Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

sorry pot heads

30 posts in this topic

There’s Some Bad News for Chronic Pot Smokers, According to This Study

A joint once in a while can leave you feeling warm and happy — but for heavy-duty pot smokers, the effect might be the exact opposite.

A study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) studied marijuana users’ response to dopamine, the brain chemical responsible for feelings of pleasure and reward. Researchers from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism and National Institute on Drug Abuse, among others, found that while people who abuse marijuana produce the same amount of dopamine as people who don’t, their bodies don’t receive it properly.
“Marijuana abusers show lower positive and higher negative emotionality scores than controls, which is consistent, on one hand, with lower reward sensitivity and motivation and, on the other hand, with increased stress reactivity and irritability,” the researchers wrote.

http://www.conspiracyclub.co/2015/07/15/bad-news-for-chronic-pot-smokers/

I'm not surprised. It's just like anything else really. If you eat a cheeseburger everyday, the cheeseburgers are not nearly as satisfying as if you only eat one once a month.

From my experience it can be quite an inspirational experience to indulge on occasion but if used regularly it loses its muster and you pretty much just wind up feeling lousy if you don't have it and feel compelled to smoke it just to feel normal. In that respect it is just like all other addictive substances.

And please don't try to tell me it is not addictive. Anything that makes you feel lousy and irritable when you go without for a day (or even half a day) is by definition addictive. Also, I don't know anyone that only smokes the stuff occasionally. They may have started out that way but they always end up as bonafide pot heads. Although the withdrawal is very mild compared to tobacco it is withdrawal nonetheless.

1 person likes this

"“Marijuana abusers show lower positive and higher negative emotionality scores than controls, which is consistent, on one hand, with lower reward sensitivity and motivation and, on the other hand, with increased stress reactivity and irritability,” the researchers wrote."

Absolute bollocks. It depends on the person. How many smokers do you know that have higher negative emotionally reactions? I can name 0, although I don't know many smokers. Those that I did know in the past, some were smart, some were not. Its the same with about anything. Also same with motivation, some were motivated by smoking, some were not. There were some that didn't do anything until they smoked, others that did nothing because they smoked. The increased stress usually came after not being able to smoke because the government/laws made the plant not legal. If it were legal and they were able to get it conveniently and maybe even grow their own, they would not become irritable from not being able to afford/have it. 

50 Successful Marijuana Users Who Prove The Person Matters 

These guys just blew pothead stereotypes up in smoke.

Though marijuana opponents have long pointed suggesting that weed is tied to a lack of motivation, a sampling of successful people who have admitted using the drug suggests otherwise.

Pot policy reform group Marijuana Policy Project has released a list of the top 50 most influential Americans who have used marijuana, and it's a doozy.

The list contains politicians, Supreme Court justices, entertainers, entrepreneurs and a certain leader of the free world who had a habit of “intercepting” joints as a teen in Hawaii. Some admitted only to trying the drug once or twice, while others, like Maya Angelou, reportedly “smoked marijuana with abandon.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/18/most-famous-marijuana-users_n_5160073.html

Edited by rbear
added some info

marijuana_and_human_brain.jpg

The question is this: how much pot constitutes abuse?

The people I know who smoke a lot of it are dull and listless, all the time. Even young men. 

Maya Angelou, really? Obama? Well, that explains -- why he's such a high-handed butt-head.

Now, could a pothead turn a witty phrase like that?

By the way, your linky no worky. 404 error

We can all agree that alcohol abuse is not a good thing, yet we have a culture of pot smokers that think it's OK to get high every day. Any brain altering substance whether it be prescription or illegal drugs, alcohol or pot that has to be relied upon to get through the day is NOT healthy. Classic propaganda promoted by these guys:

c7b8913be915667eda13df6f90bb2526.jpg

This is a hilarious classic. The full movie is also on youtube.

"“Marijuana abusers show lower positive and higher negative emotionality scores than controls, which is consistent, on one hand, with lower reward sensitivity and motivation and, on the other hand, with increased stress reactivity and irritability,” the researchers wrote."

Absolute bollocks. It depends on the person. How many smokers do you know that have higher negative emotionally reactions? I can name 0, although I don't know many smokers. Those that I did know in the past, some were smart, some were not. Its the same with about anything. Also same with motivation, some were motivated by smoking, some were not. There were some that didn't do anything until they smoked, others that did nothing because they smoked. The increased stress usually came after not being able to smoke because the government/laws made the plant not legal. If it were legal and they were able to get it conveniently and maybe even grow their own, they would not become irritable from not being able to afford/have it. 

The post was about emotional response and not intellectual response, it seems that you have whether intentionally or not set up a straw man to knock down.

We can all agree that alcohol abuse is not a good thing, yet we have a culture of pot smokers that think it's OK to get high every day. Any brain altering substance whether it be prescription or illegal drugs, alcohol or pot that has to be relied upon to get through the day is NOT healthy. Classic propaganda promoted by these guys:

c7b8913be915667eda13df6f90bb2526.jpg

This is a hilarious classic. The full movie is also on youtube.

Yeah, those movies were funny. A lot of propaganda is quite hilarious.

It's important to consider the distinct possibility that anything that is purchased underground may have additional ingredients added to it that may be dangerous. 30yrs ago at a military base I was stationed at there was something added called Lucy that made many very sick.

I can just imagine the possibilities in this day and age such as a terrorist in Mexico lacing a bale of pot with a bioweapon.

I'm not surprised. It's just like anything else really. If you eat a cheeseburger everyday, the cheeseburgers are not nearly as satisfying as if you only eat one once a month.

From my experience it can be quite an inspirational experience to indulge on occasion but if used regularly it loses its muster and you pretty much just wind up feeling lousy if you don't have it and feel compelled to smoke it just to feel normal. In that respect it is just like all other addictive substances.

And please don't try to tell me it is not addictive. Anything that makes you feel lousy and irritable when you go without for a day (or even half a day) is by definition addictive. Also, I don't know anyone that only smokes the stuff occasionally. They may have started out that way but they always end up as bonafide pot heads. Although the withdrawal is very mild compared to tobacco it is withdrawal nonetheless.

Funny you say that about cheese burgers. Just yesterday me and my wife stopped
at one of our favorite places to pick up a burger or two on the way home. As we sat
across from one another at our kitchen table while eating, we were both making funny
faces for some strange reason. About mid way eating our burgers, we both pushed them
away, and I said to my wife, "what's wrong honey?" and she responded, "I can't stand these
things anymore". Laughing, I said "I hate these fucking things too, and I'm never gonna eat this
shit again."  My wifes reply, "me too."

It took a few years to finally realize that we were sick of eating this shit! ROFL!

True story!

It just doesn't taste the same as it used to. Even the occasional organic beef burger made at home isn't the same. It's all dull now, produced by a profit-driven industry that doesn't care about quality. Man, it's gonna take a total reset to get quality back into the world.

The post was about emotional response and not intellectual response, it seems that you have whether intentionally or not set up a straw man to knock down.

I have no idea what you are talking about, nor what this is supposed to mean. I am just presenting the facts, and if there is some other way to present them, than idk. There are tons of people who have no emotions, don't smoke, don't drink/etc. They may have emotions but they are fake. Same goes for people who smoke/drink/etc. It depends on the person. Hope this helped. To simply say "smokers have lower emotional response" is the same as saying "(read what I just wrote).

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.