd/r=x404&c=534x401/http/cdn.tegna-tv.com/-mm-/dea05f1b0b5e1528c7919a8fe189a832c31aefca/c=20-0-517-374/local/-/media/2015/07/06/KTHV/KTHV/635718031435595997-satangoat.jpg

Sign of the times, everything the Good Lord warned us about is coming to fruition. 

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (‭John‬ ‭14‬:‭27‬ KJV)

2 people like this

This one was locked between the Satanic Temple and the Ten Commandments causing an ironic deadlock for quite some time.  New York and New Jersey, I think it was the ... Atheists that were suing over the Ten Commandments to help out the Satanic Temple have it's thing placed there.  Michigan is the other place I think they were trying to also put one recently. 

The victory in court is a facade, their real victory is realized when they make us like them by making us react with anger and hatred. They are good at getting us to play right into their hands this way. I got duped into it too with my feelings til I realized I was giving them exactly what they want by stooping to their level. Owned by anger!?

Edited by Radio
Spelling

Even after some muzzie pissed on it, and ran it down with a car and then they jailed 'em, and then rebuilt it.  Now we are still required to remove it.

Wishing death upon men, women, and children.  That sounds like a statement I would expect from an ISIS member.

twisted what i said to jab at. Preferrably it would happen at night when no one was around and thus no one hurt. Even then, I stated clearly "I know I shouldn't". That's okay though. I think you're just mad I pointed out your rainbow brigad's intent for this nation. Sad thing is, I was all for gay rights. Truely. This one democrat on Moogov put it in a way that I was like, "yeah, that makes sense! Everyone should be given a fair shake". And look what they've done with a "fair shake". They want to remove gender roles from the class rooms and from the pulpit. It's disgusting. You give a bitch an inch, and it will take a mile. Thus, why we shouldn't have givin the lil hater nation of all colors anything but civil unions. Because now they're going to confuse the children, while claiming to be helping the children find thier own way. I'm the parent, i'll show my kid his way, thanks. And when he's old enough, mature enough, he can look back down that path, and flip me off and do as he will, since he will have come to age. Schools need to stop trying to parent my child, and a certain someone on this board needs to quit twisting the other users words to try to jab at them.

Edited by Last1oftheJedi

Even after some muzzie pissed on it, and ran it down with a car and then they jailed 'em, and then rebuilt it.  Now we are still required to remove it.

Yes, because it goes against everything our nation stands for.  By allowing that monument to remain on capitol grounds we are endorsing one religion over all the others in this country. 

Would you not feel the same way if a monument to Hera, Freya, or Nott had been erected on capitol grounds?

one nation under God, In God we trust.  I guess those are just random statements . It's funny how they twist freedom of religion. It was so Christians could have the freedom to worship. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.