Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Brain hacking: what is deep brain stimulation and why is it on the rise?

10 posts in this topic

This tech is over 50 years old minus the trans-cranial part. They've implanted electrodes in brains of chronic depressive patients that delivers a small zap every two minutes and makes them laugh for no reason (they initially did it with rats and found implants deep in the brain could cause and erases the depression. I always, always give lots of credence though to anything from the news that comes from microsoft... :sleep: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3008353/ <---- "

The Functional Neuroanatomy of Pleasure and Happiness

Abstract

Over fifty years ago the discovery that rats would work to electrically stimulate their brains suggested the intriguing possibility that bliss could be achieved through the use of ‘pleasure electrodes’ implanted deep within the brain. Subsequent research has failed to bring about this brave new world of boundless pleasure, but more recent findings have started to throw new light on the intriguing links between brain mechanisms of pleasure and happiness. We discuss these findings of the underlying neural mechanisms and functional neuroanatomy of pleasure in the brain. In particular we address how they may come to shed light on our understanding of the brain basis of happiness. Beyond sensory pleasures, we examine how higher pleasures may be related to the brain’s default networks, especially in orchestrating cognitive aspects of the meaningfulness important to happiness. We also address how understanding of the hedonic brain might help alleviate the suffering caused by the lack of pleasure, anhedonia, which is a central feature of affective disorders such as depression and chronic pain.

Abstract

This tech is over 50 years old minus the trans-cranial part. They've implanted electrodes in brains of chronic depressive patients that delivers a small zap every two minutes and makes them laugh for no reason (they initially did it with rats and found implants deep in the brain could cause and erases the depression. I always, always give lots of credence though to anything from the news that comes from microsoft... :sleep: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3008353/ <---- "

The Functional Neuroanatomy of Pleasure and Happiness

Abstract

Over fifty years ago the discovery that rats would work to electrically stimulate their brains suggested the intriguing possibility that bliss could be achieved through the use of ‘pleasure electrodes’ implanted deep within the brain. Subsequent research has failed to bring about this brave new world of boundless pleasure, but more recent findings have started to throw new light on the intriguing links between brain mechanisms of pleasure and happiness. We discuss these findings of the underlying neural mechanisms and functional neuroanatomy of pleasure in the brain. In particular we address how they may come to shed light on our understanding of the brain basis of happiness. Beyond sensory pleasures, we examine how higher pleasures may be related to the brain’s default networks, especially in orchestrating cognitive aspects of the meaningfulness important to happiness. We also address how understanding of the hedonic brain might help alleviate the suffering caused by the lack of pleasure, anhedonia, which is a central feature of affective disorders such as depression and chronic pain.

Abstract

I don't trust msn/microsoft at all....in fact I am going to stop linking interesring articles I see there. People may start thinking i am a shill for em or something...when in truth I DESPISE ALL MAINSTREAM MEDIA. What I like to call LAMESTREAM MEDIA...what are the HEAD LIES tonight. (instead of HEAD LINES get it? LoL) But this subject is pretty interesting. wow. thanks for that info on it. wow. the brain is certainly one of the most interesting organs in the human body for sure, heh.

I don't trust msn/microsoft at all....in fact I am going to stop linking interesring articles I see there. People may start thinking i am a shill for em or something...when in truth I DESPISE ALL MAINSTREAM MEDIA. What I like to call LAMESTREAM MEDIA...what are the HEAD LIES tonight. (instead of HEAD LINES get it? LoL) But this subject is pretty interesting. wow. thanks for that info on it. wow. the brain is certainly one of the most interesting organs in the human body for sure, heh.

Clever neo. I like it. :biggrin: Lamestream media. I wonder if you just coined a new term that will be used and go down in urban dictionary history, and uhhh... yeah.. I got it. Haha. 

LameStream MeinStream  .. Who needs deep brain stimulation ? Fox News, CNN, ABC, NBC and the BBC and all those LameStream MSN not listed here .

I wouldn't trust any meinstream news . I don't even trust many alternative news sources as well . Pics and videos can even be used to tell a lie .

But I have to give them credit for the sexy news gals

http://www.movieplaner.com/wp-content/uploads/cache/2012/06/fox-news-channel-sexy-anchor-jenna-lee-500x375/2300630780.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/mEt2VUqnByM/hqdefault.jpg

http://rackjite.com/wp-content/uploads/c1027-womenFOX.jpg

Oh there is more !!   Its all about the boobs no news just boobs ... LOL

It’s a sad state of affairs when humans have no choice but to seek information from the gray area either side of the line between fiction and non-fiction, because once-legitimate sources of information such as mainstream news have become so perverted that they are no longer relevant to human society. However, like it or not, that is the world we all currently live in.

Clever neo. I like it. :biggrin: Lamestream media. I wonder if you just coined a new term that will be used and go down in urban dictionary history, and uhhh... yeah.. I got it. Haha. 

Lamestream I think i coined myself or co deved if i recall correctly ....and as for HEAD LIES tonight that 100percent belongs to fknnewz.com by Deek Jackson, but i like using it. He does an expert job lf telling the truth through comedy with some sarcasm. lol If what he does doesn't cause cognogive dissonance well then people are in deep sleep. Of course they have to see and hear his stuff first but I think most are pretty occupied by lamestream media. lol

Edited by neo1eht

On 7/26/2015, 8:57:46, CSB said:

LameStream MeinStream  .. Who needs deep brain stimulation ? Fox News, CNN, ABC, NBC and the BBC and all those LameStream MSN not listed here .

I wouldn't trust any meinstream news . I don't even trust many alternative news sources as well . Pics and videos can even be used to tell a lie .

But I have to give them credit for the sexy news gals

Oh there is more !!   Its all about the boobs no news just boobs ... LOL

It’s a sad state of affairs when humans have no choice but to seek information from the gray area either side of the line between fiction and non-fiction, because once-legitimate sources of information such as mainstream news have become so perverted that they are no longer relevant to human society. However, like it or not, that is the world we all currently live in.

Yes sadly it is the world we live in. One thing though. The hot news lady thing is obviously to hold the attention of men for ratings I guess it works on lesbians too now that i think about it lol) Thus guaranteed that households are locked in I guess. At least those looking at the news just to see that. Attracted like flies to a light, attentions held. zap goes brains. lol

But errr...those pics you linked....they are all pretty attractive...but Olivia Munn...that last pic....droooooooool uggggh. lol snap out of it neo *slaps self* lol Yeah I always found her attractive..G4 TV, Xplay...gaming heh. .

1 person likes this

One more thing, and this coined word is not my doing but it is pretty funny....they are called (blanket term for all media folk...men and women alike) 

PRESStitutes. I'm sure you get it? lol

"The man" is the PIMP, obviously and they have no choice ..just doing their job as good lil PRESStitutes. heh.

I think that pain and sadness are necessary for humans to evolve and serve an important process for emotional growth. In severe cases, this new trans/intra-whatever stimulation would come in handy though. Back in the day I coined a phrase/term in yahoo chat. Poly-ticks. Many blood-sucking parasites. Used to hang in the physics and beyond planet earth rooms. Look up "PINDAR" in the urban dictionary. Everyone loved trolling this old man who claimed to have made some device that allegedly wasn't possible (something about muons I think, not sure, let me check. Anyway he said his working with it had given him cancer. I found out years later he actually did die of cancer from exactly the same story he told (organ location of his cancer). FOUND IT! http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pindar_1

"

a crazy old man. he spends half the night in a yahoo chatroom talking about his moun generator.(that he never made) he also frequently threatens people with a report to the fbi,nsa,cia. beaware this man knows john ashcroft. this man was a sworn enemy of eagle_averro_isme and they have since parted. pindar has a small following of people. but his main follower goes by the handle bob_dylan_on_steroids and will not leave this old crazy man alone.
pindar would say "what the fuck are you doing you cock sucker. them hackers will get you. cock sucker. 

fucker im goner make a call to john ashcroft and get you put in prison for a few nights"
by pureone September 19, 2004"

I think that pain and sadness are necessary for humans to evolve and serve an important process for emotional growth. In severe cases, this new trans/intra-whatever stimulation would come in handy though. Back in the day I coined a phrase/term in yahoo chat. Poly-ticks. Many blood-sucking parasites. Used to hang in the physics and beyond planet earth rooms. Look up "PINDAR" in the urban dictionary. Everyone loved trolling this old man who claimed to have made some device that allegedly wasn't possible (something about muons I think, not sure, let me check. Anyway he said his working with it had given him cancer. I found out years later he actually did die of cancer from exactly the same story he told (organ location of his cancer). FOUND IT! http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pindar_1

"

a crazy old man. he spends half the night in a yahoo chatroom talking about his moun generator.(that he never made) he also frequently threatens people with a report to the fbi,nsa,cia. beaware this man knows john ashcroft. this man was a sworn enemy of eagle_averro_isme and they have since parted. pindar has a small following of people. but his main follower goes by the handle bob_dylan_on_steroids and will not leave this old crazy man alone.
pindar would say "what the fuck are you doing you cock sucker. them hackers will get you. cock sucker. 

fucker im goner make a call to john ashcroft and get you put in prison for a few nights"
by pureone September 19, 2004"

WoW. What a story there if true...about pindar.

I also called them POLI TICKS funny enough. It is one of the quickest puns I guess that comes to mind after you hear the word poitics. Which leads me to another I stumbled upon with my own mind I think..POLICE  = PO LICE. LoL

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.