Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

What is a "Conspiracy Theorist"

9 posts in this topic

Jay Taylor discusses the roots of the term "conspiracy theorist" and the how the CIA coined the the term to discredit those who questioned the system.

1 person likes this

I dont think conspiracy theorist even applies anymore. The meaning of it has changed so much these days. It used to describe an insane like individual who believed in insane crazy theories that most of the time were false. But things have changed so much. We have been proven right so many times now and the perception by the public has changed in our favor.

We are critical thinkers who investigate conspiracy theories and share what we find.

I just got finished talking to some really country folk...and I was amazed at what they knew about conspiracy theories. But it's not conspiracy to them...it's real shit. I loved it!

1 person likes this

I just got finished talking to some really country folk...and I was amazed at what they knew about conspiracy theories. But it's not conspiracy to them...it's real shit. I loved it!

I love that! Im surprised how many uk people know about whats going on. Its as if everyone on some level see's what we see.

Skeptics? which Shep would spell sceptic

Maybe Scrutinizers. That's a mouthful. We question authority.

I don't think we're cynics, though. That suggests a pessimistic attitude.

I love that! Im surprised how many uk people know about whats going on. Its as if everyone on some level see's what we see.

Me too. People are waking up -- and taking baby steps.

Me too. People are waking up -- and taking baby steps.

Yep. Thing is they look to us now when they start asking questions. I find myself dismissing some of the things they ask as preconceived idea's and have to walk them through what can be proven and what is based fully in theory. Its a task.

I don't like the "you need to do something" vibe of the vid.  I like the be a discerning human with information. 

When being a 'conspiracy theorist' became mainstream I knew we were fucked.  

Them: "Yeah, 'they' control everything meh - what can you do.  Did you see the kardashians?" 

Me:  "Damn muddy waters!" 

Nice sidebar - I found this weird kiwi podcast yesterday.  A PHD in defense of conspiracy theories..huh?

http://all-embracing.episto.org/the-philosophy-of-conspiracy-theories/

^ this guy I found odd that hes followed by a fewgreat journalists (dying breed, but not extinct yet) that I follow...like the really good ones. 

Edited by flute
odc hard

I was really surprised. Boy, you should have heard them all going off on Obama. lol Anyway, they are all on board about preparing and securing the neighborhood. They even had the same strategy to blocking entry streets into the neighborhood like I did. I guess I need to branch off and inform other neighbors around the area. One stepped up and volunteered his house as headquarters. I'm amped!

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.