Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Freedom Test

21 posts in this topic

~ The Freedom Test ~

Do you believe in...

#1] An authority

#2] Punishment

#3] Justice

#4] Deserved respect

#5] An enemy

#6] Hierarchy

...?

Answer Yes to any of these and, verily, you have never known it (Freedom.)

Answer No to each and, congratulations, YOU ARE FREE!  ...and, to say it for those who do not comprehend, you will also automatically know what True Joy is.

Freedom is and always has been an illusion.

Nature teaches us this.

Are we free from hunger?

Are we free from struggle?

Are we free from the heat of summer, and the cold blast of winter?

Are we free from the cycle of night and day?

Freedom in the human domain is just such an illusion.  When we interact with other human beings we are not free, we are bound by the requirements of culture and society, which usually finds expression in law and governance. 

Is the man who has a job free?  No, for he has a master.

Is the man who has religion free?  No, for he has a master.

Is a married man free?  No, for his master is now the needs of his family.

Is a rebel free?  No, for his master is now the cause he fights for.

Freedom is and always has been an illusion.

Nature teaches us this.

Are we free from hunger?

Are we free from struggle?

Are we free from the heat of summer, and the cold blast of winter?

Are we free from the cycle of night and day?

Freedom in the human domain is just such an illusion.  When we interact with other human beings we are not free, we are bound by the requirements of culture and society, which usually finds expression in law and governance. 

Is the man who has a job free?  No, for he has a master.

Is the man who has religion free?  No, for he has a master.

Is a married man free?  No, for his master is now the needs of his family.

Is a rebel free?  No, for his master is now the cause he fights for.

You make a good case for illusions, however, allow me to add: Nature is Unnatural

You make a good case for illusions, however, allow me to add: Nature is Unnatural

You're going to need to explain that one, it's not clicking in my head.  I need a little more information to get the idea.

You're going to need to explain that one, it's not clicking in my head.  I need a little more information to get the idea.

I know, and I apologise for not explaining, except it would take many pages to do so.

I shall attempt a summary: What is commonly known as "nature" within the context of this planet at this time is largely Unnatural.  Part of it is still Natural, part of it is, however, NOT.

Example: "The food chain" = Very Unnatural.  In Organic reality fields there is no such thing.

I know, and I apologise for not explaining, except it would take many pages to do so.

I shall attempt a summary: What is commonly known as "nature" within the context of this planet at this time is largely Unnatural.  Part of it is still Natural, part of it is, however, NOT.

Example: "The food chain" = Very Unnatural.  In Organic reality fields there is no such thing.

I can see that, I think.

It shouldn't be natural for everything to be required to survive by killing other things.

I can see that, I think.

It shouldn't be natural for everything to be required to survive by killing other things.

It isn't, except people have come accept that "it's natural", because they have no other point of reference.

It isn't, except people have come accept that "it's natural", because they have no other point of reference.

Well, we also have no other choice.  Everything has to eat to survive.

Well, we also have no other choice.  Everything has to eat to survive.

No, not everything.  Plants don't have to eat, do they?

As for mammals, etc, yes, that's the way things currently are, and, as I've mentioned, that is Unnatural (consuming other lifeforms for sustenance.)  Yes, it's way things are (at the moment); my point is: It doesn't "have" to be that way - not that "it" will 'change overnight' (because, physically, it simply doesn't change), and, that in most parts of the Cosmos, it is not that way.  That this place is affected by the distortion I describe, doesn't mean we simply need to accept it.  There are people who have been able to be fruitarians, for example. (I'm not suggesting 'everyone be a fruitarian', because it's not suitable for most people and, indeed, would kill many people who might try it.)  At least discussing these things could perhaps be of assistance as to where one places one's awareness and in what direction one aims one's consciousness; that is why I bother.

"Argue for your limitations and they are yours."
~ Richard Bach

No, not everything.  Plants don't have to eat, do they?

As for mammals, etc, yes, that's the way things currently are, and, as I've mentioned, that is Unnatural (consuming other lifeforms for sustenance.)  Yes, it's way things are (at the moment); my point is: It doesn't "have" to be that way - not that "it" will 'change overnight' (because, physically, it simply doesn't change), and, that in most parts of the Cosmos, it is not that way.  That this place is affected by the distortion I describe, doesn't mean we simply need to accept it.  There are people who have been able to be fruitarians, for example. (I'm not suggesting 'everyone be a fruitarian', because it's not suitable for most people and, indeed, would kill many people who might try it.)  At least discussing these things could perhaps be of assistance as to where one places one's awareness and in what direction one aims one's consciousness; that is why I bother.

"Argue for your limitations and they are yours."
~ Richard Bach

Plants don't "eat" but they do require the nutrients released by decomposing organic matter; therefore, even plants require that something dies.

1 person likes this

Plants don't "eat" but they do require the nutrients released by decomposing organic matter; therefore, even plants require that something dies.

Nothing of sovereign sentience need be consumed.  Consider that fruit, for instance, can act quite sufficiently as good decomposing matter/nutrient sources for other plants to absorb; then, for example, there are air plants: All they need is air and the moisture in it (the nutrients and carbon dioxide therein are essentially all they need.)

Nothing of sovereign sentience need be consumed.  Consider that fruit, for instance, can act quite sufficiently as good decomposing matter/nutrient sources for other plants to absorb; then, for example, there are air plants: All they need is air and the moisture in it (the nutrients and carbon dioxide therein are essentially all they need.)

But we can neither prove or disprove that plants have a type of sentience or even a spirit.

I've read of studies that go both ways on the matter.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.