Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Gun Confiscation is here.

27 posts in this topic

Gun confiscation is already here. The problem is you just don't see it. Many people thought it would be in the form of government thugs going door to door and demanding your weapons, but they're a lot smarter than that. As with everything else, this is no BIG EVENT. It's incremental and done with paperwork, the invention of new mental illnesses and naming them, the layers of city, state and federal government all making laws that restrict gun ownership, restriction of access to ammunition and then you have the trigger locks and safes which make it so difficult to get to your weapons that you might as well not have one anyway. Doctors are asking if you have guns in your household so that information can be put into yet another database.

Confiscation is already taking place through the VA and other institutions. Now we've got another 4 million people who are going onto the background check list through Social Security and people screaming there are loopholes which I am sure are going to be closed, whether they actually exist or not. This means it's going to be harder to pass a background check. The last one I went through was damned comprehensive and I hate to see what they are going to add to that.

Then there is the restriction of ammunition and information gathering when you buy that in certain places.

This week we've had 2 more mass shootings and every time it happens, the gun control freaks start their yammering about more gun control on law abiding citizens. The ones who want to take more guns for domestic violence should realize that if they really wanted to protect these men and women who are victims of it, they should make it easier for them to get a weapon rather than randomly try and take away their attacker's guns. A gun is a great equalizer, there's no doubt about that and no amount of paper laws are going stop someone who wants to get a gun and kill someone. They will never get all the guns out of everyone's hands. But they will get the guns from many law abiding citizens and leave them in the hands of the criminals.

If they really want to stop gun crime, they should be putting their sights on the urban areas and demanding that the authorities go in and bust the gang bangers and other criminals who are shooting up neighborhoods on a regular basis.

My message to the government and all the other controls freaks that want to take away my 2nd Amendment is this. Amend the Constitution if you think you can, otherwise SHUT UP AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

Edited by Cinnamon
4 people like this

They will never get all the guns and they know it. One of the biggest loopholes they talk about is "the gun show loophole".

There are at last count 33 states that allow private sale of firearms without any paperwork required.   Some states are trying to get the gun show loophole closed down .  But very few if any have tried to stop private firearm sales between people. It's just not going to happen you can go to a yard sale tomorrow in most states and purchase a firearm with no paperwork perfectly legally.

The gun grabbers know better than to try to attack the second amendment openly. They fear that it might backfire on them and many of the regulations in place would be declared unconstitutional .  It ain't going to happen it never will happen all it is a talking point for the talking head liberals to make a stand.

I have owned many rifles and handguns in my life.  I can only remember one I bought in a store .  

Hell years ago I purchased a fully automatic M-60 machine gun off our local  sheriff  he even got me the federal licensing within a month .  I sold it back to him a few years later and made about $500 on the deal. 

Used firearms are a great investment if they are cared for they do not  depreciate .

1 person likes this

Gun confiscation is already here. The problem is you just don't see it. Many people thought it would be in the form of government thugs going door to door and demanding your weapons, but they're a lot smarter than that. As with everything else, this is no BIG EVENT. It's incremental and done with paperwork, the invention of new mental illnesses and naming them, the layers of city, state and federal government all making laws that restrict gun ownership, restriction of access to ammunition and then you have the trigger locks and safes which make it so difficult to get to your weapons that you might as well not have one anyway. Doctors are asking if you have guns in your household so that information can be put into yet another database.

Confiscation is already taking place through the VA and other institutions. Now we've got another 4 million people who are going onto the background check list through Social Security and people screaming there are loopholes which I am sure are going to be closed, whether they actually exist or not. This means it's going to be harder to pass a background check. The last one I went through was damned comprehensive and I hate to see what they are going to add to that.

Then there is the restriction of ammunition and information gathering when you buy that in certain places.

This week we've had 2 more mass shootings and every time it happens, the gun control freaks start their yammering about more gun control on law abiding citizens. The ones who want to take more guns for domestic violence should realize that if they really wanted to protect these men and women who are victims of it, they should make it easier for them to get a weapon rather than randomly try and take away their attacker's guns. A gun is a great equalizer, there's no doubt about that and no amount of paper laws are going stop someone who wants to get a gun and kill someone. They will never get all the guns out of everyone's hands. But they will get the guns from many law abiding citizens and leave them in the hands of the criminals.

If they really want to stop gun crime, they should be putting their sights on the urban areas and demanding that the authorities go in and bust the gang bangers and other criminals who are shooting up neighborhoods on a regular basis.

My message to the government and all the other controls freaks that want to take away my 2nd Amendment is this. Amend the Constitution if you think you can, otherwise SHUT UP AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

GREAT POST!

By integrating the Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) with the Social Security system they will be able to remove guns from a lot of our Disabled Veterans who are on permanent SS.

The media continues to push the connection between prescription antidepressants and mass shootings. Next move will most likely be to tie medical records (Obama Care) into the NICS. Anyone who has ever been diagnosed with ADD, Asperger's, Chronic Depression, etc. or has received a prescribed mood altering medication will be next on their list of people who can not own guns.

1 person likes this

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment II

Easy fix, if they're on that gun-ban list, report the firearm as stolen and just hide the thing. When they need it (their weapon) they can claim they made a mistake and eventually found it. ;) and if they're old they can claim old-timers disease :O

Think they want to round us up without even being able to exercise the old 2nd Amendment in the face of complete tyranny?  Not even a bullet will go off before they have us all?

Think they want to round us up without even being able to exercise the old 2nd Amendment in the face of complete tyranny?  Not even a bullet will go off before they have us all?

It looks that way to me.

What part of the Right to Carry and Bear Arms shall not be infringed do they not understand?

The part where it interferes with them putting a strangle hold on the citizens liberties and rights. 

1 person likes this

The part where it interferes with them putting a strangle hold on the citizens liberties and rights. 

They think that our Founding Fathers were dumb, but hey, they just keep having problems with this whole freedom thing.

I am a disabled vet 100% due to a TBI in the line of duty. I am unable to get Heath insurance in the civilian sector and have no choice but to use va as my care provider. They always ask the question "do you have any guns?" Even the dentist. I found this annoying and started answering the question like this:  No they are antiques and belong in a museum, I want an emp cannon or a phaser. Guns are obsolete as far as I'm concerned. 

that was 20 years ago. This gun grabbing agenda is nothing new at the va.

Frankly IMO they should be more worried about what the 2600 on my hat means.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.