Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ukshep

20,000+ without power in region; Con Edison asks Brooklyn, Queens residents to conserve energy

6 posts in this topic

NEW YORK (WABC) --

More than 20,000 homes and business are without power in the region, and Consolidated Edison is reducing power to several Brooklyn and Queens neighborhoods and asking residents to conserve electricity on one of the summer's hottest days while the utility repairs cables.

As of Monday afternoon at 3:30 p.m., about 16,000 homes and business are without power on Staten Island, with about 11,800 in the Fox Hills area and 4,106 in the Fresh Kills area. Another 5,000 homes and businesses are without power on Long Island, mostly in Nassau County. There's no word yet when the power will be back on.

Con Edison is deploying generators to Staten Island.

Source: http://7online.com/news/11k-without-power-on-staten-island;-brooklyn-queens-residents-asked-to-conserve-energy/866071/

A bit strange given whats going on isnt it?

NEW YORK (WABC) --

More than 20,000 homes and business are without power in the region, and Consolidated Edison is reducing power to several Brooklyn and Queens neighborhoods and asking residents to conserve electricity on one of the summer's hottest days while the utility repairs cables.

As of Monday afternoon at 3:30 p.m., about 16,000 homes and business are without power on Staten Island, with about 11,800 in the Fox Hills area and 4,106 in the Fresh Kills area. Another 5,000 homes and businesses are without power on Long Island, mostly in Nassau County. There's no word yet when the power will be back on.

Source: http://7online.com/news/11k-without-power-on-staten-island;-brooklyn-queens-residents-asked-to-conserve-energy/866071/

the power grids here are aging just like our bridges and roads. They operate in the summer at near capacity, and sometimes that capacity is reached and exceeded. Every year we have a lot of heat the rolling brownouts occur. I remember the electricity going off when I was younger, it only happened in storms. But hey the elite could not horde the wealth and live in luxury if they kept up the infrastructure. 

I heard something to the Effect - If you lose power, they are hooking you up to there power grid, Smart Grid? Was real Eerie when the person said that.

NEW YORK (WABC) --

The so called paint ball gun incident and power outage, I don't see anything to any of it though,
and I live here.

2 people like this

The so called paint ball gun incident and power outage, I don't see anything to any of it though,and I live here.

Indeed! That was the first thing I thought when I saw this news! Coincidences, and them not existing and all.? :picard-facepalm:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.