Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

FYI: MAC address changer

9 posts in this topic

heres a nifty program that allows you to change your MAC address. iam using this so that i can get multiple "free" one hour wifi access with stupid comcrap. so far it works. the image below is an example taken from the technitium website

https://technitium.com/tmac/

Nice! :chuckle:

thx sky meow. ive never tried hacks before..so this is something that could benefit me in the long run.

On 7/20/2015, 10:22:12, Storm64 said:

heres a nifty program that allows you to change your MAC address. iam using this so that i can get multiple "free" one hour wifi access with stupid comcrap. so far it works. the image below is an example taken from the technitium website

On 7/20/2015, 10:22:12, Storm64 said:

http://i.imgur.com/CcVxmnR.jpg

I haven't seen one of those for a time.

If you run a linux distro it is far easier to change your MAC address.

Sites can get a MAC address scanner so they can see if it is the same person behind the changing IP's. Illegal in Europe though even though Google uses MAC address scanners.

Back 5-6 years ago if you got banned on GuLP you changed your MAC address and you could get back on. We were able to prove they were scanning people's MAC addresses.

Going back even further we had WAR drivers who would make up a box that could change your MAC address at will that plugged into your laptop. People would cruise looking for wireless Internet spots to hack and use. As long as they changed their MAC address every time they could not be traced (or so they believed). There used to be maps of all the open wireless hook ons all over. That was back when our best intel came from hacks in the CT scene, before the censorship came down hard. People used those wireless spots they had found to do things they should not be doing.

These days there are people lifting all your info off your phone as you walk passed them sitting in their cars.

Here in NZ all the phone boxes are also wireless Internet hot spots. All part of monitoring you from your appliance rather than guessing which Internet cafe user was you.

Edited by Cinnamon
image removed/link added

thx guitar doc bro. iam hoping that i can continue using this program as it allows me to gain free one hour access more than once in a day. because i miss my forum activity. when i was using full wifi, i didnt have a care in the world. not thinking that one day my wifi would be taken away or restricted. on my phone, i have data mode enabled, and not using wifi -its actually faster than wifi. the steps i take is:

1. turn on pc

2. click open the mac address changer

3. type in original address

4. the last 2 digits, change it to any number configuration

5. go to network in your pc

6. click your favorite wifi selection

7. enable it by running the diagnostic tool to check to see if its ok

8. close that dialog

9. open your browser and for me comcrap shows the signup page, click the "complimentary" pass icon

10. type in any 5 digit zip code (00000) 5 zeros is fine. then add email address, type a fake one like  drunkenpoopcat11@ .....

then you are good to go.

all this just to get an hour of access. *whew

thx guitar doc bro. iam hoping that i can continue using this program as it allows me to gain free one hour access more than once in a day. because i miss my forum activity. when i was using full wifi, i didnt have a care in the world. not thinking that one day my wifi would be taken away or restricted. on my phone, i have data mode enabled, and not using wifi -its actually faster than wifi. the steps i take is:

1. turn on pc

2. click open the mac address changer

3. type in original address

4. the last 2 digits, change it to any number configuration

5. go to network in your pc

6. click your favorite wifi selection

7. enable it by running the diagnostic tool to check to see if its ok

8. close that dialog

9. open your browser and for me comcrap shows the signup page, click the "complimentary" pass icon

10. type in any 5 digit zip code (00000) 5 zeros is fine. then add email address, type a fake one like  drunkenpoopcat11@ .....

then you are good to go.

all this just to get an hour of access. *whew

Worth more than it's weight in gold then.

I choose to live in the sticks rather than more urban environments. I can't even pay my bills without the internet. I pay my domestic utility bills on-line, order things from all around the world. I would have to drive at least 50kms just to do any of those transactions physically. I would be boned without a connection.

I wonder what hacks we will use in the future to get on line or get to sites restricted by our governments. Chances are one day we will need biometric ID to get on-line. I wonder what innovators will do to get around that or use fake ID keys.

One hour at a time is better than no hours at a time.

i didnt know how hacks would work so well. these are good, working hacks that are not harmful. i even found a way to upgrade my cpu without any additional software..as well as my ram. preserve your internet freedom! dont let the big corps boss you around.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.