Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

GOP leaders fear damage to party’s image as Donald Trump doubles down

10 posts in this topic

The head of the Republican National Committee, responding to demands from increasingly worried party leaders, spent nearly an hour Wednesday on the phone with Donald Trump, urging the presidential candidate to tone down his inflammatory comments about immigration that have infuriated a key election constituency.

The call from Chairman Reince Priebus, described by donors and consultants briefed on the conversation and confirmed by the RNC, underscores the extent to which Trump has gone from an embarrassment to a cause for serious alarm among top Republicans in Washington and nationwide.

But there is little they can do about the mogul and reality-television star, who draws sustenance from controversy and attention. And some fear that, with assistance from Democrats, Trump could become the face of the GOP.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-could-damage-the-republican-image-party-leaders-worry/2015/07/08/2ec75b4c-25ab-11e5-b72c-2b7d516e1e0e_story.html

trump facial expressions

Sheesh. Yeah, we finally have a faint chance to get someone, well, not Hillary in office, and all these side show nitwits are running amuck. What's sad was Trump's "Mexico is not our friend" was pretty much true. :JSfrXsb:

Wait... "Damage the Republican Party's image?"

LMAO!!!

I am pretty sure they did that to themselves as recently as when they forced Mitt "Obama-Lite" Romney down their base's throats in 2012 after fucking over every decent contender during the caucus race. 

Anyway, back to reality. It's all a show, and Trump likes a good show, but he makes a poor puppet, and the RNC knows this.

1 person likes this

I must say i admire Trump having the balls to tell it like it is. I dont think political correctness is something on his menu, he calls it like he sees it. Maybe he is the guy to do what obviously needs to be done to get  the US back on track. If i was an American i would vote for him over ditzy Hillary any day, something just not right with that woman.

On 7/9/2015, 1:07:23, Storm64 said:

The head of the Republican National Committee, responding to demands from increasingly worried party leaders, spent nearly an hour Wednesday on the phone with Donald Trump, urging the presidential candidate to tone down his inflammatory comments about immigration that have infuriated a key election constituency.

The call from Chairman Reince Priebus, described by donors and consultants briefed on the conversation and confirmed by the RNC, underscores the extent to which Trump has gone from an embarrassment to a cause for serious alarm among top Republicans in Washington and nationwide.

But there is little they can do about the mogul and reality-television star, who draws sustenance from controversy and attention. And some fear that, with assistance from Democrats, Trump could become the face of the GOP.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-could-damage-the-republican-image-party-leaders-worry/2015/07/08/2ec75b4c-25ab-11e5-b72c-2b7d516e1e0e_story.html

trump facial expressions

The GOP leadership are a bunch of yellow belly cowards.

I think anybody that could truly turn this country around for the better would not last long and get offed. It is sooo refreshing though to see Trump not give in to the PC crowd. I think everybody's sick of getting that crap rammed down their throat.

I think anybody that could truly turn this country around for the better would not last long and get offed. It is sooo refreshing though to see Trump not give in to the PC crowd. I think everybody's sick of getting that crap rammed down their throat.

I agree, but Trump is very wealthy and could have his own security team watching his back instead of being totally reliant on the secret service (as JFK was). It probably won't matter anyways but I like to try to stay positive even as the world slowly swirls around the proverbial toilet bowl.

I agree, but Trump is very wealthy and could have his own security team watching his back instead of being totally reliant on the secret service (as JFK was). It probably won't matter anyways but I like to try to stay positive even as the world slowly swirls around the proverbial toilet bowl.

:hug:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.