Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

CISPA is back... again

30 posts in this topic

This is just getting ridiculous. Using the recent OPM hack as cover, Congress is trying yet again to pass CISA, the worst spying bill yet. CISA doesn't even do anything to deter or prevent hackers — all it will do is give companies like Google and Facebook legal immunity as an incentive to the turn over all our personal data to the government.

Since Congress clearly doesn’t understand modern technology, we're going to send them messages in a mode they might understand: thousands and thousands of FAXES from Internet users demanding their basic online rights.

https://www.newamerica.org/oti/coalition-letter-from-55-civil-society-groups-security-experts-and-academics-opposing-cisa/?t=dXNlcmlkPTU1Mjg1MzE2LGVtYWlsaWQ9OTg5OQ==

3 people like this

Isn't net neutrality bad enough?

Just let the unencumbered FCC vote themselves into business?

Edited by counterintelligence

These people never give up no matter how much the people don't want something they want to shove down our throats. If at first you don't succeed, pay off the people you need to cooperate in one way or another and you'll get it the next time around... or the time after that ... or the time after that.  They can all just :IjskEWt:

1 person likes this

They'll regulate our internet so that we can see how wonderful our government is doing their job.  NOT!

Then they'll use the smart meters to cut off my electricity so that I can't even be able to use the internet.

But since my electricity is out most of the time, they'll still expect me to pay my bill which will be higher because if I don't have any electricity they'll claim a loss and charge me for the difference.

Why is everything the government does contradict itself in so many ways as to be almost ironic?

They'll make it so impossible to live, you won't want to live, because they only want us around for free labor while they keep all of their bloody criminal money that won't buy anything while at the same time they don't even spend any of it. 

I just built a new pc tower last month; I see the day coming when I will be throwing it into the swimming pool still plugged in and running a Tor search .

They'll regulate our internet so that we can see how wonderful our government is doing their job.  NOT!

Then they'll use the smart meters to cut off my electricity so that I can't even be able to use the internet.

But since my electricity is out most of the time, they'll still expect me to pay my bill which will be higher because if I don't have any electricity they'll claim a loss and charge me for the difference.

Why is everything the government does contradict itself in so many ways as to be almost ironic?

They'll make it so impossible to live, you won't want to live, because they only want us around for free labor while they keep all of their bloody criminal money that won't buy anything while at the same time they don't even spend any of it. 

The only way to beat them is to do it down low, locally. You can't ever see these federal people, even if you went to D.C. They only have time for cronys and lobbyists. I've done a few things locally and shocked myself at how easy it was to get a result and how easy it is to scare them when you wave a U.S. Constitution and a State Constitution in their faces. :biggrin: The internet is going to be a tough one and not much to do locally about that, I guess. But the smart meters could be outlawed in your city, county or state if enough people knew what they were really doing to them. We are not powerless, we just aren't exercising our power enough. We might not be able to solve everything, either. The main thing is to pick your battles carefully, arm yourself with information and then fight.

Edited by Cinnamon

The only way to beat them is to do it down low, locally. You can't ever see these federal people, even if you went to D.C. They only have time for cronys and lobbyists. I've done a few things locally and shocked myself at how easy it was to get a result and how easy it is to scare them when you wave a U.S. Constitution and a State Constitution in their faces. :biggrin: The internet is going to be a tough one and not much to do locally about that, I guess. But the smart meters could be outlawed in your city, county or state if enough people knew what they were really doing to them. We are not powerless, we just aren't exercising our power enough. We might not be able to solve everything, either. The main thing is to pick your battles carefully, arm yourself with information and then fight.

Our state has been proactive in fighting the smart meters, but they've even starting putting them in even against opt out (that when I did it told me it was only temporary until the commission just lays down and dies and let's these cronys do whatever they want). 

Oh, and I'll have electricity if and only if the smart meter hasn't blown itself up. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.