Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Missouri town responds to officer exodus after election of black female mayor

17 posts in this topic

http://news.yahoo.com/town-residents-react-to-officer-exodus-after-election-of-first-female-black-mayor-193214641.html

The local CBS affiliate reported that three full-time cops and two part-time cops — five of the city’s six officers — quit without notice. Several other officials, including the city attorney and city clerk, also resigned.

Nelvia Donaldson, an African-American alderman in Parma, thinks bigotry is behind the departures that followed Ramsey’s defeat, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

He said the town’s officers had several run-ins with members of Byrd’s family.

“Rather than put my life in danger more than I do now on a daily basis, I decided to walk away,” Medley said.

Here is another snip from the link. 

Lisa Kirk, 58, who owns a convenience store in Parma, was surprised that the town even had six people on its police force.

“There was never police around in town,” she told the wire service. “We have no idea where the six officers worked or who they are. If they did work, I don’t know where they were.”

Kirk said her shop has been burglarized nine times over the past decade.

One thing’s for sure: Byrd has attracted a lot of supporters on social media since the story broke.

good ur read it 

Now this story should be interesting 

i wounder what they r thinking 

Six police officers for 740 people and no police presence. Do they have Dunkin Donuts there?

Six police officers for 740 people and no police presence. Do they have Dunkin Donuts there?

Jolly Rodgers?  Maybe?  :D

I think they quit because maybe they would finally, actually,  have to start doing their jobs.  xD

Jolly Rodgers?  Maybe?  :D

I think they quit because maybe they would finally, actually,  have to start doing their jobs.  xD

​As scarce as good paying jobs are everywhere, I find it sort of strange that they all quit so suddenly like that. No unemployment checks forthcoming, most likely, either. Or maybe they quit before they got fired. Harder to get a job if you've been fired vs. quit.

​As scarce as good paying jobs are everywhere, I find it sort of strange that they all quit so suddenly like that. No unemployment checks forthcoming, most likely, either. Or maybe they quit before they got fired. Harder to get a job if you've been fired vs. quit.

Good point,  remember the gypsy cops threads?  Just transfer to another agency,  anywhere in the country. >:(

I don't know the lady, but hope she is there to do her Civic Duty. The old regime clearly had something to hide. The old Mayor, City Attorney, City Clerk and 6 armed thugs. 

I hope the new mayor decides to turn over all the computers and records over to the FBI for a full investigation.

I don't know the lady, but hope she is there to do her Civic Duty. The old regime clearly had something to hide. The old Mayor, City Attorney, City Clerk and 6 armed thugs. 

I hope the new mayor decides to turn over all the computers and records over to the FBI for a full investigation.

Wiped clean,  somehow.  Imagine that. 

hmm 

interesting feed back 

so 100% of yall think they were crooks cheats and needed to go 

cant argue with u on that 

the choice is coming

local cops or feds 

that is where this thing is going 

so ya have to ask your self what should I do

< scratching his head 

Edited by thoth

I sincerely hope they are able to fill all the open positions with African Americans.

That area, and others, have been complaining of racism and corruption within the police force for some time now.

This would solves all their problems right?

The lives of countless youths who never did nothing wrong would be saved.

#BLACKLIVESMATTER and Black police officers would know this better than anyone else.

Additionally, African American unemployment is disproportionately high so they should be given top consideration.

Black Unemployment Rate 2015: In Better Economy, African-Americans See Minimal Gains

In February, the unemployment rate for African-Americans was 10.4 percent, while the comparable rates for whites, Hispanics and Asians were 4.7 percent, 6.6 percent and 4.0 percent, in that order, according to data released by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Friday. The national unemployment rate was 5.5 percent last month. Last year, 23.7 percent of those who are black and unemployed had attended some college, 15.4 percent had bachelor’s degrees and 4.5 percent had advanced degrees.

A 2014 study by the Young Invincibles, a nonpartisan education and economic opportunity advocacy group, found an African-American college graduate has the same job prospects as a white high-school dropout or a white person with a prison record. The study attributed the gap to racial discrimination.

http://www.ibtimes.com/black-unemployment-rate-2015-better-economy-african-americans-see-minimal-gains-1837870

Never again would we hear "White cop guns down unarmed Black man".

The community would be safe and everyone would be happy.

Were going to end up with a Federal Police Force. 

Count on it,  only a matter of time,  a short time. 

I said the same thing last year at dj,  Mexico has already done it,  I believe.  Its the old Problem,  reaction,  solution game,  tptb always play. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.