Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

World Trade Drops Most Since Financial Crisis

5 posts in this topic

Source: Wolf Street

Maybe we shouldn’t take our daily corporate samples too seriously. Maybe they don’t adequately represent the global economy. So IBM’s revenues last quarter plunged 13% from a year ago. It blamed China and the dollar, among other culprits. But IBM’s revenues have dropped for 13 quarters in a row. It’s a normal IBM condition and not a reflection of the global economy.

A whole slew of other tech companies chimed in with either disappointing revenues or disappointing outlooks, or both, each blaming a variety of issues, among them China and the dollar. Chip maker Qualcomm just reported a 14% plunge in its quarterly revenues. It’s having trouble in the smartphone market and will lay off a bunch of people. But maybe they’re just running into tougher competitors, rather than a lousy global economy. And the PC business, which is cratering, is dragging down all those involved. That’s structural and has little to do with the state of the global economy. Read More: http://www.blacklistednews.com/World_Trade_Drops_Most_Since_Financial_Crisis/45150/0/38/38/Y/M.html

Futures are also down 40% in the past 14 months. Usually Future prices are a show of things to come in the stock market. Last time there was such a pull back was about 5 months before the crash in 2008. So If this trend continues, its safe to say you can place a big order of Puts and wait for the crash and clean house.

Futures are also down 40% in the past 14 months. Usually Future prices are a show of things to come in the stock market. Last time there was such a pull back was about 5 months before the crash in 2008. So If this trend continues, its safe to say you can place a big order of Puts and wait for the crash and clean house.

There you have it, but be careful though. This coming crash may be so complete, they'll
be no one or nothing left to collect your money from!

... and it certainly won't be in US dollars!

There you have it, but be careful though. This coming crash may be so complete, they'llbe no one or nothing left to collect your money from!

... and it certainly won't be in US dollars!

Agreed! I only trade with money I am willing to loose. I never invest with money I need, just money that I am willing to risk

Agreed! I only trade with money I am willing to loose. I never invest with money I need, just money that I am willing to risk

That's the way it should always be because it just like gambling,
or a crapshoot.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.