Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Fourth echelon

Maine fisherman catches extremely rare two-colored lobster

5 posts in this topic

SCARBOROUGH, Maine, July 7 (UPI) -- A fisherman in Maine last week caught a two-toned lobster in an extremely rare find that experts say has a one in 50 million chance of occurring.

Employees from the Pine Point Fisherman's Co-Op in Scarborough could not identify the fisherman who brought in the catch, but they speculated he was local.

The lobster has a half-orange tail and one orange claw but an all-brown body, making it unique even from regular split-colored lobsters that are typically colored brown on one side and orange on the other.

"There's probably quite a few genetic mutations that created that type of pattern," Adam Baukus, scientist at the Gulf of Maine Research Institute, told NECN.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2015/07/07/Maine-fisherman-catches-extremely-rare-two-colored-lobster/8251436306832/?spt=sec&or=on

On 7/7/2015, 7:50:22, Storm64 said:

SCARBOROUGH, Maine, July 7 (UPI) -- A fisherman in Maine last week caught a two-toned lobster in an extremely rare find that experts say has a one in 50 million chance of occurring.

Employees from the Pine Point Fisherman's Co-Op in Scarborough could not identify the fisherman who brought in the catch, but they speculated he was local.

The lobster has a half-orange tail and one orange claw but an all-brown body, making it unique even from regular split-colored lobsters that are typically colored brown on one side and orange on the other.

"There's probably quite a few genetic mutations that created that type of pattern," Adam Baukus, scientist at the Gulf of Maine Research Institute, told NECN.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2015/07/07/Maine-fisherman-catches-extremely-rare-two-colored-lobster/8251436306832/?spt=sec&or=on

I painted a car once one side was a green the other blue . People asked way and I told them that they could only see one side at a time .

If I would have been the fisherman that trapped this guy I would have freaked . It could only be  Act Of God .

wonder if the flesh is all around white meat or dark/white..personally i hate the taste of lobsters

:damned:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.