Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Can anyone answer this regarding marriage?

13 posts in this topic

I'll never pay the state money for the privilege of possibly getting screwed-over if the marriage ends in a bitter divorce, ruined credit, and possibly paying

alimony because someone doesn't want to work and they're jaded.  I have no issues with gays getting married, although I don't think it should be 

called marriage as marriage is a legal definition between man and woman; however, I do believe if gays want to have all the "benefits of marriage" it

should be a separate form that says "civil union" and have exactly that same entitlements granted to a man and woman married legally, but here's my question. 

What's the basis for outlawing polygamy and making it illegal for a man to go for the multi-wife or a woman to go for a multi-husband marriage? Anyone have ANY LOGIC WHATSOEVER in why this isn't allowed?

Is it unethical or "immoral?" It's VERY "Biblical" actually. In my opinion a man is hardly able to handle one woman, much less seven or however many of them, but if they can, and the women don't mind... what's the problem? Does it have anything to do with a financial burden on society or the government? I don't have a lot of common sense sometimes so maybe someone

here can set me straight as to why gay people can marry each other, and straight people can marry each other, but neither group can legally marry more than one partner? 

Help a common sense deficient brotha out...

King Solomon Much? You think that three wives married to a billionaire are going to have issues with each other as they live in luxury spending thousands of dollars a day? I don't think so.

You can reverse it for females too. I know I wouldn't have a problem if I were one of five husbands of my billionaire wife, haha. 

I DO have an issue with states like Oklahoma that let children get married with parents permission. That's redunkulous in my opinion allowing 14 year old kids to get married in the U.S.  

Edited by Polymorphicholofractal
I don't have an editor and brain is kinda jacked up when I write sometimes. And I HATE proofreading. That's what editors are for =P

give it time, and soon enough pimps will reign, abd so will Warren Jeff.  the pimp hand is strong, just not legal yet. do you prefer multi marriages or  no? 

I don't prefer legal marriages at all. If I love a woman, then I don't need to pay the state 35 dollars to prove it and have a legally binding contract with the state between me and my wife. If my wife truly loves me, she won't require me to pay the state 35 dollars for a legally binding contract either. 

Also, my opinion on marriages isn't the issue and so if you could just try and answer the logic question and not derail with personal questions on my thoughts regarding my

preferences on marriage, that would be pretty cool of you. =)

I just want to know why polygamy is banned and what logic is being used for the ban?

True; however, keep in mind that the state in all times and societies has sanctioned marriage for reasons of control.

By controlling the relationship of the family unit, the state controls society.  It's the same reason that religion always seeks to define the family unit.

Makes sense to me. Thanks for your input. So how does polygamy fall into this "loss of control" with the state? 

This isn't ancient times though, and there are many stable, loving happy wives to a single husband. I'm also reversing the role and posing the question of a woman having multiple husbands. How's that going to be easily abused for nefarious purposes. I'm able to comprehend a guy that's a manipulating abuser that takes advantage of women

that are meek, possibly uneducated and former victims of spousal abuse and usually after that tend to seek (unconsciously) another abuser for a replacement husband; however, what about "modern woman" that are in healthy polygamous relationships? Again, what about a wife with multiple husbands?  

Hmmm, perhaps it would be much more difficult to use multiple marriage partners for nefarious reasons today.  Perhaps what we need to look at is why marriage was mandated by law to be between two partners.  The answer may be found there.

*mandated by law to be between a MAN and a WOMAN. (who are also partners but the legal definition of marriage is between a man and a woman) When you say "partners," it can get into a slippery slope, for instance what about a man and woman that want to be married because they love each other, but they're both asexual? They never have sex but they are both partners to each other in life... well how about this scenario, and I'm not trying to get nasty, but what about an Asexual man or woman who is perhaps disabled and relies heavily on the help of a trained monkey, dog, etc to help them. That's their partner, they love the animal like some folks consider their pets members of the family. What if they want marriage status of their "partner" (but don't plan on committing bestiality) so they can have their animal partner get insurance coverage, or whatever? You know that they have been trying for a long time to get animals (non-human animals) I'll just say "beasts" (although a mammal is a mammal and we're mammals) listed with person hood status so they have legal rights not to be used for testing in labs (not talking about testing to help find cures for diseases which aren't abusive or unethical or painful or cruel but the labs using animals for vivisection and testing beauty supplies on ). That's why I'll stay away from the term "partners" even though that's what two people that love each other really are. 

Really my issue with gay marriage is that it will open the doors to legalization of all kinds of fornications under the color of worldly law . Google the 12 perversions . I have a issue with legal marriage NOW simply because marriage to me is a union between a man and a woman and sets in place controls to protect Christian Morals  . Gay marriage is just one more step in the demise of Christianity here in America .  Way can't I have my religion of choice in a country built around it ?  Oh wait; Real Christianity wont serve Satan's needs .. 

Legal definition of marriage : Blacks Law Dictionary http://thelawdictionary.org/marriage/

Marriage, as distinguished from the agreement to marry and from the act of becoming married, Is the civil status of one man and one woman united in law for life, for the discharge to each other and the community of the duties legally incumbent on those whose association is founded on the distinction of sex. 1 Bish. Mar. & Div.

Justice Dept Wants to Legalize 12 'Perversions'  Just listen to the first few minutes of this video !  Scary shit !!  Hide you pets, farm animals and children ...

Note ; I am not a religious person but I am a believer in the father of all things God, that has natural rules with in it's own  . The modern Christian along with other religions as I know of them have become control tools of the elites that will only give praise to a faults God there for Satan or what is called evil .   

Edited by CSB

Care to give us your thoughts on what you think those verses mean?

exactly what they say...

Marriage was established to ensure 2 things: legitimacy of heirs, so husbands would know his kids sprang from his ownproverbial loins, and to provide for children.

The second is an important consideration. See what has happened to the black family since the Great Society replaced the father with Uncle Sam Baby Daddy. Marriage is an impediment to entitlements. In many cases, the men don't even work. They "stay" with the mother-wife, who collects housing allowances, free medical, and handfuls of ebt cards that would choke a horse. They are always in front of me at the cash register.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.