Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

He Who Controls the Bridges Controls the People.

13 posts in this topic

Remember all those shovel ready jobs Obammy talked about when he was running for President? He was going to put millions of people to work repairing our Nations failing roads and bridges.

Instead of spending our tax dollars on crumbling infrastructure, the bridge bucks are most likely going to support the influx of illegals and ever expanding welfare programs.

On Sunday a bridge along Interstate Highway 10 between Phoenix, Arizona and Palm Springs, California was wiped out by flooding. This is a big deal because I-10 is the most direct route between Phoenix and Los Angeles.  Some 20,000 vehicles use this bridge ever day. People will now have to go 100's of miles out of their way to reach their destinations due to the bridge being closed "indefinitely."

If TPTB wanted to control movement in the entire US all they would have to do is take out a few major bridges.  Within 3 days most grocery store shelves would be empty and there would be no fuel at gas stations. After a week, starving mobs would be roving the streets and Martial Law would most likely be implemented.

I did a bit of research into our Nations bridges and discovered:

There are over 215 million daily crossings on 61,064 U.S. structurally deficient bridges in need of repair.

http://www.artba.org/economics/bridges/

Anyone who has a bug out plan that involves crossing a bridge might need to rethink their route or they are going to be stuck in the city chaos.

I-10 closed in middle of California desert due to flooding, bridge collapse

DESERT CENTER, CA - An elevated section of Interstate 10 collapsed Sunday amid heavy rains in the California desert, injuring one driver, stranding many others, and halting travel for thousands by cutting off both directions of a main corridor between Southern California and Arizona.

"Interstate 10 is closed completely and indefinitely," said Terri Kasinga, spokeswoman for the California Department of Transportation.

A bridge for eastbound traffic about 15 feet above a normally dry wash about 50 miles west of the Arizona state gave way and ended up in the flooding water below, the California Highway Patrol said, blocking all traffic headed toward Arizona.

The westbound section of the freeway near the tiny town of Desert Center also closed. The roadway was intact but extremely undermined by flooding and could need just-as-extensive rebuilding, Kasinga said.

No timeframe was given for when either side would reopen as crews were diverted from other projects to examine the site.

"They won't even be able to begin assessing the damage until Monday," Kasinga said.

http://www.abc15.com/news/state/i-10-closed-in-middle-of-california-desert

If you have a bridge in your area in need of repair, go cover the thing in Confederate Flags. That should get someone's attention! (lol)

1 person likes this

ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOV.com) – The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) will close both directions of the Martin Luther King Bridge for four months starting Monday.

The bridge is scheduled to close at 9 a.m. and remain closed until November 24. 

IDOT officials said the closure is taking place so crews can replace a portion of the bridge deck in the truss span.

While the bridge is under construction, IDOT officials suggest drivers use the Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge as an alternate route over the river.

IDOT originally said the $16 million construction project would start on July 6 but moved it back after construction on the Poplar Street Bridge was not complete

http://www.kmov.com/story/29386916/both-directions-of-martin-luther-king-bridge-to-close-for-four-months

The problem is congress, or specifically, a butthurt group of politicians within congress who do their best to undercut everything they can so as to blame it on the President.

Republicans have spent the first 100 days of this Congress doing nothing but exposing their ineptitude in governing and their contempt for hard-working Americans.  It is fitting that they should spend Tax Day advancing an estate tax repeal that applies to only the 5,400 wealthiest estates in America – and moving towards a budget that gives millionaires a $200,000 tax break and raises taxes on middle class families.

Hard-working Americans have had enough of Republicans stacking the deck for the special interests and against everyone else.  The American people need bigger paychecks and better infrastructure, and Democrats will continue to champion a budget that makes it easier to buy a home, easier to send a child to college, and easier to have a secure and enjoyable retirement.”

http://www.democraticleader.gov/newsroom/pelosi-on-100th-day-of-gop-congress/

Today, President Obama traveled to the Turner-Fairbank Highway Research Center in McLean, Virginia to deliver remarks on the importance of rebuilding our nation’s infrastructure, urging Congress to pass a long-term infrastructure bill that would provide certainty for state and local partners, support millions of jobs, and position our economy for lasting growth

https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2014/07/15/state-and-local-officials-urge-congress-pass-long-term-infrastructure-bill

In “House, Senate Budgets Have Big Cuts in Transportation Infrastructure,” David Reich of the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) explains that the Republican budget outline passed by the House and Senate “cut highway construction and other transportation infrastructure funding over the next decade by 28 percent and 22 percent, respectively, below the cost of maintaining current funding levels.”

http://ourfuture.org/20150330/republican-budget-cuts-infrastructure-spending

The Republican budget seeks to slash about $5.3 trillion from domestic spending over 10 years, with deep cuts to programs that serve the poor, education and infrastructure. It contains no tax increases.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/05/01/republicans-pass-deep-spending-cuts-aim-at-obamacare/21178757/

The problem is congress, or specifically, a butthurt group of politicians within congress who do their best to undercut everything they can so as to blame it on the President.

I don't care who is behind funding/not funding projects and/or who's to blame.  What's important is people will be trapped in the cities without supplies if  bridges are taken out for nefarious reasons. Better rethink your preps and exit stagey if you don't want to be trapped in a city.

I don't care who is behind funding/not funding projects and/or who's to blame.  What's important is people will be trapped in the cities without supplies if  bridges are taken out for nefarious reasons. Better rethink your preps and exit stagey if you don't want to be trapped in a city.

That republican fascist in this country have been trying to turn America into the Fourth Reich since at least 1934. 

It is no surprise that they would desire to limit or destroy the ability of people to move freely as they desire to move all citizens from being subsistence wage workers to province bound serfs/slaves. 

The corporate conservatives in this country tried to use a violent coup before ww2.  When it failed they didn't go away, they just started buying congressmen, media, and promoting right-wing terrorist cells.  They still desire to turn America into a Nazi state, and sadly they have been winning. 

They, through the Koch brothers, created the Tea Party, and are the ones behind most propaganda news sources like Fox, and Breitbart.

They know they can't take America by coup, so they are trying to win the hearts and minds of the People, just like Hitler did.

Then, once they have secured power they will reveal themselves for what they truly are. 

You findings on the state of infrastructure in this country is just another sinister, and mostly unseen, part of their insidious plot.

Retired Marine Corps Major General Smedley Butler claimed that wealthy businessmen were plotting to create a fascist veterans' organization and use it in a coup d'état to overthrow President of the United States Franklin D. Roosevelt, with Butler as leader of that organization. In 1934, Butler testified before the United States House of Representatives Special Committee on Un-American Activities (the "McCormack-Dickstein Committee") on these claims.[1]No one was prosecuted.

At the time of the incidents, news media dismissed the plot, with a New York Times editorial characterizing it as a "gigantic hoax".[2] While historians have questioned whether or not a coup was actually close to execution, most agree that some sort of "wild scheme" was contemplated and discussed....

Butler said that the committee had deliberately edited out of its published findings the leading business people whom he had named in connection with the plot.[18] He said on February 17, 1935, on Radio WCAU, "Like most committees it has slaughtered the little and allowed the big to escape. The big shots weren't even called to testify. They were all mentioned in the testimony. Why was all mention of these names suppressed from the testimony?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot

Then you call the Republicans Fascists. Are the Democrats Communists then? I think so. They have diverted much money to entitlement programs to ensure a loyal base.

Actually I think that anyone who votes for either party is delusional. FR, abandon hope in politics. Look at the real powers, the people who own the Federal Reserve. The Bank of England, the NWO financial system, the global banksters who don`t need roads or bridges. They have private jets and runways and underground bunkers to escape the coming shtf.

I can't believe you think Obama is anything but a puppet of the regime. :snapoutofit:

He kills innocent people every day with drones, maintains Gitmo, has a kill list for his cadre of black ops who off the opposition. Jade Helm is not the military exercise you think it is. It is SkyNet, the machine world of the Terminator movies.  Bush and Cheney did 911. Obama and the great majority of Congressmen would do it today if they thought they could get away with it. 

1 person likes this

How did my bridge thread turn into a political discussion? LOL

Here is all you need to know..People can't get from Phoenix to LA on I-10!  . There is a lot of produce moved via I-10. If truckers have to take a longer route due to the bridge being closed for an extended period of time, the added fuel cost will be passed onto consumers.

Trucking: Over-the-road transportation of cargo is provided by motor vehicles over short and medium distances. The American Trucking Associations reports that in 2012, trucks moved 9.4 billion tons of freight, or about 68.5 percent of all freight tonnage transported domestically. Motor carriers collected $642 billion in revenues, or about 81 percent of total revenue earned by all domestic transport modes.

http://selectusa.commerce.gov/industry-snapshots/logistics-and-transportation-industry-united-states.html

Instead of worrying about who did what to whom..You might want to worry about having some food and supplies in your home because bridge closures could be coming to a city near you very soon.

Then you call the Republicans Fascists. Are the Democrats Communists then? I think so. They have diverted much money to entitlement programs to ensure a loyal base.

Actually I think that anyone who votes for either party is delusional. FR, abandon hope in politics. Look at the real powers, the people who own the Federal Reserve. The Bank of England, the NWO financial system, the global banksters who don`t need roads or bridges. They have private jets and runways and underground bunkers to escape the coming shtf.

I can't believe you think Obama is anything but a puppet of the regime. :snapoutofit:

He kills innocent people every day with drones, maintains Gitmo, has a kill list for his cadre of black ops who off the opposition. Jade Helm is not the military exercise you think it is. It is SkyNet, the machine world of the Terminator movies.  Bush and Cheney did 911. Obama and the great majority of Congressmen would do it today if they thought they could get away with it. 

Whether both parties are part of a massive plot, is a theory, but is solid, is the fact that we have a party in this country that promotes class division, racial division, sexual orientation division, domestic extremists, and hate.  The conservative movement in America was created by rich fascist who dream of an American Fourth Reich.  They use the same tactics that the German Nazi's used to gain and consolidate power. 

Can we trust Democrat politicians?  Probably not, but I will always choose them over the fascists.

Besides, remember history, it was the communists who destroyed Hitler's armies at Stalingrad, and maybe a little communism is just what we need to save our asses once again.

How did my bridge thread turn into a political discussion? LOL

Here is all you need to know..People can't get from Phoenix to LA on I-10!  . There is a lot of produce moved via I-10. If truckers have to take a longer route due to the bridge being closed for an extended period of time, the added fuel cost will be passed onto consumers.

Trucking: Over-the-road transportation of cargo is provided by motor vehicles over short and medium distances. The American Trucking Associations reports that in 2012, trucks moved 9.4 billion tons of freight, or about 68.5 percent of all freight tonnage transported domestically. Motor carriers collected $642 billion in revenues, or about 81 percent of total revenue earned by all domestic transport modes.

http://selectusa.commerce.gov/industry-snapshots/logistics-and-transportation-industry-united-states.html

Instead of worrying about who did what to whom..You might want to worry about having some food and supplies in your home because bridge closures could be coming to a city near you very soon.

Sorry if seems like a derailment, CGk, but this transportation problem is an important part of the agenda to destroy the US. My dad was a bridge builder for the Army Corps of Engineers in WWII. The Germans destroyed bridges throughout their conquered territories, making it necessary for Allied invasion forces to build temporary "Bailey" bridges and other structures for soldiers and vehicles to travel to the front lines. 

He also ran crews of pile drivers who built piers for bridges after the war. I remember riding ferries across many of the rivers in the East, back in the old days. The ferries have been moth-balled for the most part, also a NWO agenda strategy. For me to get to town, I travel on a busy road where big semis haul wood chips and gravel. They pay big road taxes which go somewhere, but not to keep the road fixed. 

FR and others point fingers at political parties as the problem. Good grief, oogaly moogaly, that old-world gullibility is what keeps us forever fighting wars and voting for puppets. FR not only supports a free Palestine, but he also approves of communism!!! World War3, here we come.

We will take sides, just as we always do, and fight one more crusade, then one more, then one more, . . .

The NWO will take this country down, brick by brick. People will starve. No doubt.

1 person likes this

No Worries Grav..I just despise it when a topic drifts off the original intent and ends up in political finger pointing.

You father was in the Corps and was involved in bridge construction so you totally get the importance of this story.

My brother has been in the trucking industry for over 40 years. I constantly get an earful regarding fuel costs, roads, unskilled immigrant drivers, etc.

If  bridges fail or are closed for whatever reason, it creates an impact on the movement of people, products and the cost of goods.

Hell, the main road in/out of my neighborhood has been flooded for the past 2 months. It's cost me an extra 200 bucks in gasoline to take an alternative route to simply go about my daily routine. If you add up all the extra fuel costs my neighbors and I have spent because of one stinking little road being under water I'm sure it's had a negative impact on the local economy. More money spent on fuel, less to spend elsewhere.

Those folks who have to take an alternative route from Phoenix to LA are going to feel the pain in their pockets.  What about all the little mom and pop stores along the route who will see their revenues decline too? A lot of people are living on the edge and cant take much more pain.

Forget Iran throwing a nuke at us. All they have to do is blow up a couple of bridges across the Mississippi and it would disrupt all East/West traffic across the USA.

We live in a country that is dependent on ground transportation. Disrupt that transportation on a large scale and people will be begging for Martial Law.

No Worries Grav..I just despise it when a topic drifts off the original intent and ends up in political finger pointing.

You father was in the Corps and was involved in bridge construction so you totally get the importance of this story.

My brother has been in the trucking industry for over 40 years. I constantly get an earful regarding fuel costs, roads, unskilled immigrant drivers, etc.

If  bridges fail or are closed for whatever reason, it creates an impact on the movement of people, products and the cost of goods.

Hell, the main road in/out of my neighborhood has been flooded for the past 2 months. It's cost me an extra 200 bucks in gasoline to take an alternative route to simply go about my daily routine. If you add up all the extra fuel costs my neighbors and I have spent because of one stinking little road being under water I'm sure it's had a negative impact on the local economy. More money spent on fuel, less to spend elsewhere.

Those folks who have to take an alternative route from Phoenix to LA are going to feel the pain in their pockets.  What about all the little mom and pop stores along the route who will see their revenues decline too? A lot of people are living on the edge and cant take much more pain.

Forget Iran throwing a nuke at us. All they have to do is blow up a couple of bridges across the Mississippi and it would disrupt all East/West traffic across the USA.

We live in a country that is dependent on ground transportation. Disrupt that transportation on a large scale and people will be begging for Martial Law.

If you didn't want the topic to "drift" then why was the first words you read in this thread:

"Remember all those shovel ready jobs Obammy talked about when he was running for President? He was going to put millions of people to work repairing our Nations failing roads and bridges.

Instead of spending our tax dollars on crumbling infrastructure, the bridge bucks are most likely going to support the influx of illegals and ever expanding welfare programs."

You starting the topic implying finger pointing and blame, if that isn't what you wanted to discuss in this thread, then what is?

we don't support illegals in Arizona, but apparently our governing bodies do.... and our highways get adopted... yeah you heard me adopted. nobody gets paid to pick up our trash, abd the chain gangs don't speak uh the English..  so don't even ask... don't ask them to go fight in Iraq to prove there legiance... 

http://azdot.gov/business/programs-and-partnerships/AdoptaHighway/overview

"The Adopt a Highway program is an opportunity for community members to help keep our highways litter free. Tons of trash are picked up every year by Adopt a Highway programs participants nationwide. You can be a part of positive change by joining the volunteer or sponsor programs that help keep our highways beautiful. There are two ways to Adopt a Highway at ADOT. The Adopt a Highway: Volunteer program consists of volunteers who apply for and receive a two year permit to cleanup roadside litter. Sponsor program works with businesses that contract with maintenance providers to cleanup roadside litte

Edited by jayke911

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.