Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Dead At 55

5 posts in this topic

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has died of bile duct cancer, the video game company said in a statement issued on Monday. He was 55.

Iwata was a popular figure among the company's many fans, in no small part due to the fact that he was an enthusiastic gamer who had risen to power from the ranks of programmers.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer," he said at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco in 2005. "But in my heart, I am a gamer."

In 2002, Iwata became the fourth president of Nintendo, which began in 1889 making "hanafuda," or "flower cards," a traditional Japanese card game. He was the first president who didn't belong to the Yamauchi family, Nintendo's founders.

While attending the Tokyo Institute of Technology in the 1980s, Iwata freelanced as a developer for HAL Laboratory, a second-party developer for Nintendo. He joined HAL full-time after graduation, where he worked on popular titles such as "Balloon Fight" and the Kirby series, and became president in 1993 before moving over to Nintendo.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nintendo-president-dies_55a30e9ce4b0ecec71bc58db?

Interesting story I never knew. This is some more of your mixed kinds of posts
that we were talking about the other day. You cover from soup to nuts, and A to Z.
Awesome!

Interesting story I never knew. This is some more of your mixed kinds of posts
that we were talking about the other day. You cover from soup to nuts, and A to Z.
Awesome!

i like to post a variety of topics to keep cop interesting. donuts, memes etc.

" died of bile duct cancer"

so rich millionaire/billionaire maybe dies of a curable disease. What did he try and it shows it did not work. What hasn't he tried? Why didn't he look into alternatives? This is the real story, not that Nintendo lost this guy.

Edited by rbear
added bottom line

Maybe he just didn't catch in time for any treatment to work.

Quite possibly, but I can cite some stories about people given day to live or hours, and taking alternate treatment and being alive today. I once tried to get the documents together, but posting them on discus, my internet cut off and all references were lost. I haven't had the time yet to re-compile them unfortunately.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.