Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Court Rules Government can Secretly Steal Organs from Dead People and Not Tell the Families

7 posts in this topic

New York, N.Y. – In an extremely unsettling ruling, a New York appeals court has ruled that your family members’ organs can be kept by the medical examiner without having to notify the family of the deceased.

The divisive ruling left the seven-member appeals court divided 5-2, with all justices wanting the state legislature to ultimately decide the issue.

The morbid case ensued after a New York medical examiner, doing a routine autopsy on 17-year-old vehicular accident victim Jesse Shipley, kept the brain of the teenager, only to have it be discovered by classmates on a school field trip two months later.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/court-rules-n-y-medical-examiners-organs-notification-consent-family/#KguJ5yCu2HFIvtkE.99

I find it odd that neither the article you source or the article on this from The Guardian cite a reason for why the medical examiner kept the brain.

The reason would have been important to the court ruling, so why is the media leaving it out

This is a old post but one that may help with your question they don't want Americans to know .

The Billion-Dollar Body Parts Industry: Medical Research alongside Greed and Corruption

http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/the-billion-dollar-body-parts-industry-medical-research-alongside-greed-and-corruption-2/

That may be true, but wouldn't the medical examiner have sold it in this case, instead of keeping it? 

Good question !  But then even I have seen human remains in jars . This brain most likely was in good shape being so young and to every medical examiner would know of the black market . Maybe he was looking for a buyer . It could have been a hard sell being a brain is not the most common body part in any market legal or not . I know that body parts are a hot item that is what the donor card is all about . It gives a legal opportunity to remove body parts and to sell them for profit . Some states laws require a 25% of the take .

Now how dos it feel to be a cash cow ? Old term with a new twist 

When someone gets their organs harvested, it should be voluntary, and the hospital should have to pay the surviving family the market value of the organs.

Why hospitals get to take organs from people for free, and then turn around and charge outrages prices for organs for those who need them has never made sense to me.

When someone gets their organs harvested, it should be voluntary, and the hospital should have to pay the surviving family the market value of the organs.

I couldn't agree more ! When my mother passed away they wanted me to donate her skin !!!  Ya really . I didn't donate anything . And came unglued at the person asking and to top that off my mother had only been dead about 30 minutes . I understand to preserve tissue it would have to take place quickly but the gall of these people to ask when people like my mom are not donors . 

The rabbit hole to this subject is deep . Where have many missing people gone both living and dead young to older should be the question .

Sad in the front of America's eyes as what is evil runs wild behind deceptions of what is good for the whole .

I'll have to give you a green later, hasn't rolled over for me yet today.

Can't believe some asshole would ask you that within thirty minutes.  Of course, I'm not a fan of doctors, with the exception of my VA docs.  Most doctors don't seem to like it when you question them.

I owe you a green to . Most doctors don't seem to like it when you question them.   This a fact and never tell one that you get info from the WWW

Now that is horrifying. If you're not on any other list, this is probably where you're "marked".

This is absolutely horrifying!
Death is not a requirement for organ harvesting.

Shock: requiring death before organ donation is unnecessary, say experts

TORONTO, November 1, 2011 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Because organ donors are often alive when their organs are harvested, the medical community should not require donors to be declared dead, but instead adopt more “honest” moral criteria that allow the harvesting of organs from “dying” or “severely injured” patients, with proper consent, three leading experts have argued.

This approach, they say, would avoid the “pseudo-objective” claim that a donor is “really dead,” which is often based upon purely ideological definitions of death designed to expand the organ donor pool, and would allow organ harvesters to be more honest with the public, as well as ensure that donors don’t feel pain during the harvesting process.

The chilling comments were offered by Dr. Neil Lazar, director of the medical-surgical intensive care unit at Toronto General Hospital, Dr. Maxwell J. Smith of the University of Toronto, and David Rodriguez-Arias of Universidad del Pais Vasco in Spain, at a U.S. bioethics conference in October and published in a recent paper in the American Journal of Bioethics.

The authors state frankly that under current practices donors may be technically still alive when organs are harvested – a necessary condition to produce healthy, living organs. Because of this, they say that protocol requiring a donor’s death is “dangerously misleading,” and could overlook the well-being of the donor who may still be able to suffer during the harvesting procedure.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/shock-requiring-death-before-organ-donation-is-unnecessary-say-experts

They don't give any medication for pain either, only a drug that (usually) paralysis the still alive organ donor.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.