Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Idea a.k.a. epiphany Thread

11 posts in this topic

I tried to get this thread started up once before on another site. I always thought it had the makings of a pretty good thread. Everybody sits around and has good ideas or  epiphanies on a regular basis .

I thought it would be fun to kick some of the ideas around some of them might be good  most probably won't .  Many will have holes in them and would be fun to knock down.   But on the other hand there might be many good ideas that just need refinement that someone participating in this thread might have the  ability to run with and profit from the ideas .   They could be fresh ideas, they could be old concepts redefined or they could be ideas for inventions .

Here's one I have wondered about for a while so I will say it. This is more or less just in the spirit of thinking out loud. But who knows someone might be able to implement it in. After all that's what we are here for .  New ideas, new concepts.

soooooo....

Everyone's heard of the  Nashi troll army  that is rumored to have been unleashed by Vladimir Putin in Russia .  It caused many mainstream media news sites to shut down their comment sections and redirect them to places like FB, Twitter and some of those other social sites I really don't go too. 

I have wondered why a site owner like this one has  never pitched the idea to some of the mainstream media news sites to have direct links to a small site with heavy moderation so that they could  look over their comment sections offsite for the media source.

A site owner could do it for free  and make money strictly off  ad revenue.  The site could offer nothing but current event discussions.   Let's say ukshep  directly approaches CNN and offers to take over control and moderate the comment section for free on a direct link. CNN could make it clear that this site does not reflect their views  but is  mearly a venue for exclusive discussion about CNN issues. The disclaimer is that   "The comments on this site does not reflect any CNN views" but it would get their articles talked about and discussed more often and promote the CNN's news site .   As they are now linked to other well-known social media sites to me it distracts from the source of the articles. 

I'm not the most tech savvy guy in the world is everyone who does me realizes. But it just seems like it would be a win situation for individual news sites. They could basically a wash their hands on a popular section which is discussion of the articles. yet still have  A place that deals exclusively with their content .

I'm sure people can find holes in the suggestion I'd like to hear them. But I think people could also see the benefits of the suggestion I would like to discuss those also .

I will leave you with one other example it is a invention I have always wanted to see developed.

Everybody knows what bubble wrap this. Everyone who is ever received bubble wrap cannot resist the urge to pop the bubbles (  it's kind of addicting )

I have always wished that a manufacturer would develop bubble wrap with Sulfur dioxide as the gas in the bubble  (  smells like rotten eggs ).  I mean how many times have you sent gifts to someone that you felt obligated to send a gift to but you really didn't like or  wanted to gag joke ? Well as a prank you would be able to send that gift in the new type of bubble wrap I suggested.  

I know it's guy humor. But when that person pop the bubble wrap it would be the ultimate fart joke ! ?

If you haven't guessed I'm having a couple beers and being a little creative. But come on participate this could be educational or fun ?

those were just a couple random thoughts that go through my bizarre thought process. Anybody else have any?

3 people like this

I hate to burst your bubble but Bubble Wrap doesn't pop anymore. :dry:

Revamped Bubble Wrap Loses Its Pop

Bubble Wrap maker Sealed Air is rolling out a flat version of the packing material to cut down on the cost of shipping air

Bubble Wrap, the packaging material popular with shippers and toddlers alike, is losing its pop.

Sealed Air Corp., the original seller of Bubble Wrap since 1960, is rolling out a revamped version of its signature product. Dubbed iBubble Wrap, the new packaging is sold in flat plastic sheets that the shipper fills with air using a custom-made pump. The inflated bubbles look much like traditional Bubble Wrap, with one key difference: They don’t burst when pressure is applied.

Charlotte N.C.-based Sealed Air is betting iBubble Wrap will appeal to space-conscious online retailers who are driving swift growth in the global packaging business, even as fans are disappointed by the lack of pop. Traditional Bubble Wrap ships in giant, pre-inflated rolls, taking up precious room in delivery trucks and on customers’ warehouse floors. One roll of the new iBubble Wrap uses roughly one-fiftieth as much space before it’s inflated.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/revamped-bubble-wrap-loses-its-pop-1435689665

Good idea for a thread.. :smile:

I hate to burst your bubble but Bubble Wrap doesn't pop anymore. :dry:

Revamped Bubble Wrap Loses Its Pop

Bubble Wrap maker Sealed Air is rolling out a flat version of the packing material to cut down on the cost of shipping air

Bubble Wrap, the packaging material popular with shippers and toddlers alike, is losing its pop.

Sealed Air Corp., the original seller of Bubble Wrap since 1960, is rolling out a revamped version of its signature product. Dubbed iBubble Wrap, the new packaging is sold in flat plastic sheets that the shipper fills with air using a custom-made pump. The inflated bubbles look much like traditional Bubble Wrap, with one key difference: They don’t burst when pressure is applied.

Charlotte N.C.-based Sealed Air is betting iBubble Wrap will appeal to space-conscious online retailers who are driving swift growth in the global packaging business, even as fans are disappointed by the lack of pop. Traditional Bubble Wrap ships in giant, pre-inflated rolls, taking up precious room in delivery trucks and on customers’ warehouse floors. One roll of the new iBubble Wrap uses roughly one-fiftieth as much space before it’s inflated.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/revamped-bubble-wrap-loses-its-pop-1435689665

Good idea for a thread.. :smile:

I like the classics. After all email was supposed to completely replace snail mail. 

I like the classics. After all email was supposed to completely replace snail mail. 

If you realized just how much revenue the US Postal Service has lost since email,
you might see it a bit differently. 3/4's of all US mail sent is junk mail.Hardly worth
the paper and/or the boardstock its printed on! So in a sense, one might say, email
has replaced snail mail.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

If you realized just how much revenue the US Postal Service has lost since email,you might see it a bit differently. 3/4's of all US mail sent is junk mail.Hardly worth
the paper and/or the boardstock its printed on! So in a sense, one might say, email
has replaced snail mail.

honestly when I grew up the post office used to make a profit .  It no longer happens and it never will again. But it still there and probably not going anywhere .

*snip*

I have wondered why a site owner like this one has  never pitched the idea to some of the mainstream media news sites to have direct links to a small site with heavy moderation so that they could  look over their comment sections offsite for the media source.

A site owner could do it for free  and make money strictly off  ad revenue.  The site could offer nothing but current event discussions.   Let's say ukshep  directly approaches CNN and offers to take over control and moderate the comment section for free on a direct link. CNN could make it clear that this site does not reflect their views  but is  mearly a venue for exclusive discussion about CNN issues. The disclaimer is that   "The comments on this site does not reflect any CNN views" but it would get their articles talked about and discussed more often and promote the CNN's news site .   As they are now linked to other well-known social media sites to me it distracts from the source of the articles.

*snip* 

Then Shep would lose at least 1 Moderator, and I suspect a fair chunk of forum members. 

I refuse to do the "dirty work" for a fucking MSM news site and helping them spread their disinformation across the globe. I doubt that association would be lost on most of our forum members as well.

However, the basic idea is a good one if you only care about revenue and not quality or content. Making a website for the sole purpose of being a comment board for a news site *could bring in decent revenue if it were well funded and marketed well from the inception. (they will be heavily trolled and likely targets of cyber-attack when the trolling is moderated)

My 2 cents on the idea. :)

1 person likes this

I only used Shep  as a example. My intention was to show that it could be a good business model for someone. Didn't know many mods the drop the F bomb and take post personally I apologize if I offended you .

honestly when I grew up the post office used to make a profit .  It no longer happens and it never will again. But it still there and probably not going anywhere .

Lol, yeah, true, and just about like every other branch in the government... lost money
in everything they do. Especially since they're attempting to take the country down!

How much has it cost everyone so far just in obummer family and even their friends
vacations? Just another form of taxation to bleed me and you, and all everyone does
is cry about it just the way I am, and yet not a single person tries to do anything about
it! Rant, rant, rant! Sorry...

I only used Shep  as a example. My intention was to show that it could be a good business model for someone. Didn't know many mods the drop the F bomb and take post personally I apologize if I offended you .

No offense taken! :smile:

I simply expounded on your specific example to show how it would not work for the Conspiracy Community in general to do such a thing. I suspect that other "communities" would also have issues moderating new sites either pushing their agendas or suppressing people's opinions. 

However, like I mentioned, it is still a good idea and would probably be a decent revenue generator.

As to the F-Bomb, I do prefer to reserve using the f-bomb for discussing politics and the media. lol
(but that's just me being me) 

1 person likes this

I would rather be confronted by the truth than deceived by a lie. 

WhiteHorse

Then Shep would lose at least 1 Moderator, and I suspect a fair chunk of forum members. 

I refuse to do the "dirty work" for a fucking MSM news site and helping them spread their disinformation across the globe. I doubt that association would be lost on most of our forum members as well.

However, the basic idea is a good one if you only care about revenue and not quality or content. Making a website for the sole purpose of being a comment board for a news site *could bring in decent revenue if it were well funded and marketed well from the inception. (they will be heavily trolled and likely targets of cyber-attack when the trolling is moderated)

My 2 cents on the idea. :)

honestly, gearing one side of the fourm towards conspiracies and a separate  section of the site towards facts and general discussion. Could be a boon for both sides of the issue.

It  could make people whose views are narrow see both sides of the issue. Hell there might even need to be a third form for discussion after that ? ?

as for the F bomb. I consider it the universal adjective but try to refrain most of the time in text. Lol

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.