Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucy Barnable

'Nothing short of heroic'

1 post in this topic

Two brothers pulled a woman from a burning car Saturday afternoon after it had crashed into a gas pump.

One of the brothers punched through the car's passenger-side window to get inside the car as it and two gas pumps burned.
-----

Phillipe and Raphael Bittar pulled their car over to take a picture of the flames and spotted the woman inside the Volvo. Phillipe, 19 years old and a student at Oregon State, ran toward the burning sedan. He said the older woman inside the car had tried to get out herself. She had managed to move from the driver seat to the passenger side but was trapped.

"The woman, she was just panicking inside the car and I told her, 'I'm going to get you out of here as fast as I can,'" said Phillipe. "I just punched the window and I took her out. I picked her up and gave her to her friends."

"The flames were already starting to creep into the back seat, and after we got her out and go her behind the building for safety, we came back (and) the flames were already out of the front seat," said Raphael.

According to Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue, the woman suffered from smoke inhalation and was taken to the hospital. She was expected to recover.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Car-crashes-into-Beaverton-gas-pumps-erupts-in-flames-317011921.html?tab=video&c=y

:heartflowers:

Edited by Cinnamon
image removed

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.